Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha.o)
    Your comments have internalised racist and misogynistic underlings. I am a black female living in south london and I haven't seen girls want a man with money in the ways you are describing. Even so, what's wrong with wanting a guy that is economically stable and able to care for you? Most black people are not rich so all we want is stabilty. It's not the most important thing and also a stereotype with that being said.
    "most black people are not rich"???! Where did you get this statistic from??

(Original post by Anonymous)
    https://instagram.com/romytijan/

^^^See this is what most black girls are like these days, all they ever post about is materialism and money and expensive clothes and holidays etc. That's just boring to me. There are hundreds of profiles I could pull up of black girls that are exactly the same.

Now look at the white girls

https://instagram.com/nightofthelivingbeth/

See the difference? Who wants to be with someone who has nothing but high maintenance on their mind 24 hours a day!?
    There's no helping you.

(Original post by Mannz)
    I added it to demonstrate that I don't have a "hip hop/ghetto make it rain" attitude. I'd have thought that was obvious...
    Aside from the fact that hip hop doesn't equal ghetto.

Don't really understand why I'm being attacked for my personal interests...
    I really hope you don't feel like my post was attacking you! I have nothing against you, I don't even know you I just didn't really see the point of that statement at the end being there lol

(Original post by cat-pook)
    You're being massively misogynistic and racist, mate. You can't just use some random Instagram accounts to make huge generalisations about groups of people, especially oppressed ones? It doesn't even matter if by some miracle, your racist ass was right and that was what every single black girl on this planet was like. That's not a bad thing. There are a ****tonne of men who fit that same criteria, and a ****tonne of white people too. Why you tryna shame ppl for a certain lifestyle if it doesn't affect you at all? You nitty git.
    Lol. You're queer. Of course everything is 'racist' or 'bigoted' to you! I'm half black stupid. I just told you I can show you hundreds of examples but I'm hardly going to post them all here am I. Know many black girls that are into heavy metal or art or philosophy or car mechanics do you?

ReputationRep:

^^^See this is what most black girls are like these days, all they ever post about is materialism and money and expensive clothes and holidays etc. That's just boring to me. There are hundreds of profiles I could pull up of black girls that are exactly the same.

See the difference? Who wants to be with someone who has nothing but high maintenance on their mind 24 hours a day!?
    Lmao, fully not wasting my time on you and your ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mannz)
    "most black people are not rich"???! Where did you get this statistic from??
    I meant most ordinary black people in London are not rich and you can't deny that.

To back this up: http://www.poverty.org.uk/06/index.shtml and http://www.londonspovertyprofile.org...-by-ethnicity/

Pretty sure your trolling at this point because even thick people would understand by now.

Its called a high maintenance woman and they are in every race.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You're queer. Of course everything is 'racist' or 'bigoted' to you! I'm half black stupid. I just told you I can show you hundreds of examples but I'm hardly going to post them all here am I. Know many black girls that are into heavy metal or art or philosophy or car mechanics do you?
    Lmfao, why are you hiding on Anon, mate? Yeah, I do actually know a wide number of people with a variety of interests, why is that so shocking?

Do you hate women out of spite or did your mother not hug you enough?

ReputationRep:
    I meant most ordinary black people in London are not rich and you can't deny that.

To back this up: http://www.poverty.org.uk/06/index.shtml and http://www.londonspovertyprofile.org...-by-ethnicity/
    Holy sh... still though 30-50% isn't "most". But still, quite a bit. Didn't know that statistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mannz)
    Holy sh... still though 30-50% isn't "most". But still, quite a bit. Didn't know that statistic.
    It can't be that surprising when you're black and live in south/east london. We aren't poor by other countries' standards and yes there are black people who are well off but a large minority are.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, you obviously don't know the meaning of "queer". And do you understand the difference between "racist" and bigoted"?
    You must be on anon because you know you're full of ****.

Pretty sure your trolling at this point because even thick people would understand by now.

Its called a high maintenance woman and they are in every race.
    Well I just am mostly attracted to dark skinned black girls and I just want to talk to some that like some different things other than money and status.

ReputationRep:
    It can't be that surprising when you're black and live in south/east london. We aren't poor by other countries' standards and yes there are black people who are well off but a large minority are.
    Do I have to apologise for finding the figures surprising? Give me a break. Geez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mannz)
    Do I have to apologise for finding the figures surprising? Give me a break. Geez.
    Who's asked you to apologise? I'm simply stating a fact.

ReputationRep:
    Who's asked you to apologise? I'm simply stating a fact.
    You said "it can't be that surprising since (I'm) black and live in south/east London". I took that as I ought not be surprised/my surprise was ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    u say this like u havent met a black woman in ur life

ReputationRep:
    ...or their instagram page...
    I'm yet to meet a person who owns an instagram page, and who isn't self absorbed. Just saying.

On the other hand, have you tried real life yet? I haven't met a black girl in years that's anything close to ghetto, so I can't think of where you're going wrong.

Lol @ the black vs white instagram pages comparison though. As if you couldn't find an attention seeking white girl even if you tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mannz)
    You said "it can't be that surprising since (I'm) black and live in south/east London". I took that as I ought not be surprised/my surprise was ridiculous.
    You insinuated that and besides, it really shouldn't be surprising there are many impoverished communities in London including the black african/caribbean community.

ReputationRep:

So you base your idea of black girls on a few pictures. Smh.

I rather the black girl's account than that alternative art rubbish,on the other Instagram

I'm black and the fact you want black girls in a 'white' persona is horrible. How can you judge skin colour for personality. Have you dated every black girl in the world, because I know I'm not all about money. White girls can be all about money, Asian girls can, Arabic girls can. All girls can!

I find this so annoying when boys have ignorant perceptions based on (should I say American stereotypes). Maybe you should look at your own character rather than black girls before critising us.

Maybe try talking to an actual black girl and stop having so much face value.

(Original post by Another)
    I'm yet to meet a person who owns an instagram page, and who isn't self absorbed. Just saying.

On the other hand, have you tried real life yet? I haven't met a black girl in years that's anything close to ghetto, so I can't think of where you're going wrong.

Lol @ the black vs white instagram pages comparison though. As if you couldn't find an attention seeking white girl even if you tried.
    Yes in real life every single black girl I meet is into money, cars, jewellery, hip hop, world star hip hop, strippers shaking their ass for cash, etc you get the picture. That's what I mean when I meet a black girl I look them up after on their social media and that's what they are like. Every single black girl I meet likes Drake and Rick Ross or Meek Mills for example, only white girls I know like more interesting/more intelligent music.

The point of my comparison was not to show attention seeking but to show the difference in the things they are into, their INTERESTS

ReputationRep:
    lol at this post. OP can't seriously be asking the internet if girls outside the internet are different to the girls he sees on the internet😂

It's not everyday bash black girls under the pretence of wanting to find a "good one." Sometimes face books and leave internalized racism to the real world☺️

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that not every black girl is the same

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.