Turn on thread page Beta

Starting a relationship with my best friends sister watch

ReputationRep:
    "Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight"

yh because parents decide to suddenly do that after she was attacked

(Original post by sdotd)
    "Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight"

yh because parents decide to suddenly do that after she was attacked
    She hadn't told them. She wanted to do it in person and not over the phone. She didn't tell them until the following morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my friend are both 19 and his sister is 16. We have known each other since we were both around 5 years old. This meant that I have also known his younger sister since she was young. We have always got on well and when she was growing up she did start flirting but I never returned it. Last week some guys were picking on her in the street. They smashed her phone and went to take her purse but I saw them and stepped in and helped her. She was obviously shaken up so I offered to take her home. When we got back to hers the house was empty so she asked me to stay with her until someone got home because she was scared so I agreed.

My friend was staying over his girlfriends and parents were working. We just stayed up watching films and trying to take her mind off what had happened. Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight so my friends sister asked me to stay the night. I agreed but after a while she started crying so I gave her a hug and she was thanking me. She then leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away and told her she didn't know what she was doing but she leaned in again. This time I responded and kissed her back. Since then we have been meeting up in secret and just hanging out and having fun. We haven't had sex yet, kissing is as far as it's gone but we both love being in each others company and just relaxing watching films.

Now she wants to go public with the relationship but I don't know how my friend will respond and part of time thinks what we are doing is wrong. My friend and his family have been grateful to me for helping her but I think they will think I am taking advantage of her because of what happened even though I'm not
    What do you think we should do and do you think what we are doing is wrong?
    Ask your friend if they're are okay with you dating their sister. You could lose your friendship otherwise,

(Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    We're these bullies a pack of puppies?
    No, I'm pretty sure they were human.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend should shake your hand for 'saving' his little sis, then proceed to knock you out

ReputationRep:
    I have an older brother with a similiar age gap as your friend and his sister (i'm 20 and he's 23) and know that if one of his friend was interested in me, he'd want them to tell him and re-assure him that they wouldn't mess me about.
    Definitely explain to your friend how you feel about his sister and that you want to be official with her. If I was you, I'd also agree not to discuss the intimate details of your relationship with your friends, especially him, as he probably won't want his sister being talked about in that context.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by BaffledPenguin)
    Your friend should shake your hand for 'saving' his little sis, then proceed to knock you out
    Why? It's not like I have done anything wrong and why put saving in inverted commas?

(Original post by Sophi12)
    I have an older brother with a similiar age gap as your friend and his sister (i'm 20 and he's 23) and know that if one of his friend was interested in me, he'd want them to tell him and re-assure him that they wouldn't mess me about.
    Definitely explain to your friend how you feel about his sister and that you want to be official with her. If I was you, I'd also agree not to discuss the intimate details of your relationship with your friends, especially him, as he probably won't want his sister being talked about in that context.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice, I will probably talk to him soon and explain everything to him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2015
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.