Turn on thread page Beta

How does a shy uni girl get her crush to ask her out? watch

(Original post by noobynoo)
    Maybe he's gay
    At least I wouldn't have to take the rejection too personally then.

(Original post by Mr JB)
    Propose to him during graduation.
    That's actually a cute idea haha. But I think first I should ask if he wants to go for coffee/drinks.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just get drunk together and see what happens. As is traditional in these parts.

(Original post by noobynoo)
    Why don't you just get drunk together and see what happens. As is traditional in these parts.
    I don't drink but he does only a bit though nothing crazy. Plus I don't want to have sex with him... Yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have to... Even if I go redder than a lobster!! Even if I wee wee myself!! Even if it gives me a heart attack!!! I really like him :cry2:
    Honestly if you think he likes you then embarrassing yourself could be worth it, he might find it cute and endearing, or you could humiliate yourself because he's secretly been a man-whore all summer or has already found his bride to be.

Stare at him and smile loads and if you get no response he thinks your a creep, if not good luck

(Original post by NutellaLuv)
    Honestly if you think he likes you then embarrassing yourself could be worth it, he might find it cute and endearing, or you could humiliate yourself because he's secretly been a man-whore all summer or has already found his bride to be.

Stare at him and smile loads and if you get no response he thinks your a creep, if not good luck
    Thank you I will definitely talk to him find out what he has been up to this summer that was on my mind actually

(Original post by miser)
    Don't worry, if he showed interest before, he'll probably still feel the same way. Ask him out directly to hang out together - he'll get the message.
    Yes definitely it's time to be direct And thanks I hope he feels the same :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No I explained it somewhere above I declined when he asked me because I was a bit taken aback I think. I've known him since about December last year.

I'm at uni now. I have male friends but none that I'm really close to.

Yeah I'm going to ask him but I would prefer to do it face to face believe it or not, or even over the phone, just not by messaging/texting.
    I was just saying that you should message him to meet up. Then in person say what you feel, have a good with him.
    Just be yourself, he likes you for who you are.

Do you guys have things in common?
    I take it he studies the same subject as you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.