Turn on thread page Beta

Rant about my life watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you need a power up

ReputationRep:
    Literally in the same boat as you. Never used to cry and now I literally have to hide away at school so no one sees me crying, same at home. Wish I could be there for you irl, it's the worst feeling ever, honestly. Best of luck to you, hope it gets better really soon, for both of us

(Original post by Imperion)
    You sound like you need a power up
    I really do.
    Where can I get one?

(Original post by gabzzz)
    Literally in the same boat as you. Never used to cry and now I literally have to hide away at school so no one sees me crying, same at home. Wish I could be there for you irl, it's the worst feeling ever, honestly. Best of luck to you, hope it gets better really soon, for both of us
    Aw,thanks and I'm sorry to hear that totally know how you feel. Hope it gets better too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really do.
    Where can I get one?
    Asda :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Idk tbh. You're gonna have to figure that out yourself

Asda :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Idk tbh. You're gonna have to figure that out yourself
    Going to Asda tomorrow! Will pick it up then!

How do you do those spoiler thingys?? Anyway, yup I sure will have to. One way or another , sooner or later. The question is how. :/

ReputationRep:
    Going to Asda tomorrow! Will pick it up then!

How do you do those spoiler thingys?? Anyway, yup I sure will have to. One way or another , sooner or later. The question is how. :/
    :rofl: Have fun. Tbh, I find that I power up when I listen to music that I can bounce to. Also doing something I found hard and discovering just powers me up
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A hard question or even when I'm working on a song and think "omg the chords are dragging but if I chop them they sound off. What do I do???" then I listen to something get an idea boom, I can continue my 50 second production :rofl:
    Being around people doesn't really help me much. I end up feeling inferior or just a bother to others.

'['spoiler]--[/spoiler]

Put what you want to put in between those two tags - where I've put '--'. Also the first tag doesn't have the apostrophes; so it's gonna look like [spoiler] The last tag is just fine

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thanks for the advice. It could be worse I guess and it's only a matter of years I have to put up with this then I'll hopefully be going to uni.
    Good luck mate, keep your head up and stay positive

ReputationRep:
    Reading this I genuinely thought one of my old threads had been resurrected, it fit me almost exactly. Pretty eery tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Tldr; find interesting things to engage yourself with, preferably things related to your difficulties to help make sense of what your feeling/thinking. It's all a part of growing up.

If this isn't grown out of but instead, it persists..

You may feel stuff like: there's nothing you can do, or that there's no one you can rely on, or what is there for you to do? Eventually you may decide you're on your own and things just don't matter. It is pretty crappy.

Adolescence feels like a *****, and to be fair it really is at times.
    We all go through it, some family cultures are better at coping than others, and some outside cultures/situations are better outlets for the person affected than others. It seems like for you, you feel as if things aren't going your way and it is so much so that it's almost as if things shouldn't go your way; and so it all just seems to become all the more harder?

Try talking to this friend of yours about stuff. Ask her what her family life is like, ask her is she feels as if she hasn't got control of things. If not her, then maybe try discussing these these things with your sister? But I'm guessing she's younger than you atm so it mightn't be as beneficial for you in the short term. So, if you feel like you can't talk to those around you then you've already begun doing what I'd suggest next..

If you're sensible and careful, the internet is fantastic for interacting and learning of people who share your problems or struggles; you can use it to pick up on things by reading about and talking to complete strangers. Be it youtube videos, people's blogs, their microblogs on stuff like twitter and tumblr, or forums like TSR. Learn from the stuff you come across. (I've mentioned the internet because it's so accessible, but books can also help as well as other things like hobbies)

Just to clarify; when I say these things can help you, I don't mean it in an obvious, taught fashion. What I mean, is that by simply expressing, exploring, thinking, reflecting and relating things for yourself, you can help clarify your opinions and reasons as well as that of others. For now, it'll do. You'll be able to stave off the boredom or more appropriately in your case, the loneliness of your situation. You seem like a bright enough kid from how you've rationalised your issues so you'll probably, just as others have probably said, be fine and grow out of it.

Take it easy kid, things might seem very serious, but really, a lot of things are pretty irrelevant and superficially inflated and a lot of people get sucked into this which naturally leads to a lot of people feeling restricted and under pressure. It's unfortunate but possible. However. As long as people are sensible; they'll be alright, it's the same for you.

[QUOTE=louieee;59223413]Reading this I genuinely thought one of my old threads had been resurrected, it fit me almost exactly. Pretty eery tbh.

.. Sorry, Has it got any better for you?

(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Tldr; find interesting things to engage yourself with, preferably things related to your difficulties to help make sense of what your feeling/thinking. It's all a part of growing up.

If this isn't grown out of but instead, it persists..

You may feel stuff like: there's nothing you can do, or that there's no one you can rely on, or what is there for you to do? Eventually you may decide you're on your own and things just don't matter. It is pretty crappy.

Adolescence feels like a *****, and to be fair it really is at times.
    We all go through it, some family cultures are better at coping than others, and some outside cultures/situations are better outlets for the person affected than others. It seems like for you, you feel as if things aren't going your way and it is so much so that it's almost as if things shouldn't go your way; and so it all just seems to become all the more harder?

Try talking to this friend of yours about stuff. Ask her what her family life is like, ask her is she feels as if she hasn't got control of things. If not her, then maybe try discussing these these things with your sister? But I'm guessing she's younger than you atm so it mightn't be as beneficial for you in the short term. So, if you feel like you can't talk to those around you then you've already begun doing what I'd suggest next..

If you're sensible and careful, the internet is fantastic for interacting and learning of people who share your problems or struggles; you can use it to pick up on things by reading about and talking to complete strangers. Be it youtube videos, people's blogs, their microblogs on stuff like twitter and tumblr, or forums like TSR. Learn from the stuff you come across. (I've mentioned the internet because it's so accessible, but books can also help as well as other things like hobbies)

Just to clarify; when I say these things can help you, I don't mean it in an obvious, taught fashion. What I mean, is that by simply expressing, exploring, thinking, reflecting and relating things for yourself, you can help clarify your opinions and reasons as well as that of others. For now, it'll do. You'll be able to stave off the boredom or more appropriately in your case, the loneliness of your situation. You seem like a bright enough kid from how you've rationalised your issues so you'll probably, just as others have probably said, be fine and grow out of it.

Take it easy kid, things might seem very serious, but really, a lot of things are pretty irrelevant and superficially inflated and a lot of people get sucked into this which naturally leads to a lot of people feeling restricted and under pressure. It's unfortunate but possible. However. As long as people are sensible; they'll be alright, it's the same for you.
    Thanks for such a detailed reply and I will definitely try to put your suggestions into practice.

:rofl: Have fun. Tbh, I find that I power up when I listen to music that I can bounce to. Also doing something I found hard and discovering just powers me up
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A hard question or even when I'm working on a song and think "omg the chords are dragging but if I chop them they sound off. What do I do???" then I listen to something get an idea boom, I can continue my 50 second production :rofl:
    Being around people doesn't really help me much. I end up feeling inferior or just a bother to others.

'['spoiler]--[/spoiler]

Put what you want to put in between those two tags - where I've put '--'. Also the first tag doesn't have the apostrophes; so it's gonna look like [spoiler] The last tag is just fine
    Ahh, right thanks!
    I like listening to music from time to time too. Mostly,bI like to draw to power up I would say probably.
    And I totally agree with the hard question idea- doing a hard maths question and getting it right is so rewarding and satisfying as nerdy as that sounds.

Spoiler:
    Show
    fingers crossed I have done this right..

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, right thanks!
    I like listening to music from time to time too. Mostly,bI like to draw to power up I would say probably.
    And I totally agree with the hard question idea- doing a hard maths question and getting it right is so rewarding and satisfying as nerdy as that sounds.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fingers crossed I have done this right..
    What music do you listen to? Plus, have any of your drawing I can see? :ahee: Mhmm, I love that feeling
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, you did :cool:

What music do you listen to? Plus, have any of your drawing I can see? :ahee: Mhmm, I love that feeling
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, you did :cool:
    Anything that sounds good really xD but alternative rock and indie is good. As for my drawings.. I don't really want to post them here because people might find out who I am that way and I want to remain Miss Tery

Anything that sounds good really xD but alternative rock and indie is good. As for my drawings.. I don't really want to post them here because people might find out who I am that way and I want to remain Miss Tery

**a mystery
    Damn, autocorrect.

ReputationRep:
    **a mystery
    Damn, autocorrect.

Ever heard of Nu Disco? Probs just Indie that has been 'houseified'

Ah okay. For a second I was like 'Anonymous? But you just told me your name? :confused:' :rofl:

Ever heard of Nu Disco? Probs just Indie that has been 'houseified'

Ah okay. For a second I was like 'Anonymous? But you just told me your name? :confused:' :rofl:
    Yeah I have, vaguely remember listening to a song by them. They are pretty good
    And no... I didn't ... That was autocorrect obviously :0

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have, vaguely remember listening to a song by them. They are pretty good
    And no... I didn't ... That was autocorrect obviously :0
    Mhmm Ikr. I listen to loads of them when I'm chillin'.

:rofl: Nope lol

Thought I'd update this- well just kind of decided to get on with life. The same stuff happens everyday. How can I take my mind off it..?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.