Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for A108 but haven't had an email re portal etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sim.c)
    I have applied for A108 but haven't had an email re portal etc.
    It should be on the first email that you got from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dunkman;61058953]It should be on the first email that you got from them

I haven't received any emails from them? Just says on UCAS that they are still considering

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sim.c;61059223]
    (Original post by Dunkman)
    It should be on the first email that you got from them

I haven't received any emails from them? Just says on UCAS that they are still considering
    Did you not get a confirmation email when you sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dunkman;61059493]
    (Original post by sim.c)

Did you not get a confirmation email when you sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. It just shows on UCAS.
    I have just phoned them and apparently there is an issue with hotmail accounts not receiving emails!
    I have got info from other places, just thought Nottingham were taking longer to reply as It is great uni and has many applicants. It's my first choice.
    Just found out supporting documents were already supposed to be sent, but not everyone was asked to send them. Just waiting to hear back from the IT team and hoping I was asked to send them and didn't receive the email.....as assume that is a good sign they are considering you for interview.
    Just hope it isn't too late!
    Wish I didn't choose to have a hotmail account now :-(

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sim.c;61059685]
    I have just phoned them and apparently there is an issue with hotmail accounts not receiving emails!
    I have got info from other places, just thought Nottingham were taking longer to reply as It is great uni and has many applicants. It's my first choice.
    Just found out supporting documents were already supposed to be sent, but not everyone was asked to send them. Just waiting to hear back from the IT team and hoping I was asked to send them and didn't receive the email.....as assume that is a good sign they are considering you for interview.
    Ah right. I didn't get anything with regards to supporting documents, I'll call them now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sim.c;61059685]
    I just called them and they said that I have to call back on Monday morning, I asked if I had been sent any extra documents etc..
    Have you also emailed them? If so what address did you email them on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dunkman;61060283]
    (Original post by sim.c)

I just called them and they said that I have to call back on Monday morning, I asked if I had been sent any extra documents etc..
    Have you also emailed them? If so what address did you email them on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have never received any emails from them and have a hotmail account email the IT department [email protected]

If you already have had emails from them and are on the portal and have not been asked to send supporting documents for why you meet the widening access then you won't need to I assume

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dunkman;61060105]
    (Original post by sim.c)

Ah right. I didn't get anything with regards to supporting documents, I'll call them now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's to tell you to send documents to prove you meet the widening access criteria.
    eg proof of household income etc.
    You only need to send it if asked to.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sim.c;61060363]

If you have never received any emails from them and have a hotmail account email the IT department [email protected]

If you already have had emails from them and are on the portal and have not been asked to send supporting documents for why you meet the widening access then you won't need to I assume
    [QUOTE=sim.c;61060411]

It's to tell you to send documents to prove you meet the widening access criteria.
    eg proof of household income etc.
    You only need to send it if asked to.
    I'm using my school email address so I should be fine?
    Yea I guess they would've contacted me since Im on the portal. I'll still call them on Monday, let's see what they say. Last admissions cycle I called them around Jan/Feb to ask if there had been any progress with my application and literally 5 minutes later I got rejected I'm scared of calling universities now 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dunkman;61060499][QUOTE=sim.c;61060363]

(Original post by sim.c)

I'm using my school email address so I should be fine?
    Yea I guess they would've contacted me since Im on the portal. I'll still call them on Monday, let's see what they say. Last admissions cycle I called them around Jan/Feb to ask if there had been any progress with my application and literally 5 minutes later I got rejected I'm scared of calling universities now 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It says on website interviews are dec, jan and early feb and all should hear by end of feb, So if we are offered interview assume it won't be very long till we hear.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Im a current A108 student and I was in your position last year, So if you have any questions fire away.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Well done for getting a place. Thanks for offering insight, I am so keen to get a place for 2016. How are you finding the course? Academically and placements. Is it great being in a small cohort for the year 0?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sim.c;61059685]
    I also have a hotmail account but I received an email asking to upload the supporting documents. I assumed everyone would get asked this so they can see if you actually do meet their criteria for the course?

ReputationRep:
    I've received an email about My Portal. But I haven't received one about sending supporting documents. I've been on My portal few times and it hasn't been on my checklist.
    I applied for a bursary for the UKCAT though and they needed some supporting documents. Could it be a possibility that they got the documents from the UKCAT?
    Should I be worried, should i call them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uummiiee)
    I've received an email about My Portal. But I haven't received one about sending supporting documents. I've been on My portal few times and it hasn't been on my checklist.
    I applied for a bursary for the UKCAT though and they needed some supporting documents. Could it be a possibility that they got the documents from the UKCAT?
    Should I be worried, should i call them?
    There's also nothing written on my checklist on my portal but I did get an email to send supporting documents. The email regarding supporting documents didn't mention anything about UKCAT bursaries so I'm not sure. I would recommend calling them, just in case, seeing as the deadline to send supporting documents has passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futureMED1)
    There's also nothing written on my checklist on my portal but I did get an email to send supporting documents. The email regarding supporting documents didn't mention anything about UKCAT bursaries so I'm not sure. I would recommend calling them, just in case, seeing as the deadline to send supporting documents has passed.
    Thank you I emailed them and they said that they've started writing to some applicants for more information and that they haven't finished the process yet and they'll email me directly if they need anything. I hope this means well...Good luck though :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sim.c)
    Wow! Well done for getting a place. Thanks for offering insight, I am so keen to get a place for 2016. How are you finding the course? Academically and placements. Is it great being in a small cohort for the year 0?
    Well, right now its actually quite alright, its basic AS and A2 bio and chem next semester its supposed to get a bit harder,and it is nice being jn a small year group as it feels like college and yiu dont feel bad asking questions and its nice to get to know everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicinehope)
    Well, right now its actually quite alright, its basic AS and A2 bio and chem next semester its supposed to get a bit harder,and it is nice being jn a small year group as it feels like college and yiu dont feel bad asking questions and its nice to get to know everyone
    Glad you are enjoying it. Seems they ease you in gently then by recapping the AS/A2 sciences. How did you find the interview process?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received any mail about my portal or saying they ve received my application

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.