Turn on thread page Beta

Do you plan on having kids? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you plan to have kids?
    Yes
    60.78%
    No
    20.92%
    Not sure
    15.03%
    I cant have kids
    3.27%

ReputationRep:
    Kids are ******* terrifying.

I'm gonna keep my distance for as long as I possibly can.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Not personally.

But if I fall in love with someone who has kids from a previous relationship I'd be fine with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    At least 5.
    lol why are you lying

ReputationRep:
    Like most people under thirty with at least one child; no, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    I want four. I'm also not against adopting two more when the four I have grow up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    To have kids we need to have sex. Some of us virgins on tsr might not have that option :indiff:
    No you don't...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Nope I don't plan on having any, ever. Thankfully I'm with a guy who feels the same was me so that's a big relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I want children, no more than three. I know it is late, but I want my first child when I'm around 34/35.
    The timebomb will be ticking..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    I wonder whether students think forward to having kids or not wanting them.
    I feel like i dont want kids because they will hold me back and stress me out - but i feel thats because im not ready for them.
    What do you think?

Edit: I mean after university when you are settled
    IMO, having a family/children is the pinnacle of life. That's one of the reasons why I try to be very ambitious and study really hard towards my academic studies, because I got to provide for my family when iv settled down in 10-15 years time, Also, whats the point of working ur ass off in college or uni and having a tough job later if your not going to have a legacy to leave behind? Life would just be miserable, because when you're on your death bed, you'll realise you've got nothing to leave behind when you die, and think of your life as wasted and unfulfilled. That's just my opinion anyway, I just dont understand why some people are against the idea of having kids, sure it would be a challenge at first, but well worth it in the long run .

ReputationRep:
    Nope, absolutely not. I cannot think of anything worse than having kids.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh no, I love kids but I wouldn't have children of my own I don't think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I don't want to spout loads of 'generalisations' so I won't fully answer that. A primary reason is having a twin sister and that has kind of put me off daughters, just knowing the havoc that would cause. Puberty with teenage girls emotional wise etc is also more full on than with boys - boys generally don't show their emotions so I won't have to deal with that stuff. Obviously I'd make sure they're okay for sure though...
    Oh yes i totally get you.. teenage girls are totally terrifying! Id hate to imagine a daughter doing the things that my friends and i did. I can see why you'd rather a boy now haha i was not looking past the first 10 years of their life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Also I forgot to add that I think bringing new life into the universe is ultimately immoral as all life inevitably leads to suffering. Plus I'm a bit of a misanthropist and don;t want to bring new humans into the world and human society.

But I will prbbaly get biologically conned into having children at some point.

I'm not crazy I swear :'(
    I feel the exact same way! Plus i dont want to contribute to over population :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    The older I get the more I think kids aren't for me. There's too much against it.

Maybe a girl one day will convince me, but I don't think I could in good conscience have a child when there are so many children already alive who need a family.
    I feel you.. do you think you would consider adopting/fostering?

I have a feeling that many of us saying no may be talked into it when peer pressure grows.. im worried ill make a selfish decision when the time comes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynmous)
    My future lifestyle habits make it impossible to have children.
    I'm intrigued! What are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeTheAussie96)
    IMO, having a family/children is the pinnacle of life. That's one of the reasons why I try to be very ambitious and study really hard towards my academic studies, because I got to provide for my family when iv settled down in 10-15 years time, Also, whats the point of working ur ass off in college or uni and having a tough job later if your not going to have a legacy to leave behind? Life would just be miserable, because when you're on your death bed, you'll realise you've got nothing to leave behind when you die, and think of your life as wasted and unfulfilled. That's just my opinion anyway, I just dont understand why some people are against the idea of having kids, sure it would be a challenge at first, but well worth it in the long run .
    I find your comment very interesting as I feel that our life goals are very different! For me - I am studying because i enjoy it and so that i can have a job and life style that i will enjoy. My main aim is happieness. On my death bed my legacy means nothing to me - everything will one day be destroyed so what difference does it make? I respect your forward thinking though and enjoy the differences in our outlooks ^^

ReputationRep:
    Not more than 1, and in my early thirties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tini2)
    Not more than 1, and in my early thirties
    The child will be lonely and sad. How considerate. Nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, 2 or 3 if I'm able to have kids.

Not yet though, I'm nearly 27 and although that's probably quite a normal age to start having kids I'm so behind in life.... Only graduated last year! There's a million things on my list to do before settling down. So realistically probably won't be until my early/mid 30s.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.