Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    Beating your wife is allowed if she disobeys her husband. Attachment 460765
    that is from religionofpeace; an anti-Islam website.

you might want to read this which includes sahih hadiths and commentary from scholars of Islam and with references you can look up: http://nour-dv.org.uk/tafseer-surah-...-wife-beating/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghaniza)
    Once again...The prophet pbuh memorised the message of Allah, he wasn't able to read or write, he wasn't educated, he was illiterate. He was instructed by the angel to do so. So any knowledge of whatever the greeks did and what connection their knowledge had to the Arabs?? Wouldn't make any difference because that would have taken an educated, richer man to know.

That's your opinion "describing a foetus as a leech is an abysmal comparison, they don't look particularly similar and the function of a leech and an embryo is markedly different." so? You mean it wasn't correctly described in terms of how it looks? what?
    The Qu'ran isn't a science text book

You could argue about this all day with someone else, i don't particularly care to
    Do you have evidence he was illiterate? And how does that refute anything? Illiterate or not, Muhammed was in contact with merchants and educated men who would know about Ancient Greek knowledge.

Correct. A human embryo does not look like a leech nor are they similar in any practical way. And even if they were, how would this be miraculous? Do you think no one else in history had cut open a women and seem an embryo before?

Exactly, so if it isn't a science book muslims should stop banging on about the "scientific miracles".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Do you have evidence he was illiterate? And how does refute anything? Illiterate or not, Muhammed was in contact with merchants and educated men who would know about Ancient Greek knowledge.

Correct. A human embryo does not look like a leech nor are they similar in any practical way. And even if they were, how would this be miraculous? Do you think no one else in history had cut open a women and seem an embryo before?

Exactly, so if it isn't a science book muslims should stop banging on about the "scientific miracles".
    There are hidden scientific miracles in the Quran. It does say how 71.11% of earth is water and 28.88% is land. It also mentions 'man' and 'woman' 23 times, representing the 23 chromosomes needed from each sex to reproduce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Religion)
    There are hidden scientific miracles in the Quran. It does say how 71.11% of earth is water and 28.88% is land. It also mentions 'man' and 'woman' 23 times, representing the 23 chromosomes needed from each sex to reproduce.
    Lol no. Those numerical "miracles" have been debunked and it's just people seeing what they want to see.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have evidence he was illiterate? And how does that refute anything? Illiterate or not, Muhammed was in contact with merchants and educated men who would know about Ancient Greek knowledge.

Do we have evidence ? hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Lol no. Those numerical "miracles" have been debunked and it's just people seeing what they want to see.
    Okay if you read the Quran yourself and found these numerical miracles would you believe in them?

What do you think of this verse: 'He has let free the two bodies of flowing water, meeting together. Between them is a Barrier which they do not transgress'?

ReputationRep:
    I would call your chromosome miracle a coincidence.

A Muslim friend of mine once told me that the speed of light in a vacuum is revealed in the Quran. I can't remember the detail but needless to say it was something like the square root of the number of the prophets wives multiplied by the number of lashes you get for stealing an apple or something equally daft. I laughed. We are still friends though.

ReputationRep:
    Bro, you know at the next salah time sit down and talk to Allah. Wllah it helps so much, im gong through so much and having Allah by my side makes me happy.

ReputationRep:
    Okay if you read the Quran yourself and found these numerical miracles would you believe in them?

What do you think of this verse: 'He has let free the two bodies of flowing water, meeting together. Between them is a Barrier which they do not transgress'?
    Thames Barrier, London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    I would call your chromosome miracle a coincidence.

A Muslim friend of mine once told me that the speed of light in a vacuum is revealed in the Quran. I can't remember the detail but needless to say it was something like the square root of the number of the prophets wives multiplied by the number of lashes you get for stealing an apple or something equally daft. I laughed. We are still friends though.
    I laughed too. So the 23 chromosome miracle is a coincidence. What about the land water ratio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghaniza)
    Do we have evidence ? hahaha
    I thought you said twice already that you are not up for a discussion.

ReputationRep:

A whole thread's been done on them and none stood up to scrutiny.

And the barrier thing's an error. There is less mixing but the waters still mix. You can even prove this at home by mixing tap water and salted water...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Thames Barrier, London.
    It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed.

ReputationRep:
    A big crane fell on the grand mosque in Mecca on 9/11, coincidence? Yes.

ReputationRep:

And the barrier thing's an error. There is less mixing but the waters still mix. You can even prove this at home by mixing tap water and salted water...
    You did not answer the question.

And that is a very stupid comment. You missed the point of the miracle. When you mix tap water and salted water they mix very very quickly. But two oceans do not mix.

ReputationRep:

And the barrier thing's an error. There is less mixing but the waters still mix. You can even prove this at home by mixing tap water and salted water... And even if what were true, how would that be miraculous? Anyone would be able to look at the sea and see a "barrier".

ReputationRep:
    You did not answer the question.

And that is a very stupid comment. You missed the point of the miracle. When you mix tap water and salted water they mix very very quickly. But two oceans do not mix.
    Yes they do. Not very well, but they still mix. There is no impenetrable barrier between oceans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    A big crane fell on the grand mosque in Mecca on 9/11, coincidence? Yes.
    What has this got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:

What has this got to do with anything?
    Here's a link to a video I know you'll enjoy. Btw my point is that if you look for a hidden meaning hard enough you'll find it in everything so start being rational.

This verse could be interpreted many different ways. Translating Arabic to English causes this sentence to lose its original meaning.
    Fair enough, but it would still interpret as similar surely?
    (Original post by kyoti)
    that is from religionofpeace; an anti-Islam website.

you might want to read this which includes sahih hadiths and commentary from scholars of Islam and with references you can look up: http://nour-dv.org.uk/tafseer-surah-...-wife-beating/
    Okay, thanks will read it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.