Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in an afterlife? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)
    or perhaps the universe just doesn't feel obliged to take revenge for us

perhaps it doesn't feel at all
    maybe but the thing is the universe did not create us, the universe by itself cannot do anything......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quentinhamilton)
    I'd like to think so- how depressing would it be if death is the very end of existence?
    The existential crisis - The idea that existence is nothing more than a cradle rocking on a tightrope, with a yawning chasm of eternity both before and after and the slightest wind bringing the whole thing toppling down - No rhyme nor reason, merely the absurdity of being a temporal thing in an eternal universe.

There are a lot of very good arguments for an afterlife - C.S. Lewis made some; G.K. Chesterton did as well. If you're interested in more scientific research, go to Southampton University and do a search for their Near Death Experience study. Intriguingly, there was a subject able to identify an audible that occurred after brain death when there was no brain activity, but this hasn't been able to be duplicated and probably won't be able to for years because of the nature and depth of the study.

However, there is evidence enough to believe if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    Your just asking for a debate bro....religion vs atheism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Your just asking for a debate bro....religion vs atheism
    some religious people don't believe in an afterlife, some atheists do. just saiyan

I'm ... not sure.

I'd like to believe there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I do but I don't like calling it the "afterlife" because if the soul exists then it's still life, just in a different form.
    Was this influenced by theism? So now that you're an atheist do you still believe in the afterlife?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.