Turn on thread page Beta

Don't Be fooled by the muslims and jews, listen to Darwin watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Still unintelligible. You have not proved that God does not exist. The existence of evil does not disprove the existence of God. If you actually knew anything about religion you would understand this.
    You are like a child that is afraid of an imaginary monster under his bed.
    Thing is...there is no monster under the bed....and no god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miltosvistos)
    My advise to you- stop believing in imaginary beings in the sky.
    You are waisting your life believing in something and fearing sinething that doesn't even exist, I hope that someday you will realise it.
    The motto : There is no god, now enjoy life.
    Please stop torturing the English language, it has suffered enough. I am not wasting my life. I happen to enjoy my life the way it is. My religion is part of it. You don't want to believe in God or participate in religion/ Don't. Just leave those of us who practice our religions peacefully, with no harm to anyone else alone. Or is that too much to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    What a mockery of Miltosvistos that this post by aamirac has more reps than his. :laugh::laugh:

That must feel/must have felt like a slap in the face, once you realise/realised it.

Also Miltosvistos, just interjecting my own opinion on the matter (though I'm not going to say all my opinions), we are hardly walking around aimlessly, if we set ourselves a purpose. People like you really annoy me, the way they just diminish what humans are, instead of being truthful about it.
    Quite the contrary.
    Religion diminish us humans to some powerless slaves to a blood thirsty imaginary god.
    I am saying we are intelligent, and we are capable of great technlogical advancement without religion ruining our potential.

ReputationRep:
    Quite the contrary.
    Religion diminish us humans to some powerless slaves to a blood thirsty imaginary god.
    I am saying we are intelligent, and we are capable of great technlogical advancement without religion ruining our potential.
    Whilst I understand that religion may sometimes undermine the value of science, saying that without religion we would be capable of "great technological advancement" is crazy. You cannot build a society or a civilization solely on the premise of technology, culture is needed.

Religion doesn't diminish humanity, humans diminish humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Please stop torturing the English language, it has suffered enough. I am not wasting my life. I happen to enjoy my life the way it is. My religion is part of it. You don't want to believe in God or participate in religion/ Don't. Just leave those of us who practice our religions peacefully, with no harm to anyone else alone. Or is that too much to ask?
    You said you are Christian.
    too bad your little bible - which was written by shepards 2000 years ago , is off by only about 4 billion years old about the age of the world. it's not 6000 years.
    And it wasn't created in 6 days by a jewish god.
    It was created by rock and dust acrretion when the solar system was formed.
    maybe it was typos by the shepards who wrote the bible.
    Also the quran is all fairytales.

ReputationRep:
    Quite the contrary.
    Just in case you thought I was, I'm not religious.

I just find the view that "we are just a bunch of apes""without a purpose""strolling aimlessly about" very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    too bad your little bible - which was written by shepards 2000 years ago , is off by only about 4 billion years old about the age of the world. it's not 6000 years.
    The English language can be a beautiful thing in the hands of a poet. Sadly, you have even less poetic ability than a rock.

The stories of creation in the bible are not meant to be taken literally. A significant number of Christians believe in evolution. Please don't criticize religion when you clearly have no understanding of it.

Most of the stories in the Q'ran appear to be based on fact, although I am not an Islamic scholar.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. If you are so sure about the Bible and Quran being falsified books written by "shepherds" then why can you not let 'ignorant and misguided people' such as myself or katty practice our religion in the peace of mind that you 'know' that when we die, we go nowhere.

I mean, what do you have to prove to us here, that you're above religion to the extent that you feel your own need to preach your beliefs to us all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StolenPrivacy)
    Interesting. If you are so sure about the Bible and Quran being falsified books written by "shepherds" then why can you not let 'ignorant and misguided people' such as myself or katty practice our religion in the peace of mind that you 'know' that when we die, we go nowhere.

I mean, what do you have to prove to us here, that you're above religion to the extent that you feel your own need to preach your beliefs to us all?
    Good question.
    Honestly, I feel sorry for you people.
    Because as I said earlier , we only live once and there is no afterlife , so you are wasting your one go at life , at these fairytales, isn't that a shame???
    I want to help you people realise that there is no god , so stop wasting your precious life on worshiping a non - exsitant god.

ReputationRep:
    The English language can be a beautiful thing in the hands of a poet. Sadly, you have even less poetic ability than a rock.

The stories of creation in the bible are not meant to be taken literally. A significant number of Christians believe in evolution. Please don't criticize religion when you clearly have no understanding of it.

Most of the stories in the Q'ran appear to be based on fact, although I am not an Islamic scholar.
    Haha, that's a good one.
    Interesting how for thousands of years, the church has killed people for not taking the bible at face value , and all of a sudden when contrary proofs surfaced such as Evolution , the age of the world , and the Big Bang , the bible shoudn't be taken literally. What a twist ....

ReputationRep:
    Good question.
    Honestly, I feel sorry for you people.
    Because as I said earlier , we only live once and there is no afterlife , so you are wasting your one go at life , at these fairytales, isn't that a shame???
    I want to help you people realise that there is no god , so stop wasting your precious life on worshiping a non - exsitant god.
    You realise that you are closer to a religious priest here than anyone, right? How, not quite ironic.

If I die and there is nothing there, then that's it isn't it? I will have nothing to worry about and my life will be over.

If I die and there is an afterlife then I shall prepare for a life after death, whatever that may look like.

In the end, if someone has made peace with these facts then where is the issue in them following a God, or an Idol. I am not worshipping Allah/God because I am forced to, or because I have been Muslim since birth, I am religious by choice. I understand I will not change your mind on any of this but take into mind what I am saying here.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's a good one.
    Interesting how for thousands of years, the church has killed people for not taking the bible at face value , and all of a sudden when contrary proofs surfaced such as Evolution , the age of the world , and the Big Bang , the bible shoudn't be taken literally. What a twist ....
    I have often wondered about the ability of human language to paint pictures in one's mind. Your written English would struggle to draw a stick figure.

Which church are you talking about? Catholicism, Anglicanism, the Orthodox church, Jehovah's Witnesses, The society of friends, Baptist churches, Methodism, Presbyterianism, or another Church? All of these have very different interpretations of the Bible.

Interestingly if you read the Bible, you will find one of the commandments is "Do not kill." Murder is a mortal sin in the Catholic faith.

ReputationRep:
    I used to believe in god, it actually costs you nothing to believe in a god, or follow a religion, its only when judgement and common sense suffer as a result that I don't agree with it. Like science, it 'tries' to make up for lack of understanding and knowledge (insert God here) of why anything is the way it is and in a way you could argue that religion is slowly being phased out as we are now beginning to know a lot more about the universe. Believe it or not it was a catholic priest who first proposed the Big Bang theory (Georges Lamaitre.. or something) and science actually thought it a sensible idea. Is god a human invention? probably, as hinted earlier anything humans don't or don't want to understand, or situations they feel powerless and can't act on yet must be of 'god's' doing. Examples are everywhere, diseases that can be detected and cured are no longer 'curses', earthquakes are no longer god's anger etc. If you do believe in a god, I think it is a vengeful and hate ridden one. And faith it not it if you follow blindly.

ReputationRep:
    Religion is nothing but Opium for the masses.

ReputationRep:
    you still believe in an imaginary god.
    and islam has caused the most damage in recent decades.
    What about WW2? I would consider that quite recent and who was behind that- a christian.

ReputationRep:
    Where did the bacteria come from that started it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    So where did that come from? Who created that/them? How did it come to be?
    Why does there need to be a being who created those things? Then we can just ask how did God come to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGorgeous99x)
    Although we're not animals I couldn't agree more!!!!!
    We are animals though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StolenPrivacy)
    You realise that you are closer to a religious priest here than anyone, right? How, not quite ironic.

If I die and there is nothing there, then that's it isn't it? I will have nothing to worry about and my life will be over.

If I die and there is an afterlife then I shall prepare for a life after death, whatever that may look like.

In the end, if someone has made peace with these facts then where is the issue in them following a God, or an Idol. I am not worshipping Allah/God because I am forced to, or because I have been Muslim since birth, I am religious by choice. I understand I will not change your mind on any of this but take into mind what I am saying here.
    This is sounding like Pascal's Wager which is immensely flawed. If we analyse the wager we will see that even a religious person who believes in the afterlife is just as likely to go to hell or be unpleasantly surprised as an atheist. There are thousands of gods in history so if the one you believe in is fake you may still end up going to the hell of the real God for not believing in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingNoosh)
    What the absolute **** mate, are you calling me a ****ing animal, I'll rip your jaw out.

Also, our only true lord and destroyer is the Emperor of the Sea,Cthulhu!

PRAISE CTHULHU! MAY HE CLEANSE THE EARTH OF LIVING BEINGS AND DESTROY ALL!
    Well that escalated quickly...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.