Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone else ever fallen in love with a city theyve visited?... watch

ReputationRep:
    Got to be Paris for me, I do like parts of London by the river but Paris trumps it, so much more character, enjoyable to walk and beautiful. Would like to go to Manhattan but I just imagine it's really rude and brash.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    mine was Paris: http://justmollblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...uary-2015.html

whats yours and why?
    Barcelona- was there in transit before moving back to the UK after living in Andorra. Had a beer in a beautiful university campus surrounded by Orange groves (Jardins de Rubio i Llurch) and decided to miss my flight and stay.

Name:  Jardins de rubio i llurch.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  96.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    So far, it's got to be Washington DC. It was just so fun to go for a walk around the city and see all the sights in one day.

ReputationRep:
    Dublin

ReputationRep:
    Florence..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ojwright2801)
    So far, it's got to be Washington DC. It was just so fun to go for a walk around the city and see all the sights in one day.
    I personally found DC to be really boring and dull. Everything's grey.

ReputationRep:
    Krakow, such a beautiful city. Especially at night 😨😨😨😨

ReputationRep:
    Monte Carlo

ReputationRep:
    I like Krakow and Prague very much. Brasov in Romania is lovely and I'm very fond of Brugge in Belgium. These are all beautiful places.

I was once in love with a complete crap hole called Quetzaltenango which is in Guatemala. I'm now sort of in love with another crap hole called Regina, the capital of Saskatchewan. Both are hideous places. I guess I don't fall in love with architecture and culture so much as I do with the atmosphere of a place, the people meet there, and the memories I create for myself.

ReputationRep:
    Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt, absolutely beautiful place. I felt like I was in a dream while I was there. The atmosphere, the weather, the people - everything was perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwyn)
    Barcelona- was there in transit before moving back to the UK after living in Andorra. Had a beer in a beautiful university campus surrounded by Orange groves (Jardins de Rubio i Llurch) and decided to miss my flight and stay.

Name:  Jardins de rubio i llurch.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  96.5 KB
    How did you like Andorra? I only drove through it once but it seemed bloody awful!

ReputationRep:
    Bradford
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Howard)
    How did you like Andorra? I only drove through it once but it seemed bloody awful!
    I lived in Soldeu which is in the north of Andorra just before you get tot he French speaking town of Pas de la Casa, it is a bloody beautiful little country but geez outside of ski season there is bugger all to do outside of abuse the tax free system!

Saying that, i had a ball there and if you speak English and basic Spanish, it is really easy to get a job in a hotel which pays surprisingly well (£1200 in cash, free accommodation and free meals!)

This was the view when I left my apartment...could be worse"Name:  Soldeu.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  95.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'm not into tall buildings, 24/7 nightclubs, constant gigs with famous bands etc. I much prefer nature and outdoors but with some city life as well. So Auckland is pretty good for me.

ReputationRep:
    Prague. A perfect mixture of architectural bliss and modern day capitalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I like Krakow and Prague very much. Brasov in Romania is lovely and I'm very fond of Brugge in Belgium. These are all beautiful places.

I was once in love with a complete crap hole called Quetzaltenango which is in Guatemala. I'm now sort of in love with another crap hole called Regina, the capital of Saskatchewan. Both are hideous places. I guess I don't fall in love with architecture and culture so much as I do with the atmosphere of a place, the people meet there, and the memories I create for myself.
    Nice to see Brasov get a mention and I liked the view from atop the hill of the city and surrounding countryside. Elsewhere in romania Peles castle is stunning and has a lovely backdrop in the mountains.

Didn't like Prague. I'm sure it was nice before it became a stag do destination. Way too touristy.

Krakow is nice though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.