The Student Room Group

I earn £70,000 a year and no one loves me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Agata
Unpopular opinion: Maybe your first fault is by mentioning how much you make and then saying nobody loves me - people should love you regardless of you much you make a year?

That's a good point I never thought of that. Truth be told I just want compassion
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Well that's because it cannot. It can buy many, many things but those most important to us such as happiness, good health and peace it cannot buy.

Well I have found I can buy anything accept affection
Original post by justag
It makes life easier, but that's not the same as being happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You speak to me brother
Original post by Imperion
Stone cold truth LP :laugh:

If I could I would
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I'm glad you have a sense of humour.

I don't like the hate they are giving you for simply saying your oppinion
Original post by nohomo

U what Nate
Original post by Anonymous
I just feel like money can't buy happiness

Money buys choices not happiness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like the hate they are giving you for simply saying your oppinion

I just posted it as a funny comment. Having a profile picture up automatically makes bitter people want to quote you and say something horrible. It rustles their jimmies no matter what you say.
(edited 8 years ago)
I earn a lot of money (albeit not £70k) and i'm going to die alone.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness is telling the truth. I could easily get on the train to London right now and spend hundreds but it doesn't make any difference, I still feel like **** because i'm so lonely. I don't have many friends and the few I have don't like anywhere near me.

I'd trade every penny I have just to have someone in my life who cares about me and wants to spend time with me.
Original post by sr90

Whoever says money can't buy happiness is telling the truth. I could easily get on the train to London right now and spend hundreds but it doesn't make any difference, I still feel like **** because i'm so lonely. I don't have many friends and the few I have don't like anywhere near me.

I'd trade every penny I have just to have someone in my life who cares about me and wants to spend time with me.

Aw, sweetie... Why are you so certain you'll die alone? That seems a ridiculous thing to be sure of, and you shouldn't just resign yourself to it. How many opportunities to meet people do you make for yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JC.
You don't earn 70k a year at all.
It's about 47 by the time you've paid the government off.

How do you know he isn't making 100k+ and bringing home 70k?
Original post by sr90

When you're on the support team. But no one gives you any support.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Nah plenty of people love me.
I'm an awesome genius.

That's....arguable.
I just feel like money can't buy happiness
Buy more concubines, if you pay them enough they'll love you.
Original post by Musie Suzie
Aw, sweetie... Why are you so certain you'll die alone? That seems a ridiculous thing to be sure of, and you shouldn't just resign yourself to it. How many opportunities to meet people do you make for yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well given how the few friends I have all live hundreds of miles away, 0. What can I do on my own? It's been weeks since I so much as spoke to another person outside of work. My best friend moved away in June and i can't cope without her.

I'm too ugly/shy/emotionally unstable/inexperienced for a girlfriend anyway.

Original post by ChickenMadness
When you're on the support team. But no one gives you any support.

I lol'd
Original post by sr90
Well given how the few friends I have all live hundreds of miles away, 0. What can I do on my own? It's been weeks since I so much as spoke to another person outside of work. My best friend moved away in June and i can't cope without her.

Go to the gym, join a choir, join a club for one of your hobbies/to find a new hobby, join a FB group for your area, try one of the meetup sites (there are some that'll be a bunch of people wanting to arrange a pingpong tournament for example, and inviting people to play).

Original post by sr90

I'm too ugly/shy/emotionally unstable/inexperienced for a girlfriend anyway.

No such thing as too ugly or shy for a girlfriend. The other two are things you should work on to benefit yourself.
Reply 76
[video="youtube;Mi-2Tj5FhMc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-2Tj5FhMc[/video]
was actually thinking of this the other day, i've never had anyone love me and im entering into quite a high paying career. I really dont want to end up with a gold digger :/

Original post by Musie Suzie
Go to the gym, join a choir, join a club for one of your hobbies/to find a new hobby, join a FB group for your area, try one of the meetup sites (there are some that'll be a bunch of people wanting to arrange a pingpong tournament for example, and inviting people to play).

those things are really hard to do when you lack confidence and just dont want to be there, especially so when you dont have anyone to go with as support
Reply 78
Why should anyone love you because of how much you have in the bank. Is that love to you? If so you need therapy before you get used for your money.

What is your character like? What are you passions (other than making more money)? Other than material stuff what do you have to bring to the table?

those things are really hard to do when you lack confidence and just dont want to be there, especially so when you dont have anyone to go with as support

While I appreciate that, it must be better to stick your neck out and maybe even end up enjoying it than wallowing in self-pity at home. No-one young enough to be using a student forum should be sure they're going to die alone (as the poster I was responding to said he was) :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending