Turn on thread page Beta

What would happen if we removed all benefits? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Thedreaming*)
    Lies. Sexual work and crime will increase
    Sexual work is largely legal any way. Crime will increase where the poor are based. The rich will create their own enclaves and call for gun laws.

Simple really, it will be a better existence. As the best (Darwinian winners) won't need to prop up the feckless any more and are free to go about their business without government interference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    How is their government ignoring human rights when the country itself is poverty ripe?
    I didn't say Nepal per se is ignoring human rights; I said begging in the streets like in Nepal....

ReputationRep:
    Lies. Sexual work and crime will increase
    Bill_Gates is a troll. Just ignore him.

(Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Sexual work is largely legal any way. Crime will increase where the poor are based. The rich will create their own enclaves and call for gun laws.

Simple really, it will be a better existence. As the best (Darwinian winners) won't need to prop up the feckless any more and are free to go about their business without government interference.
    You can't be serious

ReputationRep:
    You can't be serious
    Once you start travelling you'll see. It works out great.

Cut all the benefits i say, let the free market open up. I'd like to see real Darwinism. Set for those that need it i.e the disabled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Bill_Gates is a troll. Just ignore him.
    I have 9 green gems mind you. The public have voted me in as their republican leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    I didn't say Nepal per se is ignoring human rights; I said begging in the streets like in Nepal....
    People beg in the UK i can hardly make it across town without being asked 5 times for "spare change". They're just lazy beggars they don't walk up to you but just sit there.

Typical work ethic of the UK no wonder we're falling behind.

ReputationRep:
    People beg in the UK i can hardly make it across town without being asked 5 times for "spare change". They're just lazy beggars they don't walk up to you but just sit there.

Erm, I don't think being a beggar is typical of anyone in the west, friend.

ReputationRep:
    I have 9 green gems mind you. The public have voted me in as their republican leader.
    I got 9 gems as well.

Public will rep anything.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I don't think being a beggar is typical of anyone in the west, friend.
    you clearly don't get out much. Homelessness is through the roof in London. We have soup kitchens on corner streets. It's fast turning into a third world country.

ReputationRep:
    I got 9 gems as well.

Public will rep anything.
    I have 2000 less posts than you. I am clearly the speaker of the public.

ReputationRep:
    you clearly don't get out much. Homelessness is through the roof in London. We have soup kitchens on corner streets. It's fast turning into a third world country.
    But it's not typical. Remain seated.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2000 less posts than you. I am clearly the speaker of the public.
    gems are exponential

Plus I'm unemployed. Got far to much time on my hands.

ReputationRep:
    But it's not typical. Remain seated.
    It's disgusting nevertheless. Who said i was standing?

too much poverty in the UK, some can't see what's in front of them. Highlights the level of slavery.

ReputationRep:
    gems are exponential

Plus I'm unemployed. Got far to much time on my hands.
    Sorry to hear that. Can i help you in any way?

What type of work are you looking for and what's your qualifications/location.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Why is it that people like you are more bothered about 'falling behind' and battling it out with other economies, than actually making sure that everyone in the country is properly cared for and looked after.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. Can i help you in any way?

What type of work are you looking for and what's your qualifications/location.
    *steps in front of Butterfly/Cat hybrid*

I need work immediately. Entry level office or clerical job, at least 10/hr, allow me to work nights. I can do weekends. Also I need a new smartphone, muah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Why is it that people about you are more bothered about 'falling behind' and battling it out with other economies, than actually making sure that everyone in the country is properly cared for and looked after.
    Globalisation means we are more interconnected than ever before. Only those who have fallen behind would not understand this principle. If we can provide the best we will get the best economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbolus)
    The Victorian poor had no welfare system to fall back on, and they managed well enough without rioting or looting. At least towards the end of the century, the situation of the urban poor was no worse than it is now. What's different today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We live in a modern-day society where our socio-economic situation doesn't force us into hard manual/slave labour, the industrial revolution boom burst long ago anyway and a lot of manual labour is obselete hence people would suffer.

ReputationRep:
    *steps in front of Butterfly/Cat hybrid*

I need work immediately. Entry level office or clerical job, at least 10/hr, allow me to work nights. I can do weekends. Also I need a new smartphone, muah.
    want, not need, a new smartphone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.