Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guy called me 'ugly' and 'fat' and verbally abused me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so it started last weekend when me and two of my best friends went clubbing. I have been generally aware that when we go out they get all the attention from the guys (they're thin, exotic looking basically they look like models and they're size 8, I'm a size 12 and much plainer looking in comparison though up until now I wouldn't have said I was 'ugly'. As we are about to leave, my friend who is in a relationship is approached by this guy who literally picks her up and swings her around amongst other things and starts talking to her. He follows us out of the club and while my second friend gets a taxi home (she lives further away than we do) i go back with my friend as she's in a relationship and i know she would regret it so much if that guy did anything with her. We are at her flat with the guy who refuses to leave and keeps touching my friend and tries to kiss her while jokingly saying 'I don't think your friend likes me' in relation to me, laughing at me. So i finally pull the guy off my friend shouting 'LOOK SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND GET OFF HER AND ****ING GET LOST!!' Then the guy starts saying stuff to me like 'I don't need to be told by a fat ugly ***ch what to do? Look at you, your friends are both hotter than you while you look like a fat piece of **it no wonder no guy wants you because you're a frigid uptight heffer!' etc and a lot of worse stuff before finally leaving. My friend took me home and I was in tears. Since that night I have felt so crap about myself like it drilled into me how every time i go out with my friends boys drool over them and I've seen the same guys look at me and shake their heads. I know I'm pale, plainer looking and a size 12 but I never thought of myself as 'fat' and 'unattractive' until now. Now I feel worthless Can anyone help me out? How do i get over this?
    you'd get insults from any guy for what you did. basically you cockblocked! that's not on, considering your "model" friend was up for a bit of action. I don't know why people just don't mind their own business!

calling you ugly is not on. but for being called "fat" as has been said earlier is descriptive and something you can do something about! So get on a cross-trainer or something and shed some fat along with them tears

ReputationRep:
    Ok so it started last weekend when me and two of my best friends went clubbing. I have been generally aware that when we go out they get all the attention from the guys (they're thin, exotic looking basically they look like models and they're size 8, I'm a size 12 and much plainer looking in comparison though up until now I wouldn't have said I was 'ugly'. As we are about to leave, my friend who is in a relationship is approached by this guy who literally picks her up and swings her around amongst other things and starts talking to her. He follows us out of the club and while my second friend gets a taxi home (she lives further away than we do) i go back with my friend as she's in a relationship and i know she would regret it so much if that guy did anything with her. We are at her flat with the guy who refuses to leave and keeps touching my friend and tries to kiss her while jokingly saying 'I don't think your friend likes me' in relation to me, laughing at me. So i finally pull the guy off my friend shouting 'LOOK SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND GET OFF HER AND ****ING GET LOST!!' Then the guy starts saying stuff to me like 'I don't need to be told by a fat ugly ***ch what to do? Look at you, your friends are both hotter than you while you look like a fat piece of **it no wonder no guy wants you because you're a frigid uptight heffer!' etc and a lot of worse stuff before finally leaving. My friend took me home and I was in tears. Since that night I have felt so crap about myself like it drilled into me how every time i go out with my friends boys drool over them and I've seen the same guys look at me and shake their heads. I know I'm pale, plainer looking and a size 12 but I never thought of myself as 'fat' and 'unattractive' until now. Now I feel worthless Can anyone help me out? How do i get over this?
    If I'm honest it sounds like you slightly envy your friends' looks and the attention you get. I know a lot of people will say you shouldn't care what a man thinks etc. but it's not practical advice and doesn't help if what you want to do is actually attract men (nothing wrong with that). Being 'plain' and a size 12 is very easy to change if that's what you think will make you feel more confident.

(Original post by pbw)
    you'd get insults from any guy for what you did. basically you cockblocked! that's not on, considering your "model" friend was up for a bit of action. I don't know why people just don't mind their own business!

calling you ugly is not on. but for being called "fat" as has been said earlier is descriptive and something you can do something about! So get on a cross-trainer or something and shed some fat along with them tears
    Trust me she wasn't 'up for it' she was really uncomfortable. Seriously I can't believe some of the spiteful responses I've received on here from people acting like they know what happened and judging me when you weren't even there. Why are you defending this guy??? And somehow everything is my fault simply because that guy was close to assaulting her if i hadn't stepped in, yeah that's right my friend was shouting at him begging him to get off her and leave whilst he pinned her to her bed when I pulled him off her. And according to some of you it would probably be 'ok' and 'just a bit of banter eh?' if he managed to f***k her even if she is in a relationship and I deserved to get called fat ugly and many other horrible things just for 'cockblocking' him? Unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    Trust me she wasn't 'up for it' she was really uncomfortable. Seriously I can't believe some of the spiteful responses I've received on here from people acting like they know what happened and judging me when you weren't even there. Why are you defending this guy??? And somehow everything is my fault simply because that guy was close to assaulting her if i hadn't stepped in, yeah that's right my friend was shouting at him begging him to get off her and leave whilst he pinned her to her bed when I pulled him off her. And according to some of you it would probably be 'ok' and 'just a bit of banter eh?' if he managed to f***k her even if she is in a relationship and I deserved to get called fat ugly and many other horrible things just for 'cockblocking' him? Unbelievable
    Well there's your fighting spirit! Dust off and get back to being you.

Use this incident as a learning curve. Unwelcome guests do not get to accompany you, your friend, or your friend's dog home and into any one of your bedrooms. The night could have ended way more negatively than abusive words being hurled about.

ReputationRep:
    Nice find g. Teamwork at its finest

I seriously give up with getting advice from this website...

ReputationRep:
    it might have been helpful if you mentioned this in the original post. and how are we meant to know what happened there if you don't tell the full story from the outset you bloody twonk

ReputationRep:

I'm not sure on girls sizes, so size 12 has lost me. All I know is that my trouser size is 34 waist

He was way out of line, but it sounds as though he lashed out because he wasn't going to get his own way.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, people who resort to insults that hinge on appearance have plenty of issues themselves. They are often extremely immature. I think of them as ugly inside.

I'm a plain jane too, and I've had the full range of comments from pretty to ugly. The key is to develop such a robust self-esteem that you're not looking for compliments to boost your confidence, and not bothered by insults. Of course you will be affected by comments to some degree, but if you can minimise their effects and rely on your opinion of yourself far more, that's a great place to be.

But yeah, this guy sounds like a tw*t and his words should not be given any power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Lol at all these knobs trying to offend you by taking the piss out of your name. They need to grow up.
    Exactly man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okey)
    what an arselick and you didn't even get a thank you
    Shut up, he isnt an "arse lick"

thank you Azim xx

ReputationRep:
    Delete your account while you still have the chance. The community in this site is cancerous.

ReputationRep:
    Listen here. First of all, i'd like to say you're a great friend. I have a 'friend' that's in your position and all she does is get jealous. It's not a competition who gets more guys between you and your friends. I wouldn't mind the guy 1. You'll probably never see him again 2. He was saying anything to get you upset because he was upset he wasn't going to get anything with you around your friend.
    Honestly, i doubt you're fat and ugly a size 12 is hardly fat and guys like different things. This is just one guy, you can't live your whole life comparing yourself to your friends. Think about all the guys who've been interested in you. Stay confident, stay real

ReputationRep:
    he was only saying that because he needed a come back and he was drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Hopefully it'll be a catalyst for you to work out and get fit! Fat people disgust me - they only have themselves to blame for being fat, unless they have medical reasons for being fat.

That's not to say what the guy said was hurtful and wrong. He was only pissed off with you because you stopped him getting free sex, and I think you did the right thing in getting him out of her place.

Anyhow, you have a heart, that is good. You are fat, that is bad. Only you can change the latter, but no one can take the former away from you.
    You're a guy, so I'll forgive your ignorance, but a size 12 IS NOT FAT.
    A size 12 is not even average. It's on the slim side of average. This is coming from a tall girl with a 23 inch waist before I am accused of being personally offended (:

Regardless OP, you did the right thing. Initially I wasn't sure, but after you added that he wouldn't get off her after she repeatedly tried to get him off her herself, you were a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterandGold-x)
    You're a guy, so I'll forgive your ignorance, but a size 12 IS NOT FAT.
    A size 12 is not even average. It's on the slim side of average. This is coming from a tall girl with a 23 inch waist before I am accused of being personally offended (:

Regardless OP, you did the right thing. Initially I wasn't sure, but after you added that he wouldn't get off her after she repeatedly tried to get him off her herself, you were a good friend.
    23" :lolwut:

Ok I take back what I said about size 12 being fat!

Don't think about it too much...too much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.