Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are you more scientific or artistic? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are you more scientific or artistic?
    Scientific
    69.03%
    Artistic
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    Scienctific :gah:
    Studying biology and chemistry and maths at A2. Maths is a science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Is there a difference?
    Meh, depends.

ReputationRep:

I can't see why 'both' can't be an option. I still lean more towards the scientific side tho.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    My mind works in science, but I do rap as well; do bit of both - but mainly science.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Difficult question. Although I am interest in sciences, I am an artist at the same time (drawing pictures is one of my hobbies).

ReputationRep:
    Both, but art is a ***** most times and there are too many weird artist (e.g. woman who knits using her mega v-jay)

ReputationRep:
    I have an overactive imagination, and always like to be doing or be around new things. I'm addicted to change and creating things, and can imagine the end result before I've started. Which is why I am more artistic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well see for me, I think that I am a bit of both.

I am currently doing my PhD in Atmospheric Sciences (looking at improving weather forecasting for fog by looking at the microphysical interactions of fog droplets and aerosols which would result in fog formation) after doing a maths degree. That said, I feel that I've become a lot more artisitic with my approach to scientific questions which is quite nice as I tend to have a different perspective when looking at bigger problems :yep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I have an overactive imagination, and always like to be doing or be around new things. I'm addicted to change and creating things, and can imagine the end result before I've started. Which is why I am more artistic.
    Do you have a sense or interest for science anyway? that does not sound so. I would even say that you are a ful blood artist.

ReputationRep:
    The former.

ReputationRep:
    Scientific, I've always enjoyed Science over Art. Art has never really caught my interest as opposed to Science, I've always found it interesting to study hence why I now take Biology at A-Level!

ReputationRep:
    My mind is totally metaphorical! So, I'm not scientific at all. Half of my life I've been spending in dreams. Without doubts, I'm artistic and I like writing My big dream is to write a book, I believe I can do it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Do you have a sense or interest for science anyway? that does not sound so. I would even say that you are a ful blood artist.
    Yes, massively so. Especially biology. Just more naturally an artist.

ReputationRep:
    Both, but I certainly lean more to the humanities and arts.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I suck at actual art and find it hard to care about paintings. And poetry. But I am very musical, appreciate literature and study languages.

I am meh at maths. But biology and physical geography have always been a breeze - I'm also very interested in certain aspects of physics, or computing. Plus I love a good logic puzzle!

On the whole, going by my subject choices, probably more artsy but I think it's important to have strengths and interests in both

ReputationRep:
    I don't like how they're presented as being mutually exclusive, science and art come hand in hand ....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Yes, massively so. Especially biology. Just more naturally an artist.
    For me its hard to believe what you said, especially avout biology, as it is my favorite science. Well, each to theor own.

ReputationRep:
    Scientific with a strong focus on philosophy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    For me its hard to believe what you said, especially avout biology, as it is my favorite science. Well, each to theor own.
    No, no - I mean I love science, especially Biology! I am just a more natural artist.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I'm interested in sciences way more than art. I cannot draw nor play music without giving up or making a mess of it. I cannot read fiction without feeling like I'm waste my time/getting bored. Whereas I'd happily read encyclopedia articles on planets, animals, the human body or geology.

Despite all that, I chose artistic since I love travel, reading people, and exploring open-ended discussions. I also seem to find deeper meanings in things than at value. As said: "Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen." - Benjamin Disraeli

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.