Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrayTrayDinh)
    How much does Leeds focus on section 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    apparently it is 40% section 1 40% section 2 20% section 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fangbandit)
    Don't worry it is still possible to get an interview. Good luck with your application
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about BMAT too much guys, especially now that its done. I kinda flopped, got 4.2, 3.9 and 3A (If I remember correctly) and still made it. As long as you have a good personal statement and good academics, you're in with a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownie97)
    apparently it is 40% section 1 40% section 2 20% section 3.
    Where have you got that information from? As far as i know thay information hasn't been released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazmain)
    Dont worry about BMAT too much guys, especially now that its done. I kinda flopped, got 4.2, 3.9 and 3A (If I remember correctly) and still made it. As long as you have a good personal statement and good academics, you're in with a shot.

Hi are you attending leeds university now for dentistry?

How is the course and university?

i REALLY want to go to attend Leeds uni for dentistry.

What was the lowest and highest BMATscores that people in your year got?

Many thanks,

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do on BMAT?

Who is a current dentistry Leeds student? please give us some advice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madman98)
    Where have you got that information from? As far as i know thay information hasn't been released?
    it was in one of the 2015 BMAT practice questions books. I don't know if it is what they will do this year but i presume that was what they did last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    Hi are you attending leeds university now for dentistry?

How is the course and university?

i REALLY want to go to attend Leeds uni for dentistry.

What was the lowest and highest BMATscores that people in your year got?

Many thanks,
    Hey, yup, not sure about the BMAT scores but the course itself covers a lot of interesting content. It's a big step up from A level but there's a lot of academic support available. It's more didactic so there's more learning through lectures as opposed to problem-based learning. You're also introduced to the clinical side of things quite early on, which is always great. The uni itself is great too, loads of students and societies to join, there's always something to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazmain)
    Hey, yup, not sure about the BMAT scores but the course itself covers a lot of interesting content. It's a big step up from A level but there's a lot of academic support available. It's more didactic so there's more learning through lectures as opposed to problem-based learning. You're also introduced to the clinical side of things quite early on, which is always great. The uni itself is great too, loads of students and societies to join, there's always something to do.
    Thank you!!

Do you have any tips for interview, Alevels, summer work that you could share with me?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    So apparently the Medicine BMAT cut-off for leeds is 4.6 in section 1....Anyone know if this will be the same for Dentistry aswell? think I'm going to ring them tomorrow and find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    So apparently the Medicine BMAT cut-off for leeds is 4.6 in section 1....Anyone know if this will be the same for Dentistry aswell? think I'm going to ring them tomorrow and find out
    I thought they did t have a cut off? You're just like scored on your BMAT, Personal statement etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xambercx)
    I thought they did t have a cut off? You're just like scored on your BMAT, Personal statement etc.
    A few people who are applying for Medicine at Leeds said they got a email which outlined the BMAT cut-off for this year. As medicine interviews at Leeds are given out 2-3 weeks before the Dentistry interviews maybe we'll find out soon because i've got 4.5 in section 1 and if the cutoff is 4.6 :/

ReputationRep:
    i didn't realise that Leeds had a cut-off for dentistry

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else getting impatient now ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dentistry101)
    Me :'( the wait is actually killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dentistry101)
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    yep so my bad guys, Leeds don't have a BMAT cut-off for Dentistry but the 50 highest bmat scores they receive 100% get an interview and so im guessing the 50 lowest get a 100% rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minnie_1504)
    Me :'( the wait is actually killing me
    youre not dead thoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    yep so my bad guys, Leeds don't have a BMAT cut-off for Dentistry but the 50 highest bmat scores they receive 100% get an interview and so im guessing the 50 lowest get a 100% rejection
    let's get things right.

leeds don't have a cut off for bmat
    leeds won't give 100% of the top 50 beat scores interviews. for example, if one of the top 50 bmat scores has not achieved the adequate academic requirement or has a low ranked personal statement, then they will get rejected (regardless of their high beat score)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakib567)
    let's get things right.

leeds don't have a cut off for bmat
    leeds won't give 100% of the top 50 beat scores interviews. for example, if one of the top 50 bmat scores has not achieved the adequate academic requirement or has a low ranked personal statement, then they will get rejected (regardless of their high beat score)
    As far as Im I aware yes and then 200 based on PS

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.