Turn on thread page Beta

17- never kissed, never been in a relationship? watch

Announcements

(Original post by Danz123)
    I had my first kiss at 19 :lol: and still haven't been in an official relationship at 22. So you have nothing to worry about at all.
    Im 25 and have never been kissed either. Unfortunately I am (according to my doctor) showing early signs of schizophrenia, PRS(penile redundancy syndrome), anxiety and depression. I have been assigned another appointment to further assess treatment and discuss options etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    I'm pretty sure that about 80% of my school year has at least kissed one girl
    I don't actually find it that weird but maybe it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I don't actually find it that weird but maybe it is...
    I don't think it's weird. In my opinion it's better to wait until you find the right person, and make it memorable, rather than just kiss to get it over with.

ReputationRep:
    We're in this together lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat! I'm 18, never been kissed (other than primary school kiss chase, but I don't think that counts) and never been in a relationship. I'm really shy and I find it hard to talk to people sometimes and read 'signals' too (so I've been told). I wasn't ever in a popular group in lower school so I didn't get invited to parties/wasn't friends with boys. My 6th form was tiny and there weren't that many boys that were that attractive there either so I never wanted to get with anyone at parties... I'm now on a 'gap year' retaking two A2's at a college (I messed up 😭) but I only have 4 people max in both my classes meaning it's really hard to make friends 'good' friends as we have nothing in common. All my friends bar two who are 16/17 are at uni so I'm very much alone... Though hopefully I'm going to stay with a friend in Coventry for half term so I might push the boat out a bit 😁 Lol I remember being in 14 thinking I'd definitely have a boyfriend by 17 - nope hahaha 😕

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird at all. Half of my friends haven't been kissed yet either. It happens when you least expect it and it's so much better when it happens with a person you have feelings for

Don't sweat it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is weird, but there's a simple reason for it.

Loads of people at OP's age aren't the most confident when it comes to talking to or approaching people they like.

It comes down to one thing: you have to be confident about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    32. Proudly waited for "the one" lady wife and focused on close family, friends, medical career and travel. Thought it was a big deal which would be respected. Now realise, I'm a bit too happy single, and its time to look. Never dated, and don't like the idea as it seems a bit artificial and over selling your strengths than being honest about your weaknesses.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy, but it would have been great to have a support group here in London just to remind us of the philosophy behind our decisions to wait.

(Original post by loveleest)
    Be honest, is this weird?
    It took me to just before my 17th birthday to get my first kiss and first relationship and now I've been with that person for over 2 years. Just got to find the person who is right for you and it will happen.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.