Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do y'all go to church? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    No.

I've been a few times, but only to volunteer etc. I like the architecture and the community feel, though.
    :erm:

*forgets previous rants and laughter induced by my Church attendance*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    :erm:

*forgets previous rants and laughter induced by my Church attendance*
    I went on a few independent occasions to volunteer

That's rather different than going on a regular basis and not just to volunteer to collect money/hand out food etc

ReputationRep:
    I went on a few independent occasions to volunteer

That's rather different than going on a regular basis and not just to volunteer to collect money/hand out food etc
    I'm referring to "architecture" and "community feel"

ReputationRep:
    I'm referring to "architecture" and "community feel"
    Did you go every week with your family to admire the architecture?

Spoiler:
    Show

Don't make me text you-know-who to abuse you

ReputationRep:
    I tend to go between 1-3 times per week, depending on various things. Always at least once per week on a Sunday, but sometimes twice on Sundays and occasionally on a Wednesday as well.

ReputationRep:
    Did you go every week with your family to admire the architecture?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Don't make me text you-know-who to abuse you
    Nah, but when I said "community" you laughed at me :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Ah why Saturday?
    Because Saturday is the Sabbath day lol

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but when I said "community" you laughed at me :cry2:
    I meant community here in the context of older citizens, who, in lieu of such a social gathering, may be isolated and lonely.

Not for 17 year olds...

ReputationRep:
    I meant community here in the context of older citizens, who, in lieu of such a social gathering, may be isolated and lonely.

Not for 17 year olds...
    Did u not read the screenshots I sent you? Our Church community is v strong tyvm

ReputationRep:
    Did u not read the screenshots I sent you?
    Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.
    i c

ReputationRep:
    Every Sunday but I'm not religious

ReputationRep:
    Yep every weekend. Its so relaxing and the people are so nice

ReputationRep:
    I want to but I have no one in my family to come with me and I'm only 14 so I would feel awkward turning up myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

I've been slacking but would love to go on a regular basis myself.
    Hi, yeah I go, nearly manage to make it every Sunday. Its so important to go and get 'fed' with God's word.

I only go to churches where the preaching is strong so you get totally filled and topped up ready for the week. I don't care if its a cathedral or a warehouse, its the people that matter to me .

I love a good band too and worship songs like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3P2yxXs3No

Love it!

Of course the bible tells us to go so that we remain encouraged

Hebrews 10:25 - Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Colossians 3 v 16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Romans 10 v 17 - Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie507)
    I want to but I have no one in my family to come with me and I'm only 14 so I would feel awkward turning up myself

Awww, does the church have a youth club? You could join them and go with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quentinhamilton)
    Every Sunday but I'm not religious
    That's some dedication.

Are you open to God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Awww, does the church have a youth club? You could join them and go with them
    Yeah there's a bible class but most of the people there have probably been going for a while because of their upbringing so they would know tons of verses off by heart etc.

ReputationRep:
    Since I was born I had to go to church every day up until I was 16. Now I'm agnostic (flipping between one and then the other almost daily) and I have considered going again just once to see some of the people I used to know. I've made a lot of long lasting friendships from there and it used to be good. I had the same priest from being a child till 14 and he was a really interesting person who had lived an interesting life, also every week he told a new story from the bible and explained what it meant and I felt like I had learned a lesson from it. From 14 onwards the new priest made me want to cut myself. Also unlike what other people have been saying my church was only 2/3s full when I was a kid but now there's only 3 or 4 spare seats (my friends tells me) and apparently there's lots of young people there now. There's another third priest in as well so it might be good but I find religion really difficult to believe so probably not, although midnight mass sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Also I went to a cathedral today in St Nicholas's Newcastle which had some great architecture.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.