Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your dream house? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I prefer having a few homes rather than just 1.

Generally for homes in UK, I don't like anything that was built out of red clay bricks or has brickwork cladding. I prefer Cotswold sand stone buildings that are honey coloured. It goes without saying I don't like living in places where such building materials isn't the norm. I am quite picky, I don't like road or rail noise therefore any home I buy must be at a cul-de-sac or a dead end. Sadly the home in England isn't on a steep slope which is something I do like as well.

I'm generally very practical when it comes to my home, it must be functional, easy to maintain and must have fantastic views. Exterior I generally like many windows though not necessarily big ones though they must all be triple glazed. I do like really heavy doors and I do like a garage as well that can park 4 cars side by side. Interior, I generally just buy from IKEA only, Not really into furniture for decoration but prefer it for a function.

The homes in Norway, I don't like stone or bricks here, both my main residence and holiday home is made from timber with slate tile roof. Here I like large windows and elevated decks to sit on, admittedly for my house I've yet to actually sit at the deck though its been more than a year since I moved in. I bought the house next to mine to demolish it so it wouldn't obstruct my view. Thankfully this one is on a fairly steep gradient and I absolutely love it that my house is very close to the summit before there is a steep drop on the other end.

One thing my homes must have is a garden and greenery, I like it to look wild and generally believe for every person living in the house there must be at least 50 plants.

ReputationRep:
    A cardboard box.

ReputationRep:
    Windsor Palace. KATE MIDDLETON YOU BETTER WATCH OUT PRINCE WILLIAM IS MINE

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    French Alps, big chalet, ultra modern inside but with log burner etc. Would need a hot tub/pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Location would probably be near Horsforth in Leeds. Close to ring road, airport and train station plus lovely.

3 stories with corner spires
    First two stories will be large yellow bricks
    Third story on flat roof would be inclosed and made entirely of glass
    Large room, dining room, kitchen (open plan), conservatory, utility room and garage would make up first floor
    5 large ensuite bedrooms with walkin wardrobes on second floor
    In the glass space on the third floor would be a jacuzzi and gym.

Several acres of surrounding land would include garden, tennis court, golf bit, fishery (small competitions) and orchard.

Cost would be about half a million.
    Horsforth is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Horsforth is beautiful
    Tis but more important is the location which is ideal (train station, airport, ring road, city center).

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

ReputationRep:
    Tis but more important is the location which is ideal (train station, airport, ring road, city center).
    It's quite an isolated village though isn't it I've only been a couple of times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    It's quite an isolated village though isn't it I've only been a couple of times
    Semi-urban area as a whole so not what i'd call isolated. Just a very nice commuter town.

ReputationRep:
    Semi-urban area as a whole so not what i'd call isolated. Just a very nice commuter town.
    Oh cool it's a nice place to live though

ReputationRep:
    If LBA gets busier as projected the scotland lane area will go down hill quickly.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)

You should live ion the Cheshire plain.It even sounds like the Shire :laugh:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.