Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    So people who have the perfectly reasonable aspiration of us taking back our national sovereignty are never smeared as xenophobes by the social and economic liberals, those who form political consensus in this country?

And why should you be allowed to just insult people who happen to think that giving away our national sovereignty is stupid and treacherous and historically ignorant, not to mention pure opportunism?
    Because you actively compared the EU to Nazi Germany. Thats what makes you imbeciles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAMADAM27)
    Banter, Banter, Banter!!!
    More of it!! Hear, Hear! VV- VV- VVanker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Yet Germany got what they want did they not, and if Junker's plan for an EU wide army goes through, they have their military force. You are naive if you don't think Germany is not running the show. Their back room deals with junker were exposed. Merkel is always the go-to woman when any members wants something.
    You can argue they are running the show although they aren't to the extent you make out but comparisons to Nazi Germany is both ludicrous and insulting to the victims of the nazis.

ReputationRep:
    You rudely insulted me with self satisfied certainty and no argument to speak of. I've noticed this is a Scottish trait.
    You compared the EU to Nazi Germany.

I'm English as well so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Because you actively compared the EU to Nazi Germany. Thats what makes you imbeciles.
    You made that bit up. I said nothing of the sort. He said, if I'm not mistaken, that conceding our sovereignty to them was a betrayal of those who fought the Nazis. Clearly it's not Nazi Germany. What it is is a German dominated, bureaucratic monolith with little regard for individual liberty, in contrast to anglosphere nations. And what it also is a federalist project which seeks and further and further political integration and the gradual dissolution of the degree of independence of all it's members. Which we were deliberately lied to about when we entered.
    Argue with me based on our opinions, but please don't attribute sentiments to me I have not conveyed.

ReputationRep:
    You compared the EU to Nazi Germany.

I'm English as well so...
    Why do you say 'aye' then?

And can you please read the thread, I never did anything of the sort, so stop saying it.

ReputationRep:
    You made that bit up. I said nothing of the sort. He said, if I'm not mistaken, that conceding our sovereignty to them was a betrayal of those who fought the Nazis. Clearly it's not Nazi Germany. What it is is a German dominated, bureaucratic monolith with little regard for individual liberty, in contrast to anglosphere nations. And what it also is a federalist project which seeks and further and further political integration and the gradual dissolution of the degree of independence of all it's members. Which we were deliberately lied to about when we entered.
    Argue with me based on our opinions, but please don't attribute sentiments to me I have not conveyed.
    You said you agreed with a comment which compared the EU to the Nazis.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you say 'aye' then?

And can you please read the thread, I never did anything of the sort, so stop saying it.
    Because I'm from Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    It does some good stuff, some bad stuff. Importantly, though, the fact it does some good things is almost totally incidental to the British public thinking they are good things.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm from Newcastle.
    D'ya bairns drink broon ale canny lad?

ReputationRep:
    You said you agreed with a comment which compared the EU to the Nazis.
    Just ignored all I posted. And no, I didn't, this is boring-I said I agreed that it was a betrayal of the people who fought Nazi Germany that we had ceded all our self-governance(or at least large portions of it)

ReputationRep:
    Just ignored all I posted. And no, I didn't, this is boring-I said I agreed that it was a betrayal of the people who fought Nazi Germany that we had ceded all our self-governance(or at least large portions of it)
    The death of soilders was worth nothing if we continue in the EU was pretty much the comment. Thats saying Nazi Germany is no worse than the EU hence it's obviously a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)

I mean, look, I guess if things go wrong, you've always got other Commonwealth countries to go to. It just seems kind of sad to picture the British having to flee their own country and beg their former colonists for a place to stay.
    This is already happening. More than three hundred thousand left the country last year. It just flew under the radar because a staggering SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND immigrants came to live here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gene...each-year.html

If we don't get a grip on things the best and brightest will emigrate in larger and larger numbers.

And although by no means the brightest and best myself, I'll be joining them!

If we stay in the EU we'll be handcuffed to a corpse. It has no idea how to handle this Muslim migrant crisis. Not a clue. Millions are going to come and live here in Europe and nothing will be done to stop them, although Governments may be toppled in the meantime...

ReputationRep:
    YAAAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    This is already happening. More than three hundred thousand left the country last year. It just flew under the radar because a staggering SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND immigrants came to live here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gene...each-year.html

If we don't get a grip on things the best and brightest will emigrate in larger and larger numbers.

And although by no means the brightest and best myself, I'll be joining them!

If we stay in the EU we'll be handcuffed to a corpse. It has no idea how to handle this Muslim migrant crisis. Not a clue. Millions are going to come and live here in Europe and nothing will be done to stop them, although Governments may be toppled in the meantime...
    Agree with all of this. The referendum is the chance to start a long process of self examination and mending our country, but I have one reservation- the conservatives who want to do so also support an economically 'right' philosophy which will contribute to the case for Scottish independence cause and the UK's break up. This is rather frustrating for me. Incredibly so as I'm on the left on ecomomics but anti-EU. And I long to see the UK unified and back to it's former optimism and patriotism.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.