The Student Room Group

Man got his penis cut off for raping female student in China

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elen90
I'm glad you're not in charge of the legal system...

So am I if I'd have to deal with hand wringing bleeding heart liberals such as yourself all day every day.

Justice must always supersede the rights of the criminal
Original post by ivybridge
It was never once said that I disagreed.

It was implied that you had a problem with my comment when you brought up the fact he raped a woman. I'm glad we're on the same page anyway.
Original post by Danz123
Well can you give me sources for that? You can't just state such a thing and expect me to believe it now can you? Sure, the justice system is flawed, but we need to work to make it better, not abandon it altogether and turn to barbaric practices such as these which are forms of revenge, not justice.

You just need to read the newspapers my dear Danz, every week some vile story comes out, the last one I read which was shocking was the blatant murder of a gay man by a young woman in public. She only got 2.5 years. 2.5 YEARS!! Is that all a human life is worth? No wonder criminals do not fear our justice system anymore. It is a joke and a sham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350793/Ruby-Thomas-stamped-gay-man-death-serve-just-2-5-years.html
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Good it should happen to every rapist.

Right. So if I ever catch you raping someone, I'm gonna chop your big black cock off.
Justice wouldn't be justice at all if it infringed upon basic human rights. I'm sorry, but it seems you don't know what the word 'justice' means if you believe it can be separated from and trump basic human rights.
Original post by bolly_mad
Right. So if I ever catch you raping someone, I'm gonna chop your big black cock off.

Sure.
Reply 66
I was wondering how long it would take before the word 'liberal' got thrown into the fray! Well done for exceeding my expectations. Bonus points for the 'hand wringing bleeding heart' part :h:

There's a huge, easily distinguishable difference between justice and revenge.
Original post by M&F
I bet the judge said:

"Yoeu rape out wouman we cut your ganeteoia".

Why, did the Judge have a stroke or something?
Neither wing of the political spectrum advocates grievous bodily harm as a punishment. Get over yourself.
Reply 69
Original post by Zargabaath
Why, did the Judge have a stroke or something?

Na its just the Chinese accent lool.
It's horrible she got such a light sentence yes, however this is just one example, and not even of rape, but murder. Regardless, what makes you think the justice system will get better if people start relying on baying angry mobs to dish out the justice for them? What if the mob turns on you? I mean we're not dealing with any form of rationality here but emotion and a thirst for revenge. Such groups would abuse their power and start torturing anyone who they thought deserved again. Again, vigilante justice is NOT a good idea, reforming the justice system however, is.
Original post by Danz123
Justice wouldn't be justice at all if it infringed upon basic human rights. I'm sorry, but it seems you don't know what the word 'justice' means if you believe it can be separated from and trump basic human rights.

I think you are the only one here that it struggling to know what justice is. It means being 'fair or reasonable.' I think it would be 'fair and reasonable' for a rapist to be expected to lose the privilege of his raping apparatus so he can't do it again. Why are you so insistent to defend a rapist? Do you believe a woman is inherently worth less than a man? Do you subconsciously believe rape is acceptable?
Original post by z33
good, this should be done to every rapist - man or woman

Except women don't have dicks.
Original post by M&F
Na its just the Chinese accent lool.

I would've though they'd be speaking Mandarin, not English in a dodgy accent :biggrin:
Actually, no lets throw the rapists in jail.

There they will end up wearing a pinny for a 300 lb guy called Joe, and keeping house for him.

Because in prison, with their status as a sex offender? Everyone will be looking to lay them open.....or lay them down.
Original post by elen90
I was wondering how long it would take before the word 'liberal' got thrown into the fray! Well done for exceeding my expectations. Bonus points for the 'hand wringing bleeding heart' part :h:

There's a huge, easily distinguishable difference between justice and revenge.

Well, that's your opinion, but one thing is for sure; whatever this current mockery of a justice system is in the UK, it isn't working. Our prisons are over crowded. Were doing something wrong. 2.5 years for murder! Do you think that's fair or acceptable justice? Disgusting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350793/Ruby-Thomas-stamped-gay-man-death-serve-just-2-5-years.html
Reply 76
I think cutting his penis off is a bit extreme.
Reply 77
Obviously I don't feel sorry for the guy but knowing how common rape is in china I cant help wondering if the outcome would've stayed the same had the rapist not been foreign
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by Zargabaath
I would've though they'd be speaking Mandarin, not English in a dodgy accent :biggrin:

Lol true. are you a men or a woman its not obvious from your name.
This was too extreme lol, thank God some of you in here don't have any involvement in the criminal justice system as I would severely worry about the state of our country if you have any involvement in law..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending