Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

older users of TSR, what did you study at uni? watch

Announcements
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by callum_law)
    World-renowned lecturers at Aberystwyth. Are you sure?
    a) this was 2003

b) this is within International Relations in which it was the worlds first dedicated department for International Relations- anyone how has studied IR would have been sumitted to 'Globalisation of World Politics' by John Baylis and Steve Smith...both lecturers at Aber

c) don't be a RG snob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    anyone do psychology?
    I'm currently in my first year studying Psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kokoloko)
    I'm currently in sixth form, year 12, haven't a clue what to study in uni (taking physics maths chemistry and french now) and I've not found any questions asking what other people studied so i thought id give it a shot

if you could tell me what you studied, what you enjoyed/didnt enjoy, contact/non contact hours, and any other funky jazz id be really interested to hear

cheers
    I am definitely one of the "older" users of TSR. My studies were as follows:
    Undergrad by distance learning: Maths, Physics and Computing (got a first)
    Postgrad by distance learning: Law (didn't go to bar school after for money reasons, but now a freelance paralegal)

Abandoned undergrad Chemistry full-time when I was 18, and postgrad Theology by distance learning when I was 55.

The big mistake I made at 17 was to study at a university hundreds of miles from my girlfriend (whom I married when I dropped out, and had four children with) the subject taught at school by the teacher whose lessons were by far the most entertaining - Chemistry - because I was expected to "go to university".

I am here at my great age, because some of the topics discussed here are of general interest, rather than about student life, and Google alerts tip me off that they are bing discussed.

I blog at http://JohnAllman.UK about some of those topics myself, and tweet etc.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by callum_law)
    World-renowned lecturers at Aberystwyth. Are you sure?
    Are you serious? Clearly you know nothing about IR. Aber's IR dept is the oldest in the country, it has some of the best researchers in the world and is very, very well respected. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwyn)
    a) this was 2003

b) this is within International Relations in which it was the worlds first dedicated department for International Relations- anyone how has studied IR would have been sumitted to 'Globalisation of World Politics' by John Baylis and Steve Smith...both lecturers at Aber
    So 2003. A year after Steve Smith moved to Exeter to become VC; and John Baylis no longer teaches there either. I wasn't necessarily being a **** by asking you; I was rather looking for expansion.

(Original post by Snufkin)
    Are you serious? Clearly you know nothing about IR. Aber's IR dept is the oldest in the country, it has some of the best researchers in the world and is very, very well respected. :facepalm2:
    The best researchers have been poached by other universities and I don't really accept being the first makes something among the best. McDonald's did burgers before Five Guys, but Five Guys' burgers are way better. Though, I admit freely that my knowledge of IR academia is somewhat limited.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.