Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Well the Mongol's had no written history beyond the immediate Royal family either. Don't you find it strange that the Mongolia greatest leader and one of the most recognisable historical figures in world history has such scant information about him?

Most if not all of what we know about the Mongols was recorded by Islamic and Christian scholars.
    Hmm interesting. Good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Of to dig him up nw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The British have already dug him up for you.

ReputationRep:
    Researching the Kingdom of Ghana. My school briefly touched on it in History lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    I find this odd since Africa has the oldest civilisations and there is no history.
    They couldn't write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    They have history, just not written history.
    So a bit like my dog Rover. He can trace his ancestry all the way back to a pack of wolves in southern Siberia you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Well the Mongol's had no written history beyond the immediate Royal family either. Don't you find it strange that the Mongolia greatest leader and one of the most recognisable historical figures in world history has such scant information about him?

Most if not all of what we know about the Mongols was recorded by Islamic and Christian scholars.
    Principally Chinese scholars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Pretty sure he was Egyptian mate. If you mean he was white then lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He wasn't black.

ReputationRep:
    so much veiled racism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    Yes, he was, check the DNA results.
    The results were never published.

http://io9.com/why-king-tuts-dna-is-...ars-1539130793

ReputationRep:
    There really is no need to make a thread about this....

ReputationRep:
    I find this odd since Africa has the oldest civilisations and there is no history.
    There needs to be written record and it needs to survive to this day for a meaningful history to be written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    so much veiled racism
    Absurdities like "Black History Month" is ipso facto racist.

It attempts to define history by skin pigmentation, and racial characteristics. What is more racist than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)

It attempts to define history by skin pigmentation, and racial characteristics. What is more racist than that?
    Black history month is something to remind black people that they're not insignificant in a white dominated world where white people rule and pretty much win at life. Nothing wrong with trying to define history by race because that is what the white establishment has been doing for centuries

i dont like it because BHM should be every day but alas such is the problems with living in the western world

ReputationRep:

Well when you live in a world/society when only a particular race's history (Mainly white history) is taught in schools it allows another race's history to be known. I don;t see how this is racist??

ReputationRep:
    Well when you live in a world/society when only a particular race's history (Mainly white history) is taught in schools it allows another race's history to be known. I don;t see how this is racist??
    What is mainly taught is the nation's history. The reason ancient Egypt is taught is because the British took great interest in this particular civilisation and looted the **** out of it.

I'm sure in China they focus on Chinese history. And the same goes for every other country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My argument is that it is racist to see history in terms of skin pigmentation.

But if we do, then practically all British history is white.

For the period between the Roman Conquest and the Second World War (97.5% of the last two thousand years) this country was pretty much entirely populated by white people, and history is a record of their sayings and doings.

But I don't see how pointing that out, seeing everything in racial terms, helps anyone white or black.

Doesn't it just promote division between races?

Look at the comments on this thread.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My argument is that it is racist to see history in terms of skin pigmentation.

But if we do, then practically all British history is white.

For the period between the Roman Conquest and the Second World War (97.5% of the last two thousand years) this country was pretty much entirely populated by white people, and history is a record of their sayings and doings.

But I don't see how pointing that out, seeing everything in racial terms, helps anyone white or black.

Doesn't it just promote division between races?

Look at the comments on this thread.
    Exactly what I think. The fact that it points history out racially promotes discrimination and will not stop racism. Racism will never go away, nothing ever goes away, humans aren't like that.

The fact that people think they can confine black history to just one month is ridiculous to me. I agree with Morgan Freeman. All history is important. The race doesn't matter.
    There's so much history in just west africa alone. For example the benin and ghanaian kingdoms or queen amina of zaria amongst a host of others. And yes a lot of things were written. There are so many museums here that house artifacts from thousands of years ago. You lot wouldn't know as you're in the UK and you learn mostly your own history.

Lol at the troll that thinks any history could be summed up in less than an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    The fact that people think they can confine black history to just one month is ridiculous to me. I agree with Morgan Freeman. All history is important. The race doesn't matter.
    There's so much history in just west africa alone. For example the benin and ghanaian kingdoms or queen amina of zaria amongst a host of others. And yes a lot of things were written. There are so many museums here that house artifacts from thousands of years ago. You lot wouldn't know as you're in the UK and you learn mostly your own history.

Lol at the troll that thinks any history could be summed up in less than an hour.
    We learn our own history and the history of everyone we looted. Like Egypt, we looted them to ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think black history month is unfair to other ethnicities

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.