Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you really need alcohol to have a 'good time' ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't drink very much for medical reasons. I also choose not to drink too much because of a past experience. I'm absolutely fine and happy to go out sober/after just one drink and have a good time. Drunk people are hilarious, I have very few inhibitions as it is (so I can dance ridiculously and blend in with everyone else!) and it also means I'm able to make sure people get home safely at the end of the night (something of an issue recently where I am).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Well... I don't wish to argue, but I think if you actually did some research you would find all those things are myths.
    No they aren't. Alcohol slows down synaptic responses in the brain. This makes people clumsy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    No they aren't. Alcohol slows down synaptic responses in the brain. This makes people clumsy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if I drink a pint of beer now, will I start bumping into things?

ReputationRep:
    Be nice, now.
    Once you go down that hole there is no escape :no:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the circumstances... Normally yeah alchohol/various other things makes the night more enjoyable for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    You strike me as someone who doesn't like a lot of people.:curious:
    Most people aren't likeable, so...

Anyways, no you don't need alcohol to have a good time. Those who do are boring individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Most people aren't likeable, so...

Anyways, no you don't need alcohol to have a good time. Those who do are boring individuals.
    I want to get high with you

ReputationRep:
    Nope I have a good time when I play Badminton

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    I want to get high with you
    I would only ever do weed. idk how I've never done weed, I was offered plenty of times in high school but wasn't interested but lately I have been wanting to try it but I have too many other things I need to spend money on, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I would only ever do weed. idk how I've never done weed, I was offered plenty of times in high school but wasn't interested but lately I have been wanting to try it but I have too many other things I need to spend money on, so...
    So what you're saying is that if he pays for the weed, you're game?

ReputationRep:
    Only people who think they are cool do that. ¬___¬ I once wanted to try alcohol, but I grew out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    So what you're saying is that if he pays for the weed, you're game?
    Hell yes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    No, of course you don't, what you need, is horse tranquilizer

ReputationRep:
    Of course you don't need it. That's an absurd statement, and one that I've never actually heard anyone seriously claim.
    Well some people need it to continue living .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Alcohol is fun. Drugs are fun. I have been out sober many times and I do not enjoy it. The only time I'm sober is when I'm at the gym (providing I'm not buzzing off my tits off some mental pre-workout)
    Preach!

ReputationRep:
    alcohol and/or drugs will pretty much guarantee a night out (or "in", in the case of weed in my and some people's case) is fun, but I've definitely caught myself out with my friends having the time of my life (e.g. a gig) thinking "I've had nothing to drink at all yet I feel great"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You don't NEED alcohol or dugs, but they help.

ReputationRep:
    Well... I don't wish to argue, but I think if you actually did some research you would find all those things are myths.
    Oh? i'll tell that to my relative with a damaged cerebellum due to alcohol, maybe he'll snap out of it and stop being so wobbly.

And its not psychoactive you say? Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @*=-+1!<>6)
    Oh? i'll tell that to my relative with a damaged cerebellum due to alcohol, maybe he'll snap out of it and stop being so wobbly.

And its not psychoactive you say? Interesting.
    He has a damaged cerebellum after only moderate drinking? That is alarming news.

ReputationRep:
    For having a good time I need a friend, funny movie and a pack of pop corn Or a family vacation.
    Alcohol is for adults. I mean it is normal to drink a glass of wine and control yourself. If words "good time" mean being drunk on cheap beer for you, go do your homework :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.