Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What Makeup do you find attractive/unattractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this is the look I love...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1445362463.258060.jpg (88.1 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedishRedhead)
    A lot of guys even don't realise how women look without makeup given that most girls do wear it. I think most would prefer natural makeup over none
    That's because women self-impose the idea that they are pressured/expected to wear makeup.

Are you suggesting that women look worse without makeup?

ReputationRep:
    girls are kind of expected to wear it :lol:
    I've never really understood that tbh. The majority guys certainly don't expect girls to wear it and I can find no logical reason as to why girls would expect other girls to wear it. Don't get how it works at all, maybe I'm missing something obvious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    That's because women self-impose the idea that they are pressured/expected to wear makeup.

Are you suggesting that women look worse without makeup?
    No, but guys are more likely to think that because most women do wear it. So women are kind of "competing" against women who do wear it all the time. Retired_Messiah

Guys (at least in Sweden) are often shocked if they see pictures of celebrities without makeup, and these are women who can afford the best skincare etc.

ReputationRep:
    elliemayxo I think you look like Carolyn Jones.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2c1032b79a.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)

I've been told this several times before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You look like Nigel Farage :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    I've been told this several times before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is uncanny, but now you have been told it once more.

You look like Nigel Farage :teehee:
    I was aiming for a Brad Pitt look but Nigel Farage will have to do.

ReputationRep:
    It is uncanny, but now you have been told it once more; it will not be the last time.

I was aiming for a Brad Pitt look but Nigel Farage will have to suffice.
    Farage is sexier. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Guys (at least in Sweden) are often shocked if they see pictures of celebrities without makeup, and these are women who can afford the best skincare etc.
    That's probably got more to do with the facts that these celebs have been wearing make-up allatime and look different with it off. If they never wore it in the first place you wouldn't have the shock.

ReputationRep:
    No, but guys are more likely to think that because most women do wear it. So women are kind of "competing" against women who do wear it all the time. Retired_Messiah

Swedish women from my experience are generally very beautiful, and pretty fun too. But these are celebrities. Anybody with half a brain know that celebrities are not representative of normal human beings.

I really apologize to bring them up, but the Kardashians for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Swedish women from my experience are generally very beautiful, and pretty fun too. But these are celebrities. Anybody with half a brain know that celebrities are not representative of normal human beings.

I really apologize to bring them up, but the Kardashians for example.
    We are a weird country too

Well even if you showed a guy a normal girl without makeup and with natural done makeup surely most would choose the latter?

The Kardashians are really extreme haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    That's probably got more to do with the facts that these celebs have been wearing make-up allatime and look different with it off. If they never wore it in the first place you wouldn't have the shock.
    Celebs do wear a lot

But what about my other point, that if women are not wearing it then it is harder for them to "compete" with women who do

ReputationRep:
    Celebs do wear a lot

But what about my other point, that if women are not wearing it then it is harder for them to "compete" with women who do
    Attractiveness is subjective, you don't need to "compete".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Anything excessive makeup worn in moderation is far more attractive.
    Sarcasm, please?

And contouring??

ReputationRep:
    I love neat eyebrows, eyeliner, big eyelashes and a dark sophisticated lip.
    Not a fan of highlighting or contouring but it's still cool.

ReputationRep:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3c6032cd7d.jpg

Her lips look amazing! I

ReputationRep:
    Generally just leave the girls to do their thing

But smokey eye and dark lipstick is very nice

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from quite bad under eye circles even though I'm only 15. I think it's genetics. People have said to me what's wrong with your eyes and why are they all veiny? All though it was quite hurtful at the time, I just told them - Nothing, I just genetically have darker under-eye circles.

So I wear make-up to cover them up.

Green counteracts red, since they are opposites on the colour wheel. So I put on green concealer, then a concealer which is a shade lighter then my actual skin tone (brightness) and then a bit of eyeliner/mascara.

And that's the make-up I wear. I wear this when I'm at school and if I'm going out. I don't wear make-up in the house or if I'm just popping to shops for a little while.

People will say make-up is pointless and girls/boys look better without it, but the IMO, make-up has two purposes - 1. to enhance your looks and 2. It's an art.

Any makeup or no makeups nice. But tbh a winged eyeliner sharp enough to stab a hoe looks nice on everyone so

Only thing I don't like is when you get that odd girl being like "I don't wear makeup ew" ok here is ur medal u can leave now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.