Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon.rose)
    Hi Omran,
    I'm currently a third year biomedical science student and I also help out at interview day. Your dress isn't too important as the 'interview' is more of an informal chat with an academic to ensure you're suitable for the course. If you have any further questions about the course or interview I'm happy to help
    ^Shannon
    Ooh thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for BSc Accounting and Finance (Including Placement Year) need BBB. Probably make it my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application for BA Economics and Politics, hopefully to be getting the offer real quick!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm applying for BSc Psychology with predicted BCD, I've put it as my first option because i really want to go here, but i was wondering how lenient they are with entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicasaunders)
    Hi I'm applying for BSc Psychology with predicted BCD, I've put it as my first option because i really want to go here, but i was wondering how lenient they are with entry requirements?
    You're predicted's quite weak but they'll consider your personal statement, reference, the number of applicants for the course and the retakes which I presume you will do? Essex generally offer places for BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kawserinho)
    got an offer for BSc Accounting and Finance (Including Placement Year) need BBB. Probably make it my insurance.
    Whats yours predicted grades mate?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=syahmishaarani;61086663]Whats yours predicted grades mate?[/QUOTE

AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveSandu)
    Heyy, i'm also applying to Leicester lol. I sent my application today because my referee was busy I'm also planning to make Leicester my firm and Essex my insurance if I get rejected by Soton, looks like we may see each othrr im the future! Dont worry you'll get an offer. Where else are you applying?
    hey!! we just might I applied to Royal Holloway, Reading & Oxford Brookes as well! I've gotten offers from Royal Holloway and Oxford Brookes already and I'm still waiting for Essex I got rejected by Reading but that's okay, I was pushing my luck with that one.

what about you? where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naadhiyah)
    hey!! we just might I applied to Royal Holloway, Reading & Oxford Brookes as well! I've gotten offers from Royal Holloway and Oxford Brookes already and I'm still waiting for Essex I got rejected by Reading but that's okay, I was pushing my luck with that one.

what about you? where else have you applied to?
    Congrats on your offers! Sorry to hear about Reading... I've also applied to Reading as well as Southampton and City uni. I probably won't get into Reading tbh so lets hope for the best with Leicester!
    When did you send your application?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offers! Sorry to hear about Reading... I've also applied to Reading as well as Southampton and City uni. I probably won't get into Reading tbh so lets hope for the best with Leicester!
    When did you send your application?
    all the best m8

I sent mine on the 9th of November and got an offer from Leicester a few days after

ReputationRep:
    all the best m8

I sent mine on the 9th of November and got an offer from Leicester a few days after
    Ahh I see, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a third year student and I have loved my experience at Essex so far! It is a great campus with everything you need in one place. There are always events and activities going on so you can never be bored! The University offers many societies and clubs for you to join, even if you are not particularly into anything specific it really is a great way to make friends! ^Sam

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I've just applied 2 weeks ago for a psychology course at the university of Essex and it is currently my only choice. I'm scared because I haven't got an offer yet I'm predicted ABB and got AABC at as, hopefully I can get an offer, does anyone know how long they take to respond?😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollymod)
    Your offer will still stand- I'm sure they just want to get to know you. You will likely have a tour of campus and meet the department and it'll be more like a personalised open day - I'm in my third year at Essex but I'm actually studying abroad right now but I was in the same boat for Biochemistry where I had an offer but had to have an interview as well
    I have an interview too, and this might seem childish but I was just wondering, do you bring your parents along too orrr? I haven't had any others before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon.rose)
    Hi Omran,
    I'm currently a third year biomedical science student and I also help out at interview day. Your dress isn't too important as the 'interview' is more of an informal chat with an academic to ensure you're suitable for the course. If you have any further questions about the course or interview I'm happy to help
    ^Shannon
    Is it like a test in order to offer a place? Or just time to get more info

ReputationRep:
    It is already 3 days since the day I applied for Essex Econs&Politics, I am yet to receive any acknowledgement email from them, is this okay?

ReputationRep:
    all the best m8

I got a letter 2 weeks ago saying I've been invited to an interview :/ have you got an offer from Essex yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syahmishaarani)
    It is already 3 days since the day I applied for Essex Econs&Politics, I am yet to receive any acknowledgement email from them, is this okay?
    Hi, I'm a current student at the University of Essex! It's probably due to the fact that we're now coming up to the Christmas break so communication may be slightly slower than normal at the moment! If you don't receive anything after the first few weeks in January then I would check to see if everything's okay!

Also, have you checked your UCAS yet? There may be some kind of confirmation on there!

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter 2 weeks ago saying I've been invited to an interview :/ have you got an offer from Essex yet?
    Hey there!

oooh which university are you referring to exactly? I haven't had any university scheduling me for interviews aaaand no I haven't. It makes me wonder if they've forgotten about me hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amib19)
    Has anyone applied for Oral health science? If so have you had a response /interview?
    Hey! Just wondering, have you heard anything back from them yet? I applied last week and got the confirmation/acknowledgement email today! I'm excited, have you applied anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.