Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charliejb)
    Computer science, I got ABBB as AS but my A2 Predicted is AAB, Did you get an email from surrey saying they have recieved your application beforehand, if so when did you get this? I guess it doesnt really mean anything as I imagine different departments will reply at different speeds.

Yeah, they sent an acknowledgement email quite quickly (within a week of UCAS receiving my application).

I've only heard of Physicists getting offers from there so far, so probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie97)
    Are these offers only for Medicine or are Universities already handing out offers to every one?
    If so does that mean that if you apply in December, you could miss your place if the university already has the total amount of applications needed?
    My offer is for biological sciences . No, all UCAS applications submitted before the 15th of January deadline are given equal consideration, so don't worry Universities have a threshold for the number of offers they can give out, and they are more likely to give out earlier offers for less competitive courses.

ReputationRep:
    My course is probably not the most popular one, but I got an offer from Newcastle for linguistics a week after I sent my app. off.

Now I am waiting for UCL to hopefully send me their questionnaire

ReputationRep:
    I applied for French and German on the 5th of Oct and within a week I got offers from Bath and Kings - they seem to be quick!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwendzx)
    A girl at my school got an offer for Bristol Politics. I've heard back from Warwick, Cardiff and City
    How long after you applied did you hear from Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    I sent of my UCAS on 9 october and today I received an offer from Cardiff and Reading - waiting for Oxford, Exeter and Birmingham now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    I got an offer from Surrey yesterday (Physics).
    Congrats.

When did you apply ?
    Was there any interview?
    What conditions you got on the offer?

I applied on 5th oct to Surrey , still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    I got an offer from Surrey yesterday (Physics).
    when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    Congrats.

When did you apply ?
    Was there any interview?
    What conditions you got on the offer?

I applied on 5th oct to Surrey , still waiting.
    I sent my application to my school on the 30th of September. I think it took about 4 days to get to UCAS.

There is no interview.

AAA, including Physics and Maths. If I don't get AAA, but meet the requirements for the BSc course, I can do that instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by or17)
    I sent of my UCAS on 9 october and today I received an offer from Cardiff and Reading - waiting for Oxford, Exeter and Birmingham now...
    Oxford might take a while.

ReputationRep:
    For Warwick History, UCAS had sent my application at 9am last tuesday and by half 12 I'd got an offer

ReputationRep:
    I've got Bristol, Manchester and Leeds ATM (also applied to Sheffield and Oxford), and I know people who have had King's, York, Warwick and Loughborough too. A lot seem to be getting back quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Warwick is blitzing through offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn right, my friend received an offer to international business in 3 days.
    Them giving offers so fast does it mean less for the one who send later (i.e me lol)?
    Was thinking about Warwick for CS

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science seems incredibly popular this year, although I guess with more schools beginning to offer it at GCSE and A-Level, it's inevitable. Hopefully I'll still get the offers I'm after!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Computer Science seems incredibly popular this year, although I guess with more schools beginning to offer it at GCSE and A-Level, it's inevitable. Hopefully I'll still get the offers I'm after!
    That's worrying me too. Especially knowing lots of the cs students will quit or switch courses but you still can't compete with them because of the grades..
    Although I know 6+ programming languages and frameworks fluently...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Manchester tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifescomplexity)
    I've got Bristol, Manchester and Leeds ATM (also applied to Sheffield and Oxford), and I know people who have had King's, York, Warwick and Loughborough too. A lot seem to be getting back quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied to 4 of the same unis as you! (Not Bristol as I live here aha! Exeter is my other one.)
    When did you get an offer from Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted my application for Nursing today to Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield and Leeds for next September. I already have the grades so when can I expect to hear? Anyone had any responses from those yet? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Got an offer from Manchester tonight
    "tonight"?! :eek: what do you mean by tonight? Like after 6pm?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.