Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right so today we are learning about elephants
    - year 9 chemistry teacher
    (We were learning about elements)

ReputationRep:
    "pay attention, you'll need to know this stuff in later life" i have never come across an ox bow lake in life

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered my Drama teacher in year 5 put me in a cupboard for reading the stage instructions in a play (I was basically the year 5 joker). Good old days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    "pay attention, you'll need to know this stuff in later life" i have never come across an ox bow lake in life
    Year 9 Geography was so useless. Lakes, some third world country and rain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStrawman123)
    Year 9 Geography was so useless. Lakes, some third world country and rain.
    try gcse geography. i barely remember anything

ReputationRep:
    try gcse geography. i barely remember anything
    Thankfully I didn't. I had a horrible geography teacher anyway. She was about 26 had less charisma then Jeremy Corbyn and pretended to be a bit younger than she really was. Great combination. Definitely not sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully I didn't. I had a horrible geography teacher anyway. She was about 26 had less charisma then Jeremy Corbyn and pretended to be a bit younger than she really was. Great combination. Definitely not sarcastic.
    it is a subject to avoid

ReputationRep:
    it is a subject to avoid
    Fully agreed. I don't see why it has to be mandatory for so many schools. It is politics and economics that should be, but those aren't even an option. Logic.

ReputationRep:
    Fully agreed. I don't see why it has to be mandatory for so many schools. It is politics and economics that should be, but those aren't even an option. Logic.
    i choose history and geography for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    i choose history and geography for some reason.
    History isn't that bad. It's just way too general and lacking when it comes to actual application. But I got an A* so oh well.

ReputationRep:
    History isn't that bad. It's just way too general and lacking when it comes to actual application. But I got an A* so oh well.
    the main thing i didn't like about history was actually my university's attitude to it. they told us on the open day "we don't focus on the world wars because obviously you have done that so we focus on the stuff you haven't done like the french and russian revolutions, the english reformation, industrialization etc" given i had studied everything they taught and had the word wars excluded from the syllabus for a generalization i was a bit hacked off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    She ignored him and just walked away. He continued saying things like that to her all year.
    Really? I deffo wouldn't be able to cope. Why didn't she call him out on his strange behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    Really? I deffo wouldn't be able to cope. Why didn't she call him out on his strange behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The teacher was a strange guy - we were used to it.
    Also we're talking about a 13 year old, shy, "goody-goody" - Even if it happened now, she would probably do the same.

ReputationRep:
    my male chem teacher once went "Guess what I'm shaking under my desk", and starts doing a very sexual looking hand gesture... obviously as sixth form students we were all pissing ourselves.. it turned out to be a lint bunny he was shaking, and he did realise afterwards why we were all laughing

ReputationRep:
    My Stats teacher went up to a friend of mine while he was waiting for his Core teacher and started to talk to him about smashing chairs. He loves maths tricks. And he sets more homework than all my other teachers put together. That's him in a few sentences.
    What like, "there are 10 chairs in this room, if I smash two together, how many hours will it take for you to repair them?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSD07)
    my male chem teacher once went "Guess what I'm shaking under my desk", and starts doing a very sexual looking hand gesture... obviously as sixth form students we were all pissing ourselves.. it turned out to be a lint bunny he was shaking, and he did realise afterwards why we were all laughing
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    my biology teacher always eats whole cucumbers in lessons... not the nicest thing to watch.....
    Very odd! :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    What like, "there are 10 chairs in this room, if I smash two together, how many hours will it take for you to repair them?"
    No, more like, are you going to smash some chairs in this lesson?

ReputationRep:
    No, more like, are you going to smash some chairs in this lesson?
    "Blimey O Riley" as they say.

ReputationRep:
    In assembly: "They are not called free periods. They are non contact periods."
    Out of assembly: calls them "free periods"
    :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.