Turn on thread page Beta

Why do Pakistanis get lumped in with Indians (or even "South Asians")? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Yeah I was

I assure you I am not Hindu even if I've always found I get along with Hindu guys.
    "hindu boys are great in bed"

you must really get along with them behind closed doors

ReputationRep:
    i would like to repeat

pakistan is not india
    pakistan is not arab

pakistan is pakistan

im done here inabit people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halal kebab5)
    i would like to repeat

pakistan is not india
    pakistan is not arab

pakistan is pakistan

Well if you stop with the Nationalism for a second, maybe we might be able to understand your point clearer!

ReputationRep:
    Because the vast majority of Pakistanis are basically North Indians that made their own country. And besides, Pakistan and India are diverse countries anyway with different types of people.

And finally, we are NOT middle eastern, be proud of who you are. Seriously stop making it look like Arabs are some special group of people you'd like to be, they aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Indeed. Am never sure if Pakistan actually wants Kashmir to join their paradise state, them given how horrible so many are are about Mirpuris.
    The obsession with superiority is actually really low

Claiming they are Persian/Arab/White to proclaim superiority over Indians and Bengalis.

Claiming that Mirpiris are scum and that Pathan Punjabis are some sort of master race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinetsr)
    We have different face shapes. We have vastly different cultures.

It's like lumping Turkey or Syria in with Europe. How many on here would say Turkey or Syria are European countries and that Turkish people are European?

The differences between India and Pakistan are greater than the differences between Europe and Turkey.

How would you feel if someone asked a Turkish or Syrian person to represent the "European" ethnicity or race?

A Pakistani isn't the same ethnicity as other South Asians. Even Pakistanis themselves prefer to relate more to Middle Easterners. Pakistanis shouldn't be used to "box-tick" for other South Asians or Indians.

They might be part of an "Asian" ethnicity, but certainly not an "Indian" ethnicity.
    I don't get it. India is far better than Pakistan by a long shot.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    OP is dead wrong. The majority of Pakistanis and Indians are ethnically the same. Urdu and Hindi are basically the same language. The two peoples have a very long shared history and they share many cultural aspects too.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to Balochistan?
    Yes.

They speak farsi fluently
    Because Baloch is a Persian language (i.e Farsi).

They know Iranian dialect of Persian well because so many of them are involved in heroin traffic between Pakistani Balochistan and Iranian Balochistan.

and also please tell me where you got that information from because its a load of bull****
    Erm, school. It's not bull****, it's just you don't know your history, at all

stop begging it of pakistanis
    How am I begging it off Pakistanis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Well if you stop with the Nationalism for a second, maybe we might be able to understand your point clearer!
    Pakistan is the heart.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan is the heart.
    K dude.

ReputationRep:
    i would like to repeat

pakistan is not india
    pakistan is not arab

pakistan is pakistan

Tell it to your bro who started the thread

Anyway, you don't know much about Pakistan, that much is obvious. So if you stick around you might learn something

ReputationRep:
    "hindu boys are great in bed"

you must really get along with them behind closed doors
    Of course I do, top business people, very intelligent, hardworking, nothing but respect for them

ReputationRep:
    Of course I do, top business people, very intelligent, hardworking, nothing but respect for them
    anddddddd I sense a tinge of homophobia coming from him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    anddddddd I sense the a tinge of homophobia coming from him
    That's another thing

Liberal cultures are always best

ReputationRep:
    The obsession with superiority is actually really low

Claiming they are Persian/Arab/White to proclaim superiority over Indians and Bengalis.

Claiming that Mirpiris are scum and that Pathan Punjabis are some sort of master race
    Indeed. Sad thing is, when they did have control over East Bengal (now Bangladesh, unfortunately was for a short while East Pakistan), they decided to commit genocide on the "weak" Bengalis, which India had to intervene to rescue.

Goodness knows what they would do if they had control of Kashmir. Maybe it's a good thing it's in India given Pakistan's treatment of "the inferior races"

Also, another sad thing is that most Iranians (in Iran) think Pakistanis are scum (but then again Iranians think a hell of a lot of their neighbours are scum, including Arabs). Not sure why this obsession with begging it off Iranians, given the feeling isn't mutual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I really don't understand why some Pakistanis and Indians refer to themselves as Middle Eastern / Arab...because you're not.
    We don't, don't flatter yourself

ReputationRep:
    Most Pakistani Muslims have got to be one of the few groups of people worldwide who simply hate their ancestry and probably aren't even willing to acknowledge it.

About 80-90% of their ancestors (at least those from Sindh/Punjab) were Hindus of Hindustan (north India) and yet just to distance themselves from their cousins (the Hindus of Hindustan), they would rather think of themselves as Arabs/Persians - the very Arab/Turk/Persian invaders who looted, killed, tortured and raped the inhabitants of Hindustan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Indeed. Sad thing is, when they did have control over East Bengal (now Bangladesh, unfortunately was for a short while East Pakistan), they decided to commit genocide on the "weak" Bengalis, which India had to intervene to rescue.

Goodness knows what they would do if they had control of Kashmir. Maybe it's a good thing it's in India given Pakistan's treatment of "the inferior races"

Also, another sad thing is that most Iranians (in Iran) think Pakistanis are scum (but then again Iranians think a hell of a lot of their neighbours are scum, including Arabs). Not sure why this obsession with begging it off Iranians, given the feeling isn't mutual
    and then you get the Arabs who claim that Iranian scientists were actually Arab and add the al prefix to their names

but this is for another thread

What happened in Bangladesh was disgraceful, India did the right thing
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    We don't, don't flatter yourself
    I'm not arab / middle eastern so no flattery is necessary, I'm just stating an observation I've made lol.

For example, I know a Pakistani guy who kept on calling himself Kenyan because his mother was born there? I specified wanting to know his origin but he wouldn't stop calling himself Kenyan. I made it quite clear that I wanted to know where his roots were, not his nationality (plus, he's not Kenyan he's British.)

But hey, whatever floats the boat of those who say it. Just remember to love yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    About 80-90% of their ancestors were Hindus of Hindustan (north India)
    They don't accept their ancestry because you're just outright wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Pakistan
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ic_map.svg.png

As I've said in a previous post

"Because people from the well off areas of Pakistan (areas from which most Pakistanis emigrate from) (Punjab, Sindh) are definitely a lot closer ethnically to Indians, than Afghans/Iranians (who westerners like op lump with "Arabs" )"

Pakistan is very diverse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.