Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevey396)
    No - I'm saying that currently you are not suitable for graduate jobs as you have a poor result from your first degree and zero work experience, meaning you would be right at the bottom of the pile of applicants. You would probably stand a better chance after 4/5 years of work experience.
    Doesn't the masters help at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    Doesn't the masters help at all?
    Probably not as there will likely be many other applicants with a Masters but who also have a 2:1 or 1st from their undergraduate degree, pushing you to the bottom of the list.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not as there will likely be many other applicants with a Masters but who also have a 2:1 or 1st from their undergraduate degree, pushing you to the bottom of the list.
    Did the wrong degree that I never wanted to do and was pushed to the bottom of the list because of it. Man I wouldn't even urinate on that degree certificate if it burst into flames...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No - I'm saying that currently you are not suitable for graduate jobs as you have a poor result from your first degree and zero work experience, meaning you would be right at the bottom of the pile of applicants. You would probably stand a better chance after 4/5 years of work experience.
    This is nonsense, the OP has passed the initial screening process 50 TIMES. It's not their profile that's lacking, it's their interview technique.

Forget whatever this guy is saying OP, work on why you aren't passing the interview stage - sit down and really list out all the possible reasons why you are getting stumped at that part of the process. You really need to piece together WHERE you've gone wrong, so you can see HOW to remedy it. I'm sure you've requested feedback from your interviews so clearly, you need to fix those things - and I mean really fix them, don't wash over them.

If possible, go to a careers adviser at your university to ask them about how you could improve your interview technique

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's what happens when humans go crazy and breed more. Maybe, you lacked the skills they are looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06sulraj)
    That's what happens when humans go crazy and breed more. Maybe, you lacked the skills they are looking for?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    What do you mean?
    Lol, you know the world is overpopulated thus it's hard as hell to get a job these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06sulraj)
    Lol, you know the world is overpopulated thus it's hard as hell to get a job these days.
    Way too many graduates...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    This is nonsense, the OP has passed the initial screening process 50 TIMES. It's not their profile that's lacking, it's their interview technique.

Forget whatever this guy is saying OP, work on why you aren't passing the interview stage - sit down and really list out all the possible reasons why you are getting stumped at that part of the process. You really need to piece together WHERE you've gone wrong, so you can see HOW to remedy it. I'm sure you've requested feedback from your interviews so clearly, you need to fix those things - and I mean really fix them, don't wash over them.

If possible, go to a careers adviser at your university to ask them about how you could improve your interview technique

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you that makes me feel a lot better.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.