Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2015 United States F1 Grand Prix thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My Sky Go was buffering loads so switched to the radio, had no idea James Allen was commentator takes me back to ITV's coverage ha! Much prefer him to David Croft.

ReputationRep:
    There's been 10 retirements
    And I missed all of them

But it looks like I'll be watching some battles

ReputationRep:
    Crud. Well done Hamilton.

(Original post by Hugs31)
    My Sky Go was buffering loads so switched to the radio, had no idea James Allen was commentator takes me back to ITV's coverage ha! Much prefer him to David Croft.
    BBC not ITV.

ReputationRep:
    mr button

ReputationRep:
    So Nico bottles it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Crud. Well done Hamilton.
    BBC not ITV.
    Pretty sure it was ITV when him and Brundle were the commentators (only remember because they had Moby's Lift Me Up as the theme song).

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He bloody did it!

ReputationRep:
    i predicted vettel fastest lap

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Lewis, arguably the most entertaining race of the season.

ReputationRep:
    It was gonna happen sooner or later but congrats none the less Lewis, 3 times WDC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    :dance: well done Hamilton! great race

ReputationRep:
    Nice Hamilton :woo:

ReputationRep:
    3 time world champion!!! I'm crying n don't care who knows it!!! Also, Rosberg needs to calm it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like losers to look and act like Rosberg is right now.

ReputationRep:
    Rosberg's throughly annoyed, why do I feel with the smile from Toto and Niki when Nico went wide meant it wasn't exactly an unforced error from Nico. Looking at it with a tin foil hat on makes it seem a touch dubious like Mercedes wanted the title wrapped up today. Nico was on it before the sc closed them all up.

I mean I know he's just lost the WDC but I feel there's other stuff at work but that's just me, it was a lot worse in 2014 losing a the the last race but he never looked that annoyed. Yeah I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    Rosberg's throughly annoyed, why do I feel with the smile from Toto and Niki when Nico went wide meant it wasn't exactly an unforced error from Nico. Looking at it with a tin foil hat on makes it seem a touch dubious like Mercedes wanted the title wrapped up today. Nico was on it before the sc closed them all up.

I mean I know he's just lost the WDC but I feel there's other stuff at work but that's just me, it was a lot worse in 2014 losing a the the last race but he never looked that annoyed. Yeah I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist!

Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory:yep: except I'm not sure how the team woulda done that (I probably just don't know enough about F1 yet) n Rosberg admitted it was his mistake. But that grin from Toto n Niki did look quite evil...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To keep the conspiracy theory going Nico would have to say it was his mistake, it'd be poor press for the team if Nico openly said it was a team order decided before the race to give Hamilton the win and his 3rd WDC. I just find it odd that a couple of times Nico has made mistakes, in Monza 2014 and USA 2015 (genuine or not) it's cut to Toto and Niki with a smile on their faces as both times it has directly benefited Hamilton.

ReputationRep:
    Haaaaa Yasss, i just watched the highlights, fantastic race. A nice surprise with the redbull crash that saved hamilton.
    I love seeing Nico mad, throwing hats and not spraying his drink.

ReputationRep:
    This certainly won't get old quick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYzlWAqwFc

I kind of liked seeing Nico annoyed, shows he still has passion and fight in him to try and become WDC someday, I'd have been more concerned if he gave his normal speech about coming second how it's good for the team etc.

Obviously there isn't any conspiracy theory to the result but I can still see why Nico was annoyed about turn one, Hamilton was reliant on Rosberg backing out to avoid serious contact, if they were racing for different teams I reckon it'd have been looked into as I seem to recall there is some written rule on not essentially running people of the track.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the race. Was awesome. Shame I couldn't watch it live.

Loved it. The cap throwing was hilarious as was Nico sulking on the podium.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.