Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, if a girl asked you out on a date... watch

Announcements

(Original post by Kates avid)
    You don`t need to ask him. Tell him that your going and leave it for him to ask you./
    To find out more about him keep it entirely nonphysical.
    If I just tell him that I am going would he not assume that I was going with someone else or as part of a group?

(Original post by Wadeca)
    Personally I'd find it sweet if a girl asked me out and was quite shy, I mean it's normal to be scared, my heart was pounding when I asked my girlfriend out for the first time!
    If he likes you, and even if he doesn't, then being a bit shy shouldn't matter. Just go for it and I wish you luck and an enjoyable lunch/coffee date
    Yes my heart will be pounding away too! But I'm sure I will be fine. Thanks for wishing me luck

(Original post by bobbybob12)
    As long as you get the words out and don't do something ridiculous no need to worry.
    Haha don't worry I won't freak out big time and do anything silly

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    When i have asked out girls in the past i was slways stammering and my heart was pounding and my hands got clammy. I got rejected 6 times. I wish you luck OP

Probably try and tap as you say the words and speak slowly
    Oh wow the tapping idea is such a good one. Thanks so much :yy:

(Original post by Imperion)
    Not at all :yep:
    Yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you mind if she seemed a but nervous or shy when asking?

I'm going to ask my crush to join me a coffee or lunch date but I'm so scared of tripping on my words, or giggling or going red. I want to seem really confident when asking him but I'm scared I will seem more shy than confident!

Thank you
    Probably find it a little endearing. It would have no negative effect on my answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kates avid)
    You don`t need to ask him. Tell him that your going and leave it for him to ask you./
    To find out more about him keep it entirely nonphysical.
    eh wot

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind, as long as she was fit.

(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Probably find it a little endearing. It would have no negative effect on my answer
    Phew Thank you

(Original post by That 2Fase)
    I wouldn't mind, as long as she was fit.
    What would you think if you found her average, unattractive or simply not your type?

(Original post by Oh no not again!)
    I think guys are more attracted to girls when they are slightly timid.

Whereas girls are probably more attracted to confidence.

So don't worry if you come off shy or nervous as he might find that sweet.
    Thank you I think it depends on the guy but there is only one way to find out

(Original post by robinson96)
    I'm a girl so I can't really say anything helpful but good luck!! I'm sure you'll be fine x
    Thank you for wishing me luck

ReputationRep:
    What would you think if you found her average, unattractive or simply not your type?
    I wouldn't think anything of it, I'd be very flattered that someone wants to talk to me and spend time with me. It's a very nice gesture, I'd welcome it.

ReputationRep:
    Would you mind if she seemed a but nervous or shy when asking?

I'm going to ask my crush to join me a coffee or lunch date but I'm so scared of tripping on my words, or giggling or going red. I want to seem really confident when asking him but I'm scared I will seem more shy than confident!

Thank you
    aw. Just go for it, and try and act as confident as possible

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it'd probably entice me more, since they'd have the balls (lol) to do it even when they're shy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by robinson96)
    I'm a girl so I can't really say anything helpful but good luck!! I'm sure you'll be fine x
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    That is absolutely adorable wishing you luck OP, let us know how it goes? XD
    (Original post by rat poison)
    damn go for it. tell the class how it went too.
    (Original post by Wadeca)
    Personally I'd find it sweet if a girl asked me out and was quite shy, I mean it's normal to be scared, my heart was pounding when I asked my girlfriend out for the first time!If he likes you, and even if he doesn't, then being a bit shy shouldn't matter. Just go for it and I wish you luck and an enjoyable lunch/coffee date
    I asked and he rejected me So gutted I feel awful now.

ReputationRep:
    I asked and he rejected me So gutted I feel awful now.
    Aw no :cry2: I'm sorry OP, you must feel awful at the moment. Why did he say no?

(Original post by thechemistress)
    Aw no :cry2: I'm sorry OP, you must feel awful at the moment. Why did he say no?
    Yeah wow I had no idea how bad it would feel! He basically said he is unsure about it as he is busy which is basically a sugarcoated 'no'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah wow I had no idea how bad it would feel! He basically said he is unsure about it as he is busy which is basically a sugarcoated 'no'.
    Well, clearly he has no idea what he's missing out on I feel so bad for you OP, especially after we all encouraged you to go for it Hopefully you'll feel better soon- meanwhile eat lots of ice-cream (stereotypical, I know, but ice-cream can heal all wounds xD ) :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.