The Student Room Group

religious people- If you found out that your religion wasn't...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
You'd be dead, how would you find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The Qur'an challenge has been discussed many times on here and thoroughly debunked.

Beauty is subjective, thus it is impossible to provide objective criteria by which to judge a piece of literature or poetry.

Secondly, we all know that muslims would never admit a better verse had been produced (even if it had) because that would mean admitting the Qur'an is wrong, and by extension, Islam false. Therefore the challenge is dishonest and rigged from the start.

And imitability is not proof of divinity. I challenge you to produce a symphony like that of Mozart's. You can't? Must prove he was inspired by God then!

I challenge you to produce a play like Shakespeare's. You can't? Must mean that his work is the one true word of God and is the only scripture that should be valid!

Shakespeare and Mozart might have been great and what they do but have you asked yourself who created them. Where they are right now. In the Quran there is no even single mistake in it but isn't there mistakes in Shakespeare's play and novels. Shakespeare is the only person who can get away with grammar and spelling mistake, do you know why because he is this great writer and we can overlook his mistakes. Shakespeare and Mozart are just humans and can't certainly be compared to God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Nonsense, an author being dead has no impact on the genius of their work. And that's simply wrong, the Qur'an contains loads of mistakes, contradictions and scientific errors, many of which have been discussed in depth on this site, it's obvious you're new here.

How are there mistakes in Shakespeare's plays? I don't think you know what you're talking about if you think Shakespeare wrote novels...

Their works can be compared to supposedly divine scriptures. I've read much of the Qur'an and find it horribly boring, repetitive and tedious. I much prefer Shakespeare's work.

If you found it boring then you are of those who's heart are blacken and all I can say is may God guide you and me if I am following the wrong religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
If you found it boring then you are of those who's heart are blacken and all I can say is may God guide you and me if I am following the wrong religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubbish. Islam is false, the Qur'an is not divine and I am glad I don't follow it.
Reply 64
Rubbish. Islam is false, the Qur'an is not divine and I am glad I don't follow it.

I wasn't telling you to follow to begin with. All I said in the beginning was read the books of all religions and decide for yourself. I don't know why all of this started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
I wasn't telling you to follow to begin with. All I said in the beginning was read the books of all religions and decide for yourself. I don't know why all of this started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've definitely decided that the Qur'an isn't the truth. It started because you came on here talking about that dishonest Qur'an challenge.
Reply 66
Well I've definitely decided that the Qur'an isn't the truth. It started because you came on here talking about that dishonest Qur'an challenge.

Good for you. Well I still believe in the Quran and good luck to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
Good for you. Well I still believe in the Quran and good luck to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you do, but I was merely refuting your claims that the challenge is valid and that it contains no mistakes.
Reply 68
I know you do, but I was merely refuting your claims that the challenge is valid and that it contains no mistakes.

Oh cool. I still believe that it's true but I don't want to start again so I'll just stop here. We all have opinions and don't we still believe what we want even if it's proven wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
Oh cool. I still believe that it's true but I don't want to start again so I'll just stop here. We all have opinions and don't we still believe what we want even if it's proven wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, but it's best not to try and convince others it's true (when it isn't) with weak claims that have been debunked many times on here.
Reply 70
Indeed, but it's best not to try and convince others it's true (when it isn't) with weak claims that have been debunked many times on here.

I wasn't trying to do anything all I was doing is suggesting. I might believe in something which I think is true but someone else might not. I like researching about all religions and learning them. So thought you might be the same. Which is why I was telling you about what the Quran says (the challenge).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
I wasn't trying to do anything all I was doing is suggesting. I might believe in something which I think is true but someone else might not. I like researching about all religions and learning them. So thought you might be the same. Which is why I was telling you about what the Quran says (the challenge).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not just telling me, saying my heart is blackened just because I don't believe the same as you :rolleyes:
Reply 72
Original post by Wadeca
Haha no, that was 'worst case scenario, it doesn't have to be like that. John 3v16: 'For God so loved the world that he sent his only son that whoever believed in him shall not die but have everlasting life'. I worship a God that's saved me from my sin and who loves me. It's a friendship, but the closest and most secure friendship you can ever have, one generated through love, not fear! :smile:

I'd rather live a decent life and not have to constantly worry about me going to hell because I didn't worship this so called 'loving' God.
Reply 73
Not just telling me, saying my heart is blackened just because I don't believe the same as you :rolleyes:

Hey sorry about that. We are not meant to judge each other. So really sorry about that. I just think talking about religion and arguing kinda makes you not know what you're saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
Shakespeare and Mozart might have been great and what they do but have you asked yourself who created them. Where they are right now. In the Quran there is no even single mistake in it but isn't there mistakes in Shakespeare's play and novels. Shakespeare is the only person who can get away with grammar and spelling mistake, do you know why because he is this great writer and we can overlook his mistakes. Shakespeare and Mozart are just humans and can't certainly be compared to God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Matey, I'm sorry to tell you this but the Quran isn't perfect it's littered with mistakes. There are hundreds of them and they are one click away but you won't look because you are wilfully ignorant. "I think therefore I am" this saying originally meant that by doubting an idea you prove that the idea is worth something because at least you have thought about it. You think you're right but you've never considered that you are wrong and because of that your idea is worthless. Here's a link http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran. You can refute the source as biased but if you read through the quotes and their criticisms eventually you will reach one which you view as inexcusable. The Quran wasn't written by God it was written by a man, a fallible man. It's all poetry and hatred.
Reply 75
Lol I just noticed we took like 88% of this page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by MrKmas508
Matey, I'm sorry to tell you this but the Quran isn't perfect it's littered with mistakes. There are hundreds of them and they are one click away but you won't look because you are wilfully ignorant. "I think therefore I am" this saying originally meant that by doubting an idea you prove that the idea is worth something because at least you have thought about it. You think you're right but you've never considered that you are wrong and because of that your idea is worthless. Here's a link http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran. You can refute the source as biased but if you read through the quotes and their criticisms eventually you will reach one which you view as inexcusable. The Quran wasn't written by God it was written by a man, a fallible man. It's all poetry and hatred.

Thanks for your opinion and I will look into the site. Thanks for that btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
Thanks for your opinion and I will look into the site. Thanks for that btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not possible to know to much. Now knowing to little, that's the problem.
Well done for considering it.
Reply 78
Original post by MrKmas508
It is not possible to know to much. Now knowing to little, that's the problem.
Well done for considering it.

The problem is most people just read the translation and then say that's error or mistake. Arabic language is complicated and now I am trying learn it so that I can understand it for myself rather than reading the translation. I think that's what others need to do too rather than looking at someone's translation and saying something based on that translation,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
The problem is most people just read the translation and then say that's error or mistake. Arabic language is complicated and now I am trying learn it so that I can understand it for myself rather than reading the translation. I think that's what others need to do too rather than looking at someone's translation and saying something based on that translation,

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are certain things even translations cannot explain such as numbers, names and facts. The Koran says "The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!" Quran 9:30. Uzair being Ezkiel in its English translation. Judaism has been a strictly monotheistic religion since the early days of its creation, they have not viewed Ezekiel as God ever. God isn't referring to a specific group of Jews but instead all Jews, did God make a mistake? God cannot make a mistake therefore it cannot be written by God.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending