Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I can't cook :( watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You put it on to cook, you keep an eye on it and either taste-test it periodically or judge by eye, depends on the food but it's so easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    :rofl: opening the ice cream bowl and seeing Jollof/some stew when you want vanilla ice cream is the struggle man
    :rofl: After you've waited on it.

ReputationRep:
    i frequently make this dish called cereal, it's brilliant, comes in different flavours/sizes/colours and you only need two ingredients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Attachment 471605

Now you might say "Oh the lovely Mrs Holmes, it doesn't look awful" but I can assure you it was terrible and worse my dad just lied saying it was good!
    From the picture it looks like it looks like your noodles and broccoli were overcooked. Some parts look burnt as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfteaching)
    i frequently make this dish called cereal, it's brilliant, comes in different flavours/sizes/colours and you only need two ingredients
    My husband and I eat an exclusive European high fibre breakfast cereal.

It's very nutritious and highly recommended by the Dutch Royal Family.

Sadly my husband thinks it looks like cement!
    I will NOT have him calling cereal recommended by the Dutch Royal Family "cement"!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very skilled at it to be honest. I'm too lazy and distracted to cook really decent stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swedishredhead)
    what?
    what were you thinking posting that picture?!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You just need encouragement. Make sure you want to enjoy what you're cooking YOURSELF, and you're not just cooking for other people.

ReputationRep:
    Only an expert can get the right milk to cereal ratio though. Always too much for me. When I then refill the bowl with cereal I get it right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Only an expert can get the right milk to cereal ratio though. Always too much for me. When I then refill the bowl with cereal I get it right though.
    Of course my husband and I don't have that problem - one of the benefits of eating a superlative quality cereal recommended by the Dutch Royal Family.

ReputationRep:
    you're right my friend, a skill that takes years to perfect but is particular for your requirements.

it is an exact science, dependent upon the cereal type, i.e cocopops need the right amount of milk left brewing for the correct time so the chocolatey milk is optimal and the ratio of hard to soft pieces is just right, whereas others would dive straight in for the crunch (barbarians,) a few times my frosted shreddies went way too soggy and mushy, another time my honey nut loops went too soft, don't get me started on weetabix.

too many a cereal i have mourned, this has caused me to cut back and switch to the boring alternative of porridge/toast.

ReputationRep:
    you're right my friend, a skill that takes years to perfect but is particular for your requirements.

it is an exact science, dependent upon the cereal type, i.e cocopops need the right amount of milk left brewing for the correct time so the chocolatey milk is optimal and the ratio of hard to soft pieces is just right, whereas others would dive straight in for the crunch (barbarians,) a few times my frosted shreddies went way too soggy and mushy, another time my honey nut loops went too soft, don't get me started on weetabix.

too many a cereal i have mourned, this has caused me to cut back and switch to the boring alternative of porridge/toast.
    Golden Nuggets, when the correct time to be left and volume is achieved, are an excellent after dinner meal. The maze on the back can also keep you entertained whilst you wait a while for them to soften.

ReputationRep:
    Golden Nuggets, when the correct time to be left and volume is achieved, are an excellent after dinner meal. The maze on the back can also keep you entertained whilst you wait a while for them to soften.
    i never tried golden nuggets, but on your recommendation, i shall.

I have recently flirted with honey cheerios, but i am now bored again, thus the love affair has ended. the best relationship i've ever experienced was cocopops mixed with cookie crisp, a mind blowing combination.

ReputationRep:
    I can't cook either. I can microwave and toast stuff - that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    Watch YouTube tutorial and practice.

Are you certain you are cooking at the right temperature, time and also putting the right quantity of all those spices and stuff? All these small things can make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I certainly can't I made noodles today and now I can hear my dad scraping them off his plate downstairs...I don't blame him I had two bites of mine and gave up on them

Are you a good cook? HOW?!
    Try watching the professionals
    I could only ever do basic things until I started watching cooking shows, and I learnt little tips and tricks and now I know how to throw random stuff together and make it work (for my taste buds at least)

ReputationRep:
    I diidddddd. But I put too many in there I think

I used:
    -Red chilli powder
    -Cumin
    -Garam Masala
    -Salt
    -Pepper
    -This other thing in the box
    -and shredded coriander.

Still tasted like crap maybe I'm just not meant to cook....I burnt my oatmeal the other day.
    Just make curry. It's the best dish and contains all the things. No need to cook anything else, it's ezpz.

ReputationRep:
    i never tried golden nuggets, but on your recommendation, i shall.

I have recently flirted with honey cheerios, but i am now bored again, thus the love affair has ended. the best relationship i've ever experienced was cocopops mixed with cookie crisp, a mind blowing combination.
    If you are having cookie crisp just go all out and get proper cookies with some milk. Go hard or go home (or go shopping for the real stuff).

ReputationRep:
    If you are having cookie crisp just go all out and get proper cookies with some milk. Go hard or go home (or go shopping for the real stuff).
    It's more fun making them.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite channel:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.