Turn on thread page Beta

Do TSR people ever meet up for nights out IRL? watch

ReputationRep:
    I met someone on tsr but only after exchanging Skype accounts and chatting for long enough. We're friends now. Something that I as a teenager never thought would happen (I'm 22)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Because otherwise I get bored. We're going to be out all night, right? What's the point venturing out to meet folks for a couple of hours? That's a waste of time. Most people are not going to be open enough with me to talk about their personal woes and/or aspirations within the first night of meeting, although I would be willing to do such. The only alternative then is to talk about such so called "deep topics" in order to facilitate none boring discussion and give me my little fix of social interaction which I crave so badly despite finding most people incredibly boring :|

I hate bars. You cannot have anything but superficial conversation. They are over-stimulating. So one cannot focus on what one wants to. I get headaches. They tire me out. I hate being around drunk people and I don't drink myself. There is no reason at all for me to be in a bar.
    Do you like dancing?

Well do you meet up with friends at all? It's not a waste of time! I'd be open to any sort of discussion you'd like. But it's not about that. There is nothing more refreshing then coming back after nearly a year of not seeing my good friends I grew up with, popping off a few beers, kicking back and talking about trivial sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Can confirm, went on holiday last year with two tsrians and a normie.
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Do you like dancing?

Well do you meet up with friends at all? It's not a waste of time! I'd be open to any sort of discussion you'd like. But it's not about that. There is nothing more refreshing then coming back after nearly a year of not seeing my good friends I grew up with, popping off a few beers, kicking back and talking about trivial sh*t.
    No, I'm not a good dancer. I prefer martial arts. Or performative music.

No, I have no friends.

God I sound autistic lmao. But I'm just answering really bluntly to preserve time and increase clarity XD

ReputationRep:
    How was it?
    Hilarious, we were all disgusting harpies in Amsterdam.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not a good dancer. I prefer martial arts. Or performative music.

No, I have no friends.

God I sound autistic lmao. But I'm just answering really bluntly to preserve time and increase clarity XD
    Lmao I meant dancing in a club and you go on to say you prefer martial arts hahaha

I'm sure you have some friends, cmon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    most of us go bowling alone

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3667857
    They said they don't go bowling alone :/ Am I missing something?

I'd totally meet up with peeps from here to discuss life, people, philosophy, politics, history, international-relations, religion and the like over tea/coffee be that out somewhere or in somewhere...

But a night out as in alcohol and clubbing/bars? Ewww nooooo. I've rather sit on a toilet seat licking my own feet for a few hours.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Hilarious, we were all disgusting harpies in Amsterdam.
    Ahh glad you had a good time, was it the first time you had met?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I meant dancing in a club and you go on to say you prefer martial arts hahaha

I'm sure you have some friends, cmon?
    I know you did, I'm just taking the piss lmao. I have a weird sense of humour :P

Nah I don't man

It's sad. Gets me down. Dunno why I struggle to make them. Not had a friend for over 2years now and the loneliness really sucks. I complain about it on TSR a fair bit. In fact I mostly use TSR as a coping mechanism for my otherwise total absence of non-forced social interaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    They said they don't go bowling alone :/ Am I missing something?

Why?
    Because it bores me, frustrates me and tires me out. Really it is just a waste of time for me.

ReputationRep:
    Because it bores me, frustrates me and tires me out. Really it is just a waste of time for me.
    Ahh, I thought it was more because of the company than your own distaste

ReputationRep:
    I know you did, I'm just taking the piss lmao. I have a weird sense of humour :P

Nah I don't man

It's sad. Gets me down. Dunno why I struggle to make them. Not had a friend for over 2years now and the loneliness really sucks. I complain about it on TSR a fair bit. In fact I mostly use TSR as a coping mechanism for my otherwise total absence of non-forced social interaction.
    Are you a student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Ahh, I thought it was more because of the company than your own distaste
    Ha, no, I'm not prejudiced. I really am fond of TSRians. They are cool people.

Are you a student?
    Yes. 2nd year of university at the university of Leeds! I'm 20 0_0

ReputationRep:
    Ha, no, I'm not prejudiced. I really am fond of TSRians. They are cool people.

Yes. 2nd year of university at the university of Leeds! I'm 20 0_0
    Hmm I find it odd somebody can say they have no friends

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I find it odd somebody can say they have no friends
    Oh it's really really really bad. It's complicated as to how I'm in this situation though, but I hate it. It makes me hate myself, even though when I think about myself rationally I realise I'm ****ing amazing. So I flip between these states of emotion quite capriciously and it is all very unproductive and for that reason when I do make a friend I suspect I will treat them like an angel, because though they may not think it, to me, their presence will be as beneficial as that of an angel's.

ReputationRep:
    This thread reminded me of something related to Leeds... strange.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm friends on Facebook with 3 people from here and I'm in a small group chat with some.

ReputationRep:
    We used to have TSR uni meetups

Have also met previous partners here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    We used to have TSR uni meetups

Have also met previous partners here
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    What happened?
    I left uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.