Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who's been to the states? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Been to Vegas too many times and it gets old lol. Try and visit the San Francisco area if you do come to California - SF underrated. Everyone visits LA...
    ah okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    yes i went to virginia; it was ok
    Virginia, yeah, not much to do there lol Besides D.C. it's not really a big tourist area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Any experience of New Orleans?
    I'm sure it's a nice place but only thing I associate with New Orleans is this episode of KN XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I'm sure it's a nice place but only thing I associate with New Orleans is this episode of KN XD

Wtf man I didn't even have to click the video I just saw the thumbnail, I was literally watching this yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    I took my ex on surprise trip to US. I spent months planning, worked my ass off to be able to afford it. Flew business class via British Airways and we went to

California (LA, San Diego) then stayed in a lovely five star hotel in Vegas. Saw the Grand Canyon and that, then flew to Ohio and visited Cedar Point. That big theme park with loads of rollercoasters and crap food. Then drove to Buffalo, Niagra etc to see The Falls, then to Mt Morris, NY. Visited Letchworth State Park. It's known as Grand Canyon of the East. It's all foresty and really nice. Several waterfalls. Then went to New York City. Our hotel was situated in Times Square. $800 for like 3 nights. Amazing. I've also visited San Fran (sorry I know the locals hate it being called this)

Was really romantic. Cost me many thousands. Broke up on our last day in NYC.
    Aw that is so sweet. But sorry about how it ended... Glad you had a nice time though?

And yes, "San Fran" "Frisco"...makes us cringe.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf man I didn't even have to click the video I just saw the thumbnail, I was literally watching this yesterday!
    F***ing love this scene. Bloody brilliant hahaha

I lived in miami for 4months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    NYC, Boston Washington, Vegas and Los Angeles
    We drove through the East Coast cities that I mentioned, then took a plane to the west coast...
    it was amazing!!!!
    Glad you had a great time! Washington is my favorite place in the East Coast, NYC isn't my cup of tea. Don't see myself visiting again, unless I have to lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    I'd like to keep my life , but thanks!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Got to keep the joke running sorry
    Ah you again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    I went to New York when I was 11. It was pretty awesome. I'd like to go again to explore the city for myself and do more things I want to do, as when I first went I was obviously too young to go exploring on my own. We went for 2 weeks and stayed with family.
    Going as an adult is so much more fun! Come to the West coast if you find it of interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I've been to the west coast, California specifically (LA and San Francisco), I've been to Las Vegas too. I loved it, but it felt like I was in oven!
    Lots of characters in Vegas - what happens there, stays there lol Did you enjoy SF?

Glad you had a great time! Washington is my favorite place in the East Coast, NYC isn't my cup of tea. Don't see myself visiting again, unless I have to lol
    You look a lot like Vanessa Hudgens!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    i wanna go to NY, LA, SF
    I hope you can! Recommend all those places(:

ReputationRep:
    I've been to New York and DC. Loved them!

New York for the atmosphere, DC for the history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Went to NYC / Philadelphia / DC on a school trip a few years ago. Loved it, though prefer Canada

Going back soon though - New York in January, then doing a roadtrip through the Canadian Rockies and down into the USA to Yellowstone in the summer. Can't wait!

Really want to go to Vegas. Me and the boyfriend have agreed to get married there (if we do) and just have a massive tack fest.
    See the west coast if you get a chance. It's much different from the east coast.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of characters in Vegas - what happens there, stays there lol Did you enjoy SF?
    I was 10 at the time (in las vegas)..

11 at night, walking down the main strip and suddenly a clearly overweight man in a bra and panties comes out of some side street thing and starts cooing at me as I walk past, trying my hardest not to look.

Yeah. Vegas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    I went to Rhode Island and New York to visit family. One good memory of mine going there was when I went trick or treating with my cousin. American sweets are something else
    Not too much a fan of our sweets either...but then again I'm not a fan of sweets at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Except Cadbury >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hershey's
    Ok. Agreed. Cadbury trumps Hershey's.

ReputationRep:
    Any experience of New Orleans?
    Very festive and jazzy. Great and lively nightlife!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    You look a lot like Vanessa Hudgens!!!
    What a compliment! I don't see it, but thank you! haha

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.