ReputationRep:
    South East London.

ReputationRep:
    All of up north.

ReputationRep:
    Reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    London, most parts of it. Good place to go out and do things, horrible place to have to live and work.
    Bit dramatic. Plenty of people (like myself) who survive perfectly fine as the working class in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jewb)
    Grimsby

Rotherham

Scunthorpe

Bradford
    Due to start work in Rotherham soon, hoping it's not that bad. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Leicester or Birmingham or Luton or Bradford
    Loool. why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    All of up north.
    Bit harsh isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dundee

ReputationRep:
    Gloucester, the proverbial headstone of failed urban regeneration. If I had to live anywhere near the centre, I'd kill myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    Norwich.

...And I haven't even been.
    LOL, I go to university there. It's alright, I suppose it's a bit small, the main pain about it is getting there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Bit harsh isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao I wasn't being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaisalNaeem03)
    Yup. But still your opinions false . End off. I win.
    An opinion cannot be wrong. An opinion is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are saying London lol. It is better than every other city in Britain and is more important than every other British city combined to our economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    I can't believe people are saying London lol. It is better than every other city in Britain and is more important than every other British city combined to our economy.
    It's a sh*^hole.

Stupidly expensive to live in, millions of people, and too many hipsters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Coventry, last time I saw it the ENTIRETY was grey, also if it weren't for my parents telling me what it was like for them at uni then it would've been one of my firm choices because it's high ranking for my course.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of hype, Manchester has to be up there. High crime, poor skyline and not a decent restaurant in sight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    It's a sh*^hole.

Stupidly expensive to live in, millions of people, and too many hipsters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stupidly expensive? It is totally worth the money to live in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and beautiful cities on the planet. Millions of people? Yeah, darn right, millions of talented, diverse people from all backgrounds and from all over the world. Too many hipsters? Hipsters are leading the way for gentrification which will improve formerly derelict neighbourhoods like Brixton into modern, desirable places to live,

It is one of only two Alpha++ global cites, along with New York, and combined with its rich history and culture, London can be considered a masterpiece, an artwork encompassing all the greatness of human civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    Stupidly expensive? It is totally worth the money to live in one of the most vibrant, cosmopolitan and beautiful cities on the planet. Millions of people? Yeah, darn right, millions of talented, diverse people from all backgrounds and from all over the world. Too many hipsters? Hipsters are leading the way for gentrification which will improve formerly derelict neighbourhoods like Brixton into modern, desirable places to live,

It is one of only two Alpha++ global cites, along with New York, and combined with its rich history and culture, London can be considered a masterpiece, an artwork encompassing all the greatness of human civilisation.
    Or I can say screw that and live in a hermitage. With floor to ceiling bookshelves. And a ladder on a track.

Not worth the extra costs of living there. Vibrant? I prefer peaceful.

Too many people for me to ever feel at home. A faceless mass of consumerism.

It's too busy. I prefer a slower pace of life.

There is a rich history in many other places. My favourite city of York, for example.

It's not great. You pay £600 a month for a room in a shared house. In many places you get a full house for that. A big one.

Gentrification isn't all good. It pushes people who have lived in an area for their entire lives out of it because they now can't afford to live there.

Hipsters think they're being creative and edgy when they're not. They all seem to dress in exactly the same way.

There are art galleries and museums all over the world. In many other parts of the country other than London. The Hepworth gallery, for example.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.