Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2016 FCA Supervision Graduate Development Programme watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcyko)
    Just wondering - are most people new graduates? I'm a few years older and have already tried out lots of random jobs/sectors and was wondering if that would go against me. Even had a stint on another grad programme but I left it due a variety of reasons. I went in for an AC with a top 10 accountancy firm the other day and I got the feeling they thought I was a bit of a job hopper... :banned: yeah I didn't it.
    No, not everyone is a new graduate, this isn't a programme that demands only new grads can apply.
    Yes, I think you already know that it can go against you if you don't spin it well why you left previous roles.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sad. I got invited to the Assessment Centre, but can't make it due to having an exam on the same day. When I emailed them to see if there was an alternative day, they said it was the only day. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I did my internship at the FCA and it was an amazing experience !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
    I'm so sad. I got invited to the Assessment Centre, but can't make it due to having an exam on the same day. When I emailed them to see if there was an alternative day, they said it was the only day. :cry:
    Commiserations. I was told there is 12th Jan for Retail and 19th Jan for Wholesale - when you say, "they said it was the only day", do you mean that they confirmed to you that these are the last AC dates and that there are definitely no more to be scheduled (as previously, at least for phone interview, slots seemed to only be updated to show availability for up to one week ahead)?

ReputationRep:
    how long after telephone interview do they tell you outcome......an answer asap would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legolas_09)
    I did my internship at the FCA and it was an amazing experience !!
    good for you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhips)
    how long after telephone interview do they tell you outcome......an answer asap would be great
    It varies for everyone. They say it can take anytime up to 5 working days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompliNut)
    A few quick general questions to those who've done the AC:
    1) How many people do you have to work with in a group?
    2) Is the written analysis exercise done together in a group or separately before working together on a presentation?
    3) Do all members of the group get to speak in the presentation or mainly just one or two presenting?
    4) Is the panel interview similar to the phone interview in that it comprises of motivational and competency-based questions, just with additional specific focus on you and your CV?
    5) How long each is each part of the AC (written, presentation, interview) and is there much waiting around between each e.g. time for toilet breaks/refreshments, reading notes etc?
    Not mean to be harsh but as I previously mentioned, that will give those who have completed the AC and waiting a clear unfair advantage! All these information that you're looking for will be clearly presented to you on the day, and you will have sufficient time to ask questions for any uncertainties. Although, on side note - from my experience, having the answers of these questions cant really help you to prepare for the tasks on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhips)
    mine was 2 days. I think it depends on when the next AC is - because they want most candidates sitting for AC to receive the news on the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoblue)
    From my experience, having the answers to these questions can't really help you to prepare for the tasks on the day.
    Yes, indeed they are very general mundane questions about the format rather than the content of the assessment - intentionally meant to not really give others an unfair advantage - as you conceded, answers to which couldn't possibly help anyone prepare for the assessment tasks on the day. I'd hoped that it was obvious enough, from the mundane nature of the questions, that I was asking out of curiosity rather than seeking others to confer an unfair advantage (after all, if I really wanted an unfair advantage, then I would be asking what scenario the written analysis & presentation were on).

Anyone have a contact number for the FCA grad recruitment team? Sent an email, and they haven't replied. Strange as they had replied to my previous email the next day. It's been five days since I sent my most recent email, and no reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Anyone have a contact number for the FCA grad recruitment team? Sent an email, and they haven't replied. Strange as they had replied to my previous email the next day. It's been five days since I sent my most recent email, and no reply.
    GTI group on 0207 061 1900 and ask to speak to the FCA recruitment team

(Original post by CompliNut)
    GTI group on 0207 061 1900 and ask to speak to the FCA recruitment team
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back??

ReputationRep:
    I haven't and it's been two weeks for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenWiggins)
    Anyone heard back??
    Me neither. hv been 3 weeks - although i remember they sort of made a promise that it will certainly be before Christmas - did they mention that in ur AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
    EXACT same thing! That's just very bad ((((( So is it final there's NO other AC days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smertzios)
    EXACT same thing! That's just very bad ((((( So is it final there's NO other AC days?
    I called up and they said for Enforcement all the ACs have been filled up and they might not have any more. If they've filled up all the positions do you think they'll just reject us?

(note: had my telephone interview 2 weeks ago - am awaiting outcome and gave them a call earlier today to see what's happening)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received response for their AC?

ReputationRep:
    hello.

i know this thread is for the graduate programme, i am applying for the summer position and i was wondering if the interview questions would be similar to the grad. i have my interview on the 29th

i would appreciate your responses.

Thank you

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.