Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys would you fancy such a girl? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why not?
    As long as she doesn't ignore me constantly for academic reasons, I don't see that that would be a reason for me to not be interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A question to the guys.

Would you be put off by the type of girl who is into her academic work and is very focused.One who sits by herself in lectures ,seems to be alone most of the times but does talk to people here and there occasionally.
    No, actually I'd probably find her extremely relatable. I like quiet, intelligent girls. I'd feel fairly safe with her.

The only reason I might not end up talking to her is because I sit by myself in lectures and also focus a lot, so there's a good chance we wouldn't even notice each other. Whereas I will notice people that talk to me first because they won't let me ignore them.

Certainly doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer the company of the quiet, intelligent girl who didn't have the confidence to talk to me, though. It's just that I don't have the confidence to talk to such a girl, just as she wouldn't have the confidence to talk to me. That's why Introverts rarely end up with other Introverts... unless an Extravert introduces them to each other.

ReputationRep:
    depends how well you can relax outside of that I guess, how much time would you be so focused on work you wouldn't be able to go out and do things.

We talking universities, no need to focus so much, 3k essay should be done within a week, 2-3 days standard. Plenty of time for other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    A question to the guys.

Would you be put off by the type of girl who is into her academic work and is very focused.One who sits by herself in lectures ,seems to be alone most of the times but does talk to people here and there occasionally.
    Bit of practical advice, if you don't pay attention to other people, the only people that will come to you are ones interested in you for looks alone, or ones who happen to be closer to you etc ( you're convenient to talk to ). At the end of the day nothing wrong with keeping to yourself, but the reason confidence is important isn't because its attractive, that's a big lie, it's because it makes people feel comfortable enough with you to be themselves and spend more time around you. But at the end of the day nobody needs a partner for the sake of it, if you happen to find someone you really like then great! If not, don't lose sleep over it, there's millions out there and only a few will be right for you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, certainly there are many guys who like a nice, quiet, focused, intelligent girl. The problem comes in with that guy having the opportunity to meet that girl. I agree w/ the above poster that you have to be accessible enough to be approachable. Even the most confident of guys isn't going to approach the girl he feels doesn't want to be approached. Before and or after lectures work on making eye contact and talking with those you already know. Join new societies and meet new people.
    I think one of the most import lessons that can be learned at uni doesn't take place in the lecture hall - it is the ability to step outside your comfort zone and meet new people which is really a skill all its own.
    So don't worry, yes, guys will like that type of girl such don't be so quiet and studious that you don't have the opportunity to meet that special guy. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's not like the guys on this forum can afford to be picky...

ReputationRep:
    A question to the guys.

Wish I could meet one because I'm the same.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.