Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys say they hate "SLUTS" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would never call or even think someone to be a slut, people should be able to do what they want, wear what they want, act like they want (as long as their not a murderer or something) with their lives without idiotic judgmental people thinking that simply by looking at someone they can make accurate assumptions as to said persons personality. Guys and girls who say they hate 'sluts' aren't saying anything of meaning, their simply expressing how shallow of a human being they are.
    And before anyone get's upset, I'm not saying that everyone who has ever said that they hate 'sluts' is a shallow person, But they need to grow up and realize some people aren't exactly what they see as how a person should be.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say some do this but of course nowhere near the majority. I guess people act differently around their peers? Some guys may say they dislike 'slutty behaviour' and yet if they see a 'slutty' girl they're attracted to and an opportunity to get with them, they'll take it.

Personally I hate that word and any word that shames/aims to control women sexually.

ReputationRep:
    Smokey eye make up :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    By slut I do not just mean a girl who sleeps around, which some people call a slut, but one who wears revealing clothes, flirts a lot, wears certain makeup like smoky eyes or red lips, posts sexy pictures on Instagram etc.

A lot of guys call these "slutty" and look down on them

But then they reward those women by treating them better whether by choosing them for relationships or even in the workplace (most of my friends who work have older male bosses who favour the girls at work who flirt with them etc.)

Im in my 20s and I am definitely not one haha, but "nice ladylike" girls who are the opposite of "sluts" ALWAYS get bullied in both the work place and real life, and guys don't actually like them for girlfriends. Women cant win

I'm not a feminist but what do you think
    I'm not anti-slut, don't slut-shame. I think this topic is given far more time than it merits. I personally don't think about women long enough to ever form an opinion of whether she looks like a slut or not - doesn't even cross my mind :eek: - and no i'm not gay.

Women are woman - no need for names or stereotypes. Personally i would probably avoid a woman who was dressed like a slut though because I would feel she was 'too easy' and those kind of people repulse me. They come across way too desperate and needy and that is off-putting. Now if the woman was playing hard to get and still dressed like a slut, then that's another story altogether. I find that attractive :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    The IARC says you can enjoy your yoga class, but don’t breathe air (class 1 carcinogen), sit near a sun-filled window (class 1), apply aloe vera (class 2B) if you get a sunburn, drink wine or coffee (class 1 and class 2B), or eat grilled food (class 2A). And if you are a hairdresser or do shift work (both class 2A), you should seek a new career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    but it's mainly girls who judge harshly and brand others 'sluts' and so on.
    I don't know about this...Maybe in your community, whichever one that is. But as far as I've seen/encountered/experienced, it's males who frivolously go around calling women these horrible words, whether it's truthful or not. Women normally stick together, mentally speaking, when they are treated with chauvinism like this. I honestly don't think I've ever seen, in secular western society, a female calling another female a slut unless they have personal beef with each other. But random guys just scan their eyes over a woman and deem her what they like, in professional and informal settings.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I LOVE sluts

ReputationRep:
    I love sluts

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm indifferent.

ReputationRep:
    They're jealous because sluts are out there getting sex and attention from men while the guys are struggling, they get no sex and no female attention. So they hate. It has nothing to do with right and wrong, common values are dead. Too many player haters out there, both male and female.

ReputationRep:
    The reason I wouldn't like it is because I don't like the like the idea of a girl trying to catch the intention of men when it should be just the man they should show off for otherwise I don't see the point. I wouldn't pose sexually if I was in a relationship with a girl because I wouldn't want that attention. Be classy is way more sexier and catches my attention more often than a girl wearing next to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    I would never call or even think someone to be a slut, people should be able to do what they want, wear what they want, act like they want (as long as their not a murderer or something) with their lives without idiotic judgmental people thinking that simply by looking at someone they can make accurate assumptions as to said persons personality. Guys and girls who say they hate 'sluts' aren't saying anything of meaning, their simply expressing how shallow of a human being they are.
    And before anyone get's upset, I'm not saying that everyone who has ever said that they hate 'sluts' is a shallow person, But they need to grow up and realize some people aren't exactly what they see as how a person should be.
    10/10 response

ReputationRep:
    People hate everything and everyone.
    Nobody gets away from the hate.
    'Sluts' get hate for being too vulgar, too revealing, not 'modest'.
    'Ladylike' girls get hate for being boring, hard to get, etc.
    'Gentlemen' get hate for not being arrogant, testosterone-fueled pigs.
    'Lads' get hate because of their "lad culture"
    And so on..

ReputationRep:
    The thing to note whilst a girl who sleeps around might be popular amongst guys, their tends to be a notable biased that when a guy is selecting a wife ( or life long partner) the bias is to go for someone who hasn't been known to have slept around...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think it's probably because they don't know them and judge them based on the surface.

I mean, if you know a girl that's really provocative and sleeps around a lot, it's kind of hard to judge her once you realise that her father neglected her and made her feel undesirable at a young age. Or that her parents were abusive and she used her sexuality to manipulate strange men into keeping her away from home for a few nights at a time the moment she turned 13.

You don't know who that girl is beyond her clothes or the fact that she's slept with a lot of men. And sadly, some people judge without knowing anything else about them.

I never liked the idea that there are some girls you just sleep with, and some you "take home to your mother". In my mind, if you're willing to sleep with a girl, you should also be willing to consider actually being her boyfriend/husband.

I think it's a pride thing. Men often just like the idea of being able to "attain" a girl that's unattainable as a partner in order to impress other men. So a girl that's "easy" is considered low-hanging fruit, not a challenge. I think that's a pretty lousy way to judge a human being, but there you go.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.