Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does everyone just want to be rich? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Not everyone wants to be rich - that's why they voted Labour.
    That's merely accepting you don't have the drive or skills to be rich. They will still put down the lottery/scratch cards.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I want to be filthy rich. Rich enough that money isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No I want a big beautiful library...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    To hide in when I can't pay my bills because I have spent all my money on books
    like this... but obviously better...
    That looks awesome, I'm adding this to my list of things to have in my home castle

(Original post by Rakas21)
    What people want is financial security as opposed to being rich per say, once you get to a certain point there are diminishing returns.

Personally my goals are..

Post tax salary of £3k per month (£45-50k with the current tax system).
    Own 2 properties (one my home and the other a source of income)
    Pension fund after tax of around £1.5m (would give me £3k per month for around 50 years)
    Have enough savings to put my children through a private education (couple of hundred grand needed really)
    This is pretty much what I would be happy with, enough to live comfortably and be able to give my family a good life and have nice things

Fairly simple, but getting there is a different matter :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    But if we didnt have any money in the first place, what would need to be solved?
    A lot. Because batter simply didn't cut it and won't.

ReputationRep:
    Not right at this minute, since I want to complete my education first. Deep in my heart, I do only because to pay off my loans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That 2Fase)
    inb4 I don't care about money
    inb4 I don't need money
    inb4 there's more to life than money
    inb4 money doesn't buy happiness
    inb4 happiness is more important than money
    ^ This. It's funny that these replies come from middle class school kids and university students who've never lived in the real world and their parents probably pay for everything. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    My goals are to keep peace within myself and harmony with the world around me... Sorry, I'm really wishy-washy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Not everyone wants to be rich - that's why they voted Labour.
    You get really wealthy people who genuinely care about those from disadvantaged backgrounds, equally you get poor blue collar Tories who just need to **** off and die

I want to be rich in happiness and contentment rather than the worry of money which can come and go.

ReputationRep:
    I want to have enough money to be comfortable. I'll always have worries but I don't want money to be one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be rich, but only so I can buy an island of the coast somewhere and live in peace

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.