Turn on thread page Beta

Why are girls so insecure? watch

ReputationRep:
    I blame Oestrogen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    See lost her composure!
    Actually I didn't "definetly was" isn't exactly "omg thank you". Sarcasm idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Ive found that in the past, a girl may become insecure after a troubled relationship. By troubled I mean that a guy has played them about for example. This then makes the girl pin point issues within herself which may not exist in order to come to terms with why the boy may have done what he did (cheat). Sadly the answer is that its just in that dudes nature to act up no matter how much the girl would pour her heart out and do pretty much anything to make the relationship last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Hey don't change what you write for the sake of awesome genius and I like the emojis. Ignore him
    Wouldnt do😊
    All my mates use emojis as well
    It is no big deal imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiahDawson)
    Actually I didn't "definetly was" isn't exactly "omg thank you". Sarcasm idiot.
    Stop flirting with me Riah I'm 26.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Just noticed you've repped me twice in the past days, so popular.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop stalking me.

Or am I the one who's stalking you?

Either way, lock your windows at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Stop stalking me.

Or am I the one who's stalking you?

Either way, lock your windows at night.
    Think you'll find its you, repping all my great posts. Thanks for the reminder will do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stop flirting with me Riah I'm 26.
    Don't flatter yourself. I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know I already have a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    At this point, your pot is so black you could use it as a navigation aid in outer space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiahDawson)
    Don't flatter yourself. I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know I already have a boyfriend.
    Wow that's so cool - really well done there Riah, you're an inspiration!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's so cool - really well done there Riah, you're an inspiration!
    That's lame- even for you. Are you even TRYING?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Insecure people are those who always criticize other people for how they look or how they act. And once you criticise them, they feel attacked. Basically people who can talk crap but not take it.
    Which perfectly describes you
    I think that's just one breed of insecure people, more often males who generally feel that they should not be insecure due to typical standards of masculinity and instead manifest their feelings in a more "acceptable" way. I'm far from secure but thankfully, maybe an upbringing thing or something, I can admit this and tend to look for positive attributes in others. I guess this is a bit of a null post but I'm just kind of going against the "if you don't fully accept yourself you'll be a douche to others" mantra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I think that's just one breed of insecure people, more often males who generally feel that they should not be insecure due to typical standards of masculinity and instead manifest their feelings in a more "acceptable" way. I'm far from secure but thankfully, maybe an upbringing thing or something, I can admit this and tend to look for positive attributes in others. I guess this is a bit of a null post but I'm just kind of going against the "if you don't fully accept yourself you'll be a douche to others" mantra.
    Of course there are different types and levels of insecurity.
    I forgot where I heard this but someone once said something on the lines of womanhood is biological and manhood has to be earned. Young men are often told, "just be yourself. If you're a sweet guy and treat a woman respectfully, the right ones will come to you." But actually there's a lot more to it. This makes me understand why guys can be insecure too. Like you said, it's of course for the best to have a positive outlook on that, otherwise your insecurity will really show

ReputationRep:
    First, why are you assuming she'd believe everything you say and would love you forever - that's one hell of an assumption.
    Secondly, its not just girls who are insecure
    Thirdly, as to why girls are insecure is a mix of tradition, media, social expectations, men's attitudes and pressure from other people to name a few. And often people feel insecure for no apparent reason, we're all human.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm if you compliment a guy...

"Mate I think you did that last cannula really well"

They'll just be like "I know" (*arrogant face*)

But you tell a girl,

"Wow your case presentation was really well done - I think you have such a great style of presenting complex information in a simple way - emphasising all the key points. You're so talented"

And they're just so happy and will love you forever. They all believe everything you tell them - even if it's blatantly not true.

Why is this? It seems unfair lol
    lol if you said that to me id class you as mentally retarded and desperate
    BTW you over did the girls part

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely wonder how some people get the number of gems that they have... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

But you tell a girl,

"Wow your case presentation was really well done - I think you have such a great style of presenting complex information in a simple way - emphasising all the key points. You're so talented"

And they're just so happy and will love you forever. They all believe everything you tell them - even if it's blatantly not true.

I am surprised you are asking us. This is the sort of question I would come to you for to seek your wisdom oh mighty one

ReputationRep:

But you tell a girl,

Making generalisations is absolutely the wrong way to start a thread if you want a genuine response. Honestly, the kind of people posting this kind of tripe on TSR need to stop.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.