Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Year 13 - What do I do if I mess up my exams this year? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be thinking about retaking yet, just work as hard as you can and then you won't need to retake...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte)
    Same situation! Got ABCD at alevel but have been predicted ABB and will be resitting some exams
    Bah, I just spoke to my teacher and she said she 'forgot' to change my predicted grade, so english was kept at a B not an A.

And I've applied for uni's asking for ABB

Clearing here I come.

ReputationRep:
    I feel you it sucks that if we mess up now its too late to change anything and we are pretty much screwed. I don't have another option so I have to do well this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panophobic)
    Bah, I just spoke to my teacher and she said she 'forgot' to change my predicted grade, so english was kept at a B not an A.

And I've applied for uni's asking for ABB

Clearing here I come.
    No way! That sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlohaCharlotte)
    I'm in year 13, what will happen if I perform really badly in exams this year (retaking units 2 and ISAs on top of A2s), I'm under the impression I cannot retake a year due to the government changing the timing of a levels, so what would I do?
    Sorry this is really badly worded so I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to day
    Hi AlohaCharlotte,

I do agree with Shawn - it's much better if you prepare well so that your results are the one you want and you get into the HE institution that you want.
    I wasn't so fortunate in my final exams so fortunately my sixth form is letting me resit some exams as an external candidate next summer. I'm not sure, as is said with the changes to exams and exam format, if that may be possible but it is worth asking if you find yourself in that situation.

Drawbacks may be that a lot of your revision is self-directed with the school/college you're at taking an off-hand approach to helping you, and you'll have to do your UCAS application all over again, so it's worth drafting and refining your personal statement in a word document this year, saving it, and then only pasting it into the UCAS website when you know it's pitch perfect! This way you'll do a lot less UCAS work if you happen to find yourself in my position.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.