Turn on thread page Beta

Headstart EDT 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Manchester for Nuclear Physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia44)
    I think you should definitely take up your offer because it is a great experience for sampling university life and meeting new people along with the whole academic side.
    Mentioning it on your personal statement does make it stand out and I know that most people in my year aiming for STEM subjects at russell group universities did it.
    Hi Georgia,

Thanks for your reply.

I got transferred onto the Maths course that I wanted, so I'm really pleased!

I will be taking this up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justabitwearden)
    Anyone else got an offer for maths at Lancaster?
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyl.11)
    Hey, I'm not doing broad based engineering but I'm going to sussex too for chemistry and drug design. Not sure if they'll be on the same days though?
    I'm going there too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciencegal)
    I'm going there too!
    Woo hahah, are you doing the chemistry course too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyl.11)
    Woo hahah, are you doing the chemistry course too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm doing Chemistry and Drug Design too!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a bit late but I'm wondering if anyone is going to the BBE one at Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredTA)
    Computer Science and Software Engineering at York! Anyone else going for this one?
    Found this thread quite late but I am going to that one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNav)
    Found this thread quite late but I am going to that one!
    Haha cool sent you a message

ReputationRep:
    Hey .... a bit late to this forum but oh well
    Is anyone going to the STEM course in Queen Mary's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi know it's late only just found the thread I got my first choice of broad based engineering at Loughborough, anyone else going there it starts the 1st July me thinks? @JamieP_Moore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekaterina1999)
    Hi! Ive just applied for broad-based at Imperial, Durham, Exeter, Leeds and aeronautical at Coventry, what about you?
    Which one did you end up getting? I've just received an offer from Durham and was wondering how it was if anyone on this thread went in previous years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhaignvbl)
    Which one did you end up getting? I've just received an offer from Durham and was wondering how it was if anyone on this thread went in previous years?
    I went to Durham last year for broad based. Had a great time n met loads of cool people!! The guys that are in charge of the course (not academic staff) aren't to be messed with but apart from that you'll have a sick time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakewww)
    I went to Durham last year for broad based. Had a great time n met loads of cool people!! The guys that are in charge of the course (not academic staff) aren't to be messed with but apart from that you'll have a sick time!!
    Thats so sick! What would you say you've gained from the experience? I'm super excited!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhaignvbl)
    Thats so sick! What would you say you've gained from the experience? I'm super excited!!
    Great personal statement addition hahah, defo gained a good pre uni experience so I know it's defo for me + as I said a load of friends

ReputationRep:
    what is the headstart exactly? can't figure out from their website
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by harrisonchar)
    Hi, I got a place on a course but it was my fifth choice, really didn't fancy it but had to put it down. It's broad based engineering at Salford University, from reading around it seems like an engineering degree from there isn't that highly regarded so I'm just curious as to what I'm going to gain from this expericence considering the amount I have to pay for it. If anyone else got their fifth choice or went someone not as prestigous as other places I'd be intrested to hear your thoughts
    Thank you!
    Hi @harrisonchar, what course have you applied for at Salford? We'd be happy to put you in touch with current students/graduates so you can find out about their experiences if that would be helpful.

Thanks, Catherine

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.