Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eganoipse)
    No no! Not at all, I genuinely think it's awesome haha!
    😀😀Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Name: Lewis
    Course: Chemical Engineering (Masters w/foundation year)
    AS-Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Computer Programming
    AS-Levels: EEDC (Seriously ballsed up my AS year )
    Predicted A-Levels: BBC
    Offer: ABC/BBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lwaller)
    How long did it take to give you an offer mate? ive apply for a BEng for mechanical!

congrats on the offer !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fei345)
    How long did it take to give you an offer mate? ive apply for a BEng for mechanical!

congrats on the offer !
    It took roughly 3-4 weeks for me to get my offer after sending my application, If you haven't got your offer yet I'm sure it will be coming shortly!

ReputationRep:
    It took roughly 3-4 weeks for me to get my offer after sending my application, If you haven't got your offer yet I'm sure it will be coming shortly!
    ahh 3-4 weeks, thats a relief. hopefully, i will receive a place.

cheers dude

ReputationRep:
    Name: Pauline
    Course: Nutrition
    AS subjects: Food technology, Physical Education, Psychology & Philosophy and Ethics
    AS results: BCCU😫
    A2 Prediction: BBB
    Offer: ABB/BBB

I feel so dumb compared to you guys😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poyell1)
    Name: Pauline
    Course: Nutrition
    AS subjects: Food technology, Physical Education, Psychology & Philosophy and Ethics
    AS results: BCCU😫
    A2 Prediction: BBB
    Offer: ABB/BBB

I feel so dumb compared to you guys😭
    Don't worry about it mate! you did better than myself! Good luck with your course.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you what have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sopunnka
    Course: LLB
    AS-Levels: (will sit them alongside A-levels this May-June)
    Predicted A-Levels: A*AAA
    Offer: AAA
    LNAT: 27

ReputationRep:
    Name: Anil
    Course: MEng Mechanical Engineering w/ Foundation year
    AS-Levels: Economics, Business Studies, Psychology & Physics(Sitting with A2s)
    AS-Levels: ABB
    A2 Prediction: ABB
    Offer: ABC-BBB + C in AS Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Name: James
    Course: Economics
    AS-Levels: AAAB (Taking another AS this year - predicted A)
    Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*
    Offer: AAA

Congrats to everyone who has offers so far, and for those who don't I'm sure they'll come in soon

Wow, those are high grades! Just out of curiosity, what subjects are you currently doing for A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerealisyummy)
    Wow, those are high grades! Just out of curiosity, what subjects are you currently doing for A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, although I doubt I'll actually get 3 A*s haha, my school is just fairly kind with predictions.

I am doing Maths, Physics and Politics, and Further Maths AS (my school doesn't offer economics A level or I would have done that).

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JGH101)
    So I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done yet and I think people are starting to get 2016 offers! Give us a bit of background as well

Name:
    Course:
    AS-Levels:
    Predicted A-Levels:
    Offer:

I'll go first...

Name: Jacob
    Course: Biology (BSc and MSci)
    AS-Levels: AABB
    Predicted A-Levels: A*AB
    Offer: BSc Biology (AAB) and MSci Biology (AAB)

I'm not sure which one to go for yet!

Name: Isabelle
    Course: english and philosophy
    AS levels:AAAA
    A level predicted: A*AA
    Offer: English and philosophy joint hons (AAB)

I think Notts is my first choice atm but still waiting on an offer from Durham🤔

ReputationRep:
    Name: Olga
    Course: PPE
    AS-Levels: AABBE
    Predicted A-Levels: A*AAA + EPQ
    Offer: AAA or AABB

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, got an offer for a engineering foundation year.. Not sure about the city of Nottingham though. Could anyone give me a bit of information about what it's like as a place to live, I'll be coming from Newcastle, so I want a proper city place. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing a foundation year in chem eng specifically? I applied for the engineering and physical sciences foundation year, are they the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyiris)
    Hi guys, got an offer for a engineering foundation year.. Not sure about the city of Nottingham though. Could anyone give me a bit of information about what it's like as a place to live, I'll be coming from Newcastle, so I want a proper city place. Thanks
    Google it!!! It sounds like a great city where students can really enjoy themselves. Attend an offer holders day and speak to students and staff. 😀

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sarah
    Course: English and History
    AS-Levels: AAAAA (including general studies)
    Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*A
    Offer: AAA (unconditional if first firm choice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyiris)
    Are you doing a foundation year in chem eng specifically? I applied for the engineering and physical sciences foundation year, are they the same thing?
    Hi! I've applied for the foundation year too, what it does is it gives you a year to get up to standard for the engineering course (working on maths and physics) then after your first year you can then choose which masters in engineering you would like to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerwen)
    I am at Nottingham at the moment, and I am originally from Newcastle. I really love the city, you have areas such as Beeston which have high streets full of charity shops (I love it as it reminds me of Gosforth), and you also have areas such as Lenton which are great areas for partying.

The clubbing scene is quite big in Nottingham, Ocean always seems to have something going on. There are a lot of pub crawls throughout the year and plenty of socials.

The city centre is nice and big (there are plenty of Greggs), and the large shopping centre is run by the same people as Eldon Square. There are lots of pubs (including sobar which is alcohol free) and shops in the city centre, and they have a lot of good restaurants.

Nottingham also has a very big asian community, so while there may not be a china town, there are lots of places to go for chinese food (I live next door to a wholesale place on the high street), and chinese new year is always a big deal (especially with the uni's ties).

The transport system is very good, bus travel is £1 for students, you just need your uni ID. They also have a tram network where you purchase your tickets in a similar fashion to the metro.

While I will still always love Newcastle, I have found Nottingham to be a great city (even if it is lacking in a metro).

If you have any questions then feel free to ask
    Thank you so much! You've been a great help! So would you recommend it as a good uni too then? What course are you studying?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.