x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone else seeing more and more white anglo-saxon women in Burkas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Errrr have you left the house before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know what a burka is?

I see people in niqabs, hijabs and variations of these but I've never seen anyone in this city wearing a burka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    Bull****.

I don't assume every man guilty, and a woman should not have to cover up. Whenever I hear a muslim woman talk about the reason(s) why they wear a headscarf, they always assume a status of victimhood - well, we need something to stop those men don't we? As for saving your 'outer beauty'? You realise this is nonsense. It is meaningless.

As for this:

'no women is forced to wear the niqab by islam'

Well, for all I know, it may be true. I simply don't care. Whether or not it is, there are a lot of (mainly men) in the world, and increasingly in this country, that seem to believe that the beliefs they hold about women, and how they dress, should be applied universally. This is what I am against.

You are perfectly at liberty to wear what you like, for whatever nonsensical reasons, but leave me out of it.
    ok ok "men believe that the beliefs they hold about women, and how they dress, should be applied universally. This is what I am against" im against that too but to the rest of TSR debating over this - the reason why women wear a niqab is because they want to follow the teachings of our prophet Mohammed (pbuh) and its something his wifes wore back in 500 ad - now our world has changed as its the 21 Century but muslim women still want to follow his teachings therefore they wear it and society thinks that its weird and random but its just something our prophets wifes wore in 500 ad - its a way to hide beauty from the public and being extra modest and most of the time the face is the focus of temptation and desire therefore muslim women wish to cover it - if you have a problem with that its YOUR problem and the women wearing a niqab dont care they just want to please their Lord.End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Do you know what a burka is?

I see people in niqabs, hijabs and variations of these but I've never seen anyone in this city wearing a burka.
    Nah I dunno what one is ..... Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen a caucasian woman in either a hijab or a burqa, all the ones I've seen are brown.

ReputationRep:
    You can't be both lookist and anti the burqa. If you have ever made a negative judgement about an obese or some other physical impairment you should be encouraging the protection of women and be against the public display/ commoditisation of flesh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.