Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS Economics B June 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It was about the law on banning smoking in playgrounds

ReputationRep:
    Guys I was just thinking aren't exchange rates meant to be theme 2? Or have I got that wrong? Anyway I think I did alright on the exchange rates questions so it don't really matter, just I seem to remember it being in theme 2 but maybe I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This seems like a really silly question, but was the supply and demand diagram meant to be in pencil or pen?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olmeister)
    This seems like a really silly question, but was the supply and demand diagram meant to be in pencil or pen?????
    I drew it in pencil but I don't think it makes any difference, just you can't correct mistakes with a pen if you make any that's all.

(Original post by hammy434)
    Guys I was just thinking aren't exchange rates meant to be theme 2? Or have I got that wrong? Anyway I think I did alright on the exchange rates questions so it don't really matter, just I seem to remember it being in theme 2 but maybe I'm wrong.
    Exchange rates comes up a bit in chapter 7 of theme 1 as well you see

I think we all kimd of ran out time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaU)
    Exchange rates comes up a bit in chapter 7 of theme 1 as well you see
    Ahh ok thanks

Ahh ok thanks
    how is the theme 2 revision going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olmeister)

lol I did mine pencl, I said to myself ill come back to it after.dnt have time but as soon as the invigilator said pens down I rushed and copied over it in pen, I thought it wouldn't scan properly lol.

ReputationRep:
    anyone have good sources for the digital economy and (dis)economies of scale?

I'm really scared for the last dew chapters mainly the policies
    Does anyone know a quick way to revise them and take it all in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaU)
    I'm really scared for the last dew chapters mainly the policies
    Does anyone know a quick way to revise them and take it all in

I am scared as well, theme 2 is gonna be so hard. I have done up to the econ cycle today gonna try and finish that part of the spec tomorrow then do policies on sunday + the specimen paper. I ran out of time and my strategy this time is to do the 20 marker essay first. You should try ACDC Economics on youtube. He makes economics fun and easy to understand

(Original post by mahmzo)
    I am scared as well, theme 2 is gonna be so hard. I have done up to the econ cycle today gonna try and finish that part of the spec tomorrow then do policies on sunday + the specimen paper. I ran out of time and my strategy this time is to do the 20 marker essay first. You should try ACDC Economics on youtube. He makes economics fun and easy to understand

Ok thanks

I have a flow chart for the monetary and fiscal policy which simplifies them down
    I know that

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys think it went? I thought it was a pretty good paper and that last question was great imo, just a shame I didn't fully finish it although I was close to the end of it. Hope it went well for everyone and I'm glad to have it out of the way, I was so nervous about it before I did it

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys think it went? I thought it was a pretty good paper and that last question was great imo, just a shame I didn't fully finish it although I was close to the end of it. Hope it went well for everyone and I'm glad to have it out of the way, I was so nervous about it before I did it
    Much better than theme 1.
    My weakest question was R and D believe it or not.

I got 37.something for pc
    -40 for ped question

Overall went well. Hopefully got a B overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    Much better than theme 1.
    My weakest question was R and D believe it or not.

I got 37.something for pc
    -40 for ped question

Overall went well. Hopefully got a B overall
    Got the same as you for the calculations, R and D wasn't bad although I only very briefly revised that late last night when I realised I hadn't revised R and D really at all lol so probably could have done better in that question too but yeah glad that so far it seems like it was a better paper for us

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find the exams?

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses at grade boundaries?

I didn't like the question on globalisation as it could bring me down
    Hopefully we've all done well and get the grades we want/deserve

ReputationRep:
    my teacher works for edexel swell and she said that they won't know the grade boundrys until they have marked all our papers as they give the top X % an A top Y% a B and so on , so the grade boundaries will be relative to our paper , but surely as we haven't had any past papers to work from they won't be that high

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.