Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your Most Pleasant Dream Asleep ... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlad83)
    Wow, another interesting one ! Thank you.
    And no please do not apologize at all - that is great. I do understand that you feel like sharing it !
    This is precisely what I have created this thread for. It is like a collection, an archive of people's dreams and what they remember of them. Could certainly be that, why not ? So you are in the right place !
    Do not worry about using it as a "blog", LOL. On the contrary, please carry on if you wish and post and share more of your dreams (if there are any !). I would be happy to read on ...
    haha ok. Can't remember any more, but I will when I do

ReputationRep:
    I see ... But are you not finding it difficult ? I would still strongly suggest that you try and get a good sleep (or at least some) if possible because it is really important for the body (and mind too I guess). So unless there is some really important reason to, my advice is to try and not miss out on sleep.
    And in case it is for time saving reasons, it might be better to consider saving some time from other activities or routines instead.
    Please do not skip sleeping deliberately (at least not too often or regularly) if possible. And I would not push myself to exhaustion on purpose, better not to compromise your health and body etc.

I get that sleep is important because it's restorative but it seems like such a waste of time. The hour change has affected me like it always does. I'm pretty wound up right now so there's that too. I managed on 4 hours last night. Feeling it now but I've got things to do and people to see. Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead hey? Thanks for your concern though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    haha ok. Can't remember any more, but I will when I do
    That is cool ! Thanks ... Sleep well !

ReputationRep:
    That is cool ! Thanks ... Sleep well !
    Last night it was a bit vague, but pretty scary (again ... ): there was this guy who was sitting around in a park, and somehow knew that something very bad was going to happen. Then, some disease started spreading super rapidly, and loads of people in the park started getting very ill and dying. The man (along with a clever woman) built some kind of shelter to protect themselves from the disease, but then a little child came along who had it, and they took her in, and made her well again (somehow). Then, loads of radiation started randomly spreading around, and the man died (along with many others). The next morning, the woman came out with the child, and a sight of horror which I don't need to describe met their eyes. The woman, who was obviously terrified, tried to run to the gate and leave immediately, but the girl, weirdly enough, wanted to lag behind. When they finally got out, it turned out that the girl was already a ghost
    Ha, yet another ghost story...

ReputationRep:
    Last night it was a bit vague, but pretty scary (again ... ): there was this guy who was sitting around in a park, and somehow knew that something very bad was going to happen. Then, some disease started spreading super rapidly, and loads of people in the park started getting very ill and dying. The man (along with a clever woman) built some kind of shelter to protect themselves from the disease, but then a little child came along who had it, and they took her in, and made her well again (somehow). Then, loads of radiation started randomly spreading around, and the man died (along with many others). The next morning, the woman came out with the child, and a sight of horror which I don't need to describe met their eyes. The woman, who was obviously terrified, tried to run to the gate and leave immediately, but the girl, weirdly enough, wanted to lag behind. When they finally got out, it turned out that the girl was already a ghost
    Ha, yet another ghost story...
    Wow, a very cool interesting and creative dream again !
    A gripping plot, mysterious, surreal and indeed .. scary.
    Thank you.
    You really have a rich varied personal dream archive or .. a fully functional Dreams Production Factory ! That is brilliant ...
    Thanks for your time and dedication too, appreciated !
    Wishing you still more exciting dreams .. but this time definitely No more scary ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    I get that sleep is important because it's restorative but it seems like such a waste of time. The hour change has affected me like it always does. I'm pretty wound up right now so there's that too. I managed on 4 hours last night. Feeling it now but I've got things to do and people to see. Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead hey? Thanks for your concern though!
    You are welcome ! And he he he, oh please don't put it like that ! :slap:
    (That was naughty I know, but please take no offence lol).
    Yeah I understand you. And you are intelligent. But hmm .. surely it is better if you are fresh and happy and "fully operational" rather than feeling drowsy and stuff ? Because we cannot all be the Duracell bunny, :bunny2: constantly tirelessly functional, right he he ?
    But of course .. whatever you feel works best for you.
    My sympathies as to how you are feeling lately (please try to relax) and regarding the hour change effect too. :console:
    Actually I often do not get enough sleep too. Because I go to bed very late and then if I do not sleep long enough and wake / get up earlier than that, then this means I end up sleep deprived - which is not a nice feeling for me to be honest.
    Anyway .. good luck with your activities and with everything - and please do take care.
    P.S. And if you do hit the pillow ... sleep well !

ReputationRep:
    Wow, a very cool interesting and creative dream again !
    A gripping plot, mysterious, surreal and indeed .. scary.
    Thank you.
    You really have a rich varied personal dream archive or .. a fully functional Dreams Production Factory ! That is brilliant ...
    Thanks for your time and dedication too, appreciated !
    Wishing you still more exciting dreams .. but this time definitely No more scary ones.
    Haha,I don't think last night's was scary - hence my having forgotten it But I'll keep trying! ;p

ReputationRep:
    Haha,I don't think last night's was scary - hence my having forgotten it But I'll keep trying! ;p
    Nice one !
    And never mind, never mind ...

ReputationRep:
    Nice one !
    And never mind, never mind ...
    lol this time (for once) not scary and I actually remember at least part of it...
    There were kinda three stories going on at once: In one, I was participating in a debate on TSR (I knew I was spending too much time on TSR!); in the second, I was in a FM A-level exam, and I kept saying that I was going to get an A*, but I ended up with a C ; in the third, there was a strange kind of bird which, for some inexplicable reason (I would never do so irl) I shot. It was a really beautiful bird, too... But then one of its offspring cam back with its friends and had its revenge on me lol
    V weird dream again... lol

ReputationRep:
    Maybe weird .. but entertaining !
    Aww .. the final dream was sad indeed (and somewhat surreal - which sets it apart from the other two) but the last part of it was quite funny.
    A nice diverse set of 3 dreams - in - one, LOL.
    Thanks a lot again for sharing ! Cool and engaging to read - as ever.

ReputationRep:
    used to have this massive crush on someone like 3 years ago and I dreamed that he actually spoke to me and asked me out, woke up so excited then realised it was only a dream

sounds really lame but most of my dreams are just plain messed up and I just wake up like what on earth just happened

ReputationRep:
    The only lucid dream I can remember. I remember feeling utterly elated and completely free of worry but all I remember of the dream itself is flying over London by night, taking off from some nondescript part of the embankment to the vexation of a school master I once had below, adorned in his trademark three piece suit and bowler hat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    The only lucid dream I can remember. I remember feeling utterly elated and completely free of worry but all I remember of the dream itself is flying over London by night, taking off from some nondescript part of the embankment to the vexation of a school master I once had below, adorned in his trademark three piece suit and bowler hat.
    Amazing ...
    I would say this one symbolizes liberation. Almost for sure. Psychologically speaking and in terms of interpreting dreams. Breaking free, letting go, beyond reach of any restraints. Totally enjoying yourself.
    A lucid dream even .. that is interesting.
    Flying over London by night - wow - sort of like Peter Pan !
    A little bit surreal but so romantic, just wonderful !
    What a nice dream to have ... Those were brilliant inner feelings you experienced there. No wonder you felt this good in a dream of such nature.
    I hope you will have more dreams like this.
    Thanks a lot for sharing.

ReputationRep:
    Vlad do you take drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)
    used to have this massive crush on someone like 3 years ago and I dreamed that he actually spoke to me and asked me out, woke up so excited then realised it was only a dream

sounds really lame but most of my dreams are just plain messed up and I just wake up like what on earth just happened
    Another good contribution. My response is below.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)

Ah .. that was very nice !
    I suppose that what you describe here - having those sorts of fulfilling, exciting dreams and then waking up to find it was just a dream - is quite typical. I think I have generally experienced such a tendency myself in - and right after - my dreams (almost without doubt) - and specifically some dreams I may have had that were to do with a crush, could possibly be put under that tendency too. In which case, we are similar in that !
    This is another demonstration for us of how amazing a phenomenon both our dreams and our mind are. The Dream Land is a wonderful dimension for sure ! And luckily, it is evidently capable of being quite pleasant.
    I would hope that special dream of yours from 3 years ago did eventually come true! (I hope I am not stepping on too personal a territory here though).
    And oh no, this is not lame at all. This is probably what dreams - and therefore our subconsciousness too - are about .. or more precisely, how they tend to function or express themselves.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here and with me. May your dreams always be sweet !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Vlad do you take drugs
    No I do not.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to post my dreams but it is quite private to me sorry x

ReputationRep:
    That is OK, no worries at all.
    I am perfectly aware and understand that dreams are private things and that sometimes not everyone is willing or comfortable about sharing them, with a wider public included.
    But I do appreciate your willingness to contribute and thanks for wanting to share your dreams.
    If you want, please feel free to private message me your dream(s) if that is what you are more comfortable with than posting it here.

ReputationRep:
    A day before my AS results day I had a nightmare that I got BBBBB, I woke up got BBBCC bRUH

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.