Worst pain you have experianced so far? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    physical:

1)period pain
    2)migrane
    3)got bitten by a horse on the soft skin of my neck (hurt a lot )

emotional
    1)The loss of two of my piggies :heart:

oh yeah, i forgot about when my little finger was crushed in a hinge, still hurts now so that is my top one probably as it damaged the tendons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    Oh gosh, the surgery sounds scary My spine is curved too but I haven't been put down for the surgery just yet. I get back pain all the time - one moment the other month was the worst pain I have ever experienced because sudden sharp pains just attacked every part of my spine as well as the front, back and middle of my rib cages and made it very difficult to breath. My body is similar too, my legs grew much more than my torso. My curvature isn't as severe as 60 degrees though, but other than not being able to do those sports, you've recovered just fine?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    It hurts to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Yep
    That's good to hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I worked with a bloke who was off for weeks when he dislocated his elbow. He said he passed out from the pain when they were trying - and repeatedly failing - to manipulate it back in. He said they waited for him to come round before carrying on because they needed his opinion on whether it felt right when it went in. :eek:
    I can believe that. They drugged me up pretty heavily when they were putting it back in. Still hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Huh let's see...

Emotional: I can't pinpoint a precise moment for this one, but the entire time I was handling the worst of my depression (back in 2013) was the worst I ever felt emotionally. My head and chest hurt constantly, to the point where sometimes I couldn't breathe. I still get it bad sometimes now, but it's not gotten as bad as that in some time (touch wood), which I'm very grateful for.

Now... feel free to have a giggle (and/or cringe) at this one:

Physical: When I was...6? 7? My friend had a huge play-set in his back garden: trampoline, climbing frame, slide, the works! We thought it would be a great idea to climb up the climbing frame, stand on the monkey bars, and launch ourselves onto the trampoline directly below for some "extra air :cool:". (You can probably see where this is going...)
    Anyway, being the dumbass I was, I took my shoes off for climbing, but not my socks. After jumping off a few times, I climbed up again to jump, balanced precariously on the monkey bars....as I bent my knees to jump, my foot slipped on the metal bar, and I fell. Straight down. One leg went one side of the bar, the other went the other side. Crushed nuts.
    When I recovered from the shock , I managed to shakily pull one leg up, then dropped down the rest of the height, and limped my way home, where I was promptly rushed to hospital in a fit of tears, screaming, and somehow with a great deal of blood (and bruising, of course).
    That, and the following two weeks when going toilet had me belting my lungs to pieces screaming in agony, was probably the worst pain I have ever felt. Ever. Fortunately it didn't do (too much) permanent damage, but yeah...

ReputationRep:
    I had a cricket accident in third year at uni. I was wicket keeping indoors and didn't wear a helmet and the ball hit me flush in the eye.
    That and getting smacked in the nuts a couple yards away from where the ball was kicked. 😩.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    physical:

1)period pain
    2)migrane
    3)got bitten by a horse on the soft skin of my neck (hurt a lot )

emotional
    1)The loss of two of my piggies :heart:

oh yeah, i forgot about when my little finger was crushed in a hinge, still hurts now so that is my top one probably as it damaged the tendons
    Horse bites are the devil incarnate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Scitty)
    Horse bites are the devil incarnate.
    yes indeed, he was a nasty horse anyway (i never say thigs like that about animals but he actually was ) as he just grabbed me as i walked pas his stable, and it left a massive bruise for ages

ReputationRep:
    Breaking my ankle yesterday night in training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    yes indeed, he was a nasty horse anyway (i never say thigs like that about animals but he actually was ) as he just grabbed me as i walked pas his stable, and it left a massive bruise for ages
    I've been lucky that the majority of bites I've had have been accidental (usually when hand-feeding and they've caught my skin in their over-enthusiasm) but damn does it bruise haha. Feel for you having that on your neck
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Scitty)
    I've been lucky that the majority of bites I've had have been accidental (usually when hand-feeding and they've caught my skin in their over-enthusiasm) but damn does it bruise haha. Feel for you having that on your neck
    aww yeah cos you can't really blame them if it was accidental, like whe one of my piggies bit me as she thought my finger was an extension of the carrot lol thanks, i suppose i could of passed it off as a love bite :laugh:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    I had a cricket accident in third year at uni. I was wicket keeping indoors and didn't wear a helmet and the ball hit me flush in the eye.
    That and getting smacked in the nuts a couple yards away from where the ball was kicked. 😩.
    I played cricket in primary school. We used soft balls (well, not the harder ones that you probably used) and I somehow managed to get hit in the head with one. That was pretty painful.

And on that subject - hitting my head on the bedroom floor after a seizure was pretty painful too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    The sound of ripping skin was the worst part.
    That is grim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    That is grim
    That, and your username, is what the doctor first said when he saw me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    That, and your username, is what the doctor first said when he saw me.
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    When I got punched on my face a few days ago by my boyfriend. Did not expect it one bit as he never used to believe in violence, he used to be a pacifist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting stabbed in the chest by an estoc two years ago.

Or the various burns that have stung like hell throughout the years. Emphasis on the time when my mum dropped the iron on my wrist when I was 7.

ReputationRep:
    Physical:

When I was around 7-8 I fell off from the long stairs where I lost my balance standing backward
    I was unconscious right after, was bleeding all over my head. I still have that scar on my head

ReputationRep:
    Uti, ear infection and tooth abscess were the worst for me. Uti was basically like feeling 1000 needles lit on fire every time you had to pee, it was horrible :/ The ear infection and abscess were just horrible constant throbbing pains. The ear infection went away after about a week but the abscess persisted on and off for about 4 months, till I finally had to have a root canal done

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.