Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm white middle class male go to the best school in the borough and haven't had anything bad happen to me grow up so it doesn't really apply to me but is it true that it drops if I make it my firm?:')

ReputationRep:
    Where did you find the information about grade offers dropping if you make it your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Someone on Reddit said it was said at the open day talk but I can't confirm it

ReputationRep:
    If you guys have a question bout student life and the sort, feel free to ask ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookBird)
    If you guys have a question bout student life and the sort, feel free to ask ^^
    Hey,
    Which accommodation is stereotypically the most sociable/least sociable? and how much do people usually spend on a night out?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    Hey,
    Which accommodation is stereotypically the most sociable/least sociable? and how much do people usually spend on a night out?
    Thanks
    Most sociable is generally thought to be Central Village, Henry Price and probably Charles Morris. Although tbh, any hall can be quite sociable depending on the people who live there. I live in CV, and it's quite social. How much you spend on a night out depends on where you go; there are a lot of night clubs which demand £5/6 for a ticket, some £7, like for Control. Events in the union typically cost £5/6 as well, just depends on what the event is. As for drinks, it also depends on where you go. I think the drinks in the union might be cheaper, but don't quote me on that. I typically just get a bottle of something for pre-drinks, rather than buy drinks at the event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookBird)
    Most sociable is generally thought to be Central Village, Henry Price and probably Charles Morris. Although tbh, any hall can be quite sociable depending on the people who live there. I live in CV, and it's quite social. How much you spend on a night out depends on where you go; there are a lot of night clubs which demand £5/6 for a ticket, some £7, like for Control. Events in the union typically cost £5/6 as well, just depends on what the event is. As for drinks, it also depends on where you go. I think the drinks in the union might be cheaper, but don't quote me on that. I typically just get a bottle of something for pre-drinks, rather than buy drinks at the event.
    Also, how common are house parties? or do people go clubbing/bars more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    Also, how common are house parties? or do people go clubbing/bars more?
    Hmm, speaking about CV specifically, people tend to go out more. House parties do happen, it just depends on what the club is offering that night. Like, if it's a special event, or Halloween or whatever, people will go out. If it's during some random night in the middle of term, you might have more house parties?

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone!! I received a conditional offer in early November, they're asking for AAA which is what my predicted grades are. Im applying for history, soooooo excited Does anyone here actually already live in Leeds? If so what is it like?

ReputationRep:
    Me! I got an offer to study Law, AAA

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone coming to the offer holder day on the 20.2???? Can't wait X)

ReputationRep:
    So happy that I've been invited for an interview at Leeds for Radiography woo!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for MChem Chemistry about a month ago, AAB 😄 ngl I think I will firm Leeds - absolutely loved it when I went for interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontargue)
    My daughter was delighted to get an offer from Leeds - AAB for Politics & Philosophy. She also has an offer from Birmingham, ABB. She loved both when she went for their Open days. I know which one I would advise, but it's her decision.
    which would you advice?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for German and Management xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lytran)
    Is anyone coming to the offer holder day on the 20.2???? Can't wait X)
    I'm going, for the Business School open day. I'm hoping to read Accounting and Finance and will firm Leeds.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8jlee)
    I'm going, for the Business School open day. I'm hoping to read Accounting and Finance and will firm Leeds.

What about you?
    I'm going as well but I'm doing Economics. I'm not sure if i'm firming Leeds because I'm still waiting for Exeter and UCL to reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyitsjess)
    Got an offer for Communication and Media!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So have I!!! I'm so excited I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    My school still havent sent my ucas off, getting a bit worried now that there will be no places left. Has anyone got an offer for economics at Leeds yet?

ReputationRep:
    I have my offer from Leeds, when do we sort out accommodation?

I can not firm Leeds yet, as I am yet to hear back from one other university - but are people applying for Uni of Leeds accommodation now?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.