Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Woh TSR celeb just for having met him, haha :adore:
    ikr haha

(Original post by Kittiara)
    Aw, I really liked Michael Jackson as well. I do feel very lucky. A friend of my family was a photographer for a big publication, and he asked for permission to take me along for the assignment.

It was only for a few minutes, that I got to speak with him. And as said, I was really shy, so I didn't actually say much. But it's a good memory, and I remember him being a kind, gentle person.
    proof he wasn't a pedophile guys! Michael Jackson omg even his name gives me chills i am fangirling so much right now i don't even know why aahahaha. That's amazing though! wow... WOW... just idek haha idek what to say! awhhh that's just so cute bneohvwjcdn

ReputationRep:
    I met Juan Pablo Montoya once when I was young.

I don't want to believe I forgot the place I met him
    So I'll just say Silverstone

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I really liked Michael Jackson as well. I do feel very lucky. A friend of my family was a photographer for a big publication, and he asked for permission to take me along for the assignment.

It was only for a few minutes, that I got to speak with him. And as said, I was really shy, so I didn't actually say much. But it's a good memory, and I remember him being a kind, gentle person.
    also i love that your avatar/ profile pic is Axl Rose

omg when Slash and Michael collabed on Give into Me literal eargasms omg i just can't

UGH i was born in the wrong era
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    ikr haha

proof he wasn't a pedophile guys! Michael Jackson omg even his name gives me chills i am fangirling so much right now i don't even know why aahahaha. That's amazing though! wow... WOW... just idek haha idek what to say! awhhh that's just so cute bneohvwjcdn
    I have never believed that he did those things he was accused of. Looking back, he seemed a bit shy as well. Definitely not creepy or anything.

(Original post by z33)
    also i love that your avatar/ profile pic is Axl Rose

omg when Slash and Michael collabed on Give into Me literal eargasms omg i just can't

UGH i was born in the wrong era
    Aye, I love Axl! And yes, that was amazing, two of my favourite artists working together!

Would so like to have a chat with Axl as well. Though I would probably go all shy again.

The 80s and 90s did have such good music.

ReputationRep:
    I have never believed that he did those things he was accused of. Looking back, he seemed a bit shy as well. Definitely not creepy or anything.

Aye, I love Axl! And yes, that was amazing, two of my favourite artists working together!

Would so like to have a chat with Axl as well. Though I would probably go all shy again.

The 80s and 90s did have such good music.
    yeah those allegations really took a toll on him it was so sad poor Michael *sighhhhhh* he was the sweetest, kindest human being ever - literally a child at heart

can we just with Axl's vocal range... ugh it's too much - i LOVE it
    omg slash collabed with M Shadows from A7X (yes, avenged sevenfold trash here) and it's AMAZING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUeW7yuhFro i love his album!

haha awhhh yyeah i wish i was a teenager in the 90s - would've still been young enough but get to see all my idols! and get to go to uni for £1000 a year.... sighhhh life mustve been so good then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    ... met a 'celebrity'? Or someone well-known? Tell me all about it
    Yes, I've met quite a few people. in no order...
    • JLS at an event for a charity I used to volunteer for, got invited to it and got to just talk to them for an hour. Then they donated money to the charity.
    • Amanda Holden-for the same charity. I was being filmed to be on TV and she was the presenter
    • I've was in the audience of the 2013 Text Santa, so have seen Ant and Dec, Holly Willoughby, Phillip Schofield, Paddy McGuinness, and Christine Bleakley.
    • My school had cast of Waterloo Road visit a few years - different people each year.
    Can't think of any others but there might be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    ooh that's awesome! not a big harry potter fan (don't know why haha) but that's really cool! :eek:

omgosh against your will haha - was it worth it?

That's awesome ! - don't listen to Hip Hop much but still AWESOME!

how do you people get to meet these guys even?!

Haha, met Matthew casually on the streets of London, the twins at a local charity football match, the kardashians at Westfield (know someone from security) and krept and kohan came to my secondary school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    Yes, I've met quite a few people. in no order...
    • JLS at an event for a charity I used to volunteer for, got invited to it and got to just talk to them for an hour. Then they donated money to the charity.
    • Amanda Holden-for the same charity. I was being filmed to be on TV and she was the presenter
    • I've was in the audience of the 2013 Text Santa, so have seen Ant and Dec, Holly Willoughby, Phillip Schofield, Paddy McGuinness, and Christine Bleakley.
    • My school had cast of Waterloo Road visit a few years - different people each year.
    Can't think of any others but there might be.
    oh my gosh which charity is this Children in Need or summin? That's so cool! I love(d) JLS! Amanda is awesome too - childhood BGT memories haha. That's awesome! OMg Ant and Dec I can't - too many feels.
    The entire cast of Waterloo Road - your school is AWESOME wow!

i've literally only 'met' this girl from BGT:

was on a trip to south bank, central for Geography coursework and she was on a school trip too. My friend recognised her and started fangirling then ALL of her class LITERALLY swarmed her and hid her in the middle and the teachers turned into ****ing body guards and screamed SHE DOESN'T WANT PICTURES STOP

we didn't even have our phones out lol we just wanted to say hi but okay haha

that was the only celeb i've 'met'

The other group of the trip met Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher though jealousy is REAL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Haha, met Matthew casually on the streets of London, the twins at a local charity football match, the kardashians at Westfield (know someone from security) and krept and kohan came to my secondary school
    that's awesome - i live in London and have never met anyone! i need to go out more though - im sure if i went out more i'd meet loads of celebs around the streets... i'd probably just walk past though - too scared to say anything

WHAT IS UP WITH THESE AWESOME SCHOOLS BRINGING AWESOME PEOPLE IN?

our schools make us bring our own paper in they don't spend money on ANYTHING

i wish i had connections - i wanna meet a Formula 1 driver (preferably Sebastian Vettel ) that would be a dream come true...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not sure if this counts but I've known/talked to Zach King (the Viner) for 3-4 years now (still do) and we have Skyped a few times as well .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    oh my gosh which charity is this Children in Need or summin? That's so cool! I love(d) JLS! Amanda is awesome too - childhood BGT memories haha. That's awesome! OMg Ant and Dec I can't - too many feels.
    The entire cast of Waterloo Road - your school is AWESOME wow!

i've literally only 'met' this girl from BGT:

was on a trip to south bank, central for Geography coursework and she was on a school trip too. My friend recognised her and started fangirling then ALL of her class LITERALLY swarmed her and hid her in the middle and the teachers turned into ****ing body guards and screamed SHE DOESN'T WANT PICTURES STOP

we didn't even have our phones out lol we just wanted to say hi but okay haha

that was the only celeb i've 'met'

The other group of the trip met Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher though jealousy is REAL
    No, not Children in Need (but someone In my class in school was in one of their films, as was an organisation near to me I go to had a film about them for it)
    The charity I met JLS with does not exist anymore, The Amanda Holden filming was for Text Santa.
    And no, not the entire waterloo cast (wow must be lots) was just a few of them, like 2 each year.

Yours is exciting though, there seems to be lots here of people just finding celebrities. mine was all planed of known about - not massively before. The media is quite last minute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    that's awesome - i live in London and have never met anyone! i need to go out more though - im sure if i went out more i'd meet loads of celebs around the streets... i'd probably just walk past though - too scared to say anything

WHAT IS UP WITH THESE AWESOME SCHOOLS BRINGING AWESOME PEOPLE IN?

our schools make us bring our own paper in they don't spend money on ANYTHING

i wish i had connections - i wanna meet a Formula 1 driver (preferably Sebastian Vettel ) that would be a dream come true...
    I think it's a rare moment when you see celebrities, not sure how often they're in the public eye like that. If you see them, say "hi", they're just humans like us.

They're local to where I live so that's why? Yeah we have to bring our own paper too

Don't know much about car drivers but I hope you meet your idol one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    No, not Children in Need (but someone In my class in school was in one of their films, as was an organisation near to me I go to had a film about them for it)
    The charity I met JLS with does not exist anymore, The Amanda Holden filming was for Text Santa.
    And no, not the entire waterloo cast (wow must be lots) was just a few of them, like 2 each year.

Yours is exciting though, there seems to be lots here of people just finding celebrities. mine was all planed of known about - not massively before. The media is quite last minute!
    haha i've had so many misses! like i would be SO close to meeting a celebrity and then i'd miss them by a few minutes or i'd cancel a trip and they'd be there on THAT day

still yours are really cool though! i wish i could go around collecting celebrity meet ups like pokemon but i ain't got those skills - and i don't wanna be some papparazzi stalking **** nope haha

some fans are so crazy they literally GRAB the celebrity and pull them into the crowd, steal their belongings, mob them, get into their cars like wtf bruh this ain't no Michael Jackson cALM DOWN

Haha aww, hardly.

I really envy people who have met Sir Terry Pratchett. Would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet him in person. He was my literary hero.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did actually accidentally email him and he was such a lovely guy. But it was embarrassing all the same.
    Never met Terry Pratchett, but I did meet Gerry Anderson when I was little.

I also bumped into various members of the Coronation Street in Manchester in the late '90s, though I'm not sure how much that counts.

Um. I'm friends with a musician called Andy Eastwood, and have emailed with the author Lev Grossman, though neither of them are famous famous. I've also emailed with a couple of people who are/were big names in computing (Ken Thompson, Bjarne Stroustrop, Tim Patterson).

And through having once been a member of the George Formby Society, and making a name for myself there and at various big music events in my area, I was almost famous at one time, myself. It feels strange being recognized as a singer/musician when I'm stacking bookshelves in a shop...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    haha i've had so many misses! like i would be SO close to meeting a celebrity and then i'd miss them by a few minutes or i'd cancel a trip and they'd be there on THAT day

still yours are really cool though! i wish i could go around collecting celebrity meet ups like pokemon but i ain't got those skills - and i don't wanna be some papparazzi stalking **** nope haha

some fans are so crazy they literally GRAB the celebrity and pull them into the crowd, steal their belongings, mob them, get into their cars like wtf bruh this ain't no Michael Jackson cALM DOWN
    Aww,, that must be SO annoying.
    I didn't particularly want to meet anyone, I just started volunteering for a charity and then either got invited to things or then did other roles (I was a media ambassador too) so it just happened. Like I'm not going to say no to any invites am I?

ReputationRep:
    Paris Hilton at a car store :giggle:
    Did an interview with Boris Johnson
    Ryan Gosling on a street and he SMILED at me ashdgssdj

ReputationRep:
    Met Mandem on the Wall, Steph from the Luminites & Troy the magician.

ReputationRep:
    Louis Smith and Christine Ohuruogu came into our school. I only got to saw Louis Smith, but it was still cool.

My friend got to ask him a question too (can't remember what it was).

Plus, I saw members of 'The Next Step' (I doubt anyone watches this) outside Westfield.

These are the only two instances. My life is so exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Rita Ora walking past my school for a photoshoot
    that's it.
    If Beyonce, Rihanna, jay Z etc driving by my house counts then it's included too
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    - I got to take a selfie with Roger Federer (the best tennis player of all time) at the Wimbledon championships.
    - I have a (proper) photo of me and Shah Rukh Khan (the world's 2nd richest actor for those who don't know), which was taken at a special event in the UK.

That's about it :lol:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.